BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

November 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Nov 22: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice  (Read 1851 times)

Offline SquigglyV

• My business, as you know, is fighting.
    • View Profile
Re: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice
« Reply #15 on: 02/11/18, 05:56:56 PM »
0 Show voters
Planning to start using my mandalorian again so this sounds fun. She's at the exact level needed for Hoth too! :D

Absolutely no idea what sort of gift to bring tho.

6:00 PST is probably the best time for me, earlier is fine but any later and I probably won't have time to stick around after the boss fight. Especially if multiple ones occur. I am ok with any day of the week tho.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02/11/18, 07:09:05 PM »
0 Show voters
Thanks for the replies you two! That helps guide my decision-making here. Does Monday the 26th at 6:00 PM Server work for everyone interested? That would be a pretty ideal day and time slot.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02/12/18, 11:18:59 AM »
0 Show voters
That works fine for me! What happens if we don't have enough people for a WB fight though?

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02/12/18, 12:01:41 PM »
0 Show voters
That works fine for me! What happens if we don't have enough people for a WB fight though?

I guess we improvise! I can pull out my notes from when it was a dice rolling event.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02/14/18, 05:33:40 PM »
0 Show voters
Reminder that this is now on the calendar for the 26th! RSVPs are not necessary but will be welcome! Given outpost guards and faction stuff, I'll be posting a map to our starting gathering location, and may need someone Pubside to help with running and guiding people to where they need to go.

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02/23/18, 04:27:39 PM »
0 Show voters
Just remembered one question I have, what sort of gifts did you think would be fitting for this event? Does it have to be something that can be distributed easily, like food or cluster munitions?

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02/23/18, 04:54:03 PM »
0 Show voters
Just remembered one question I have, what sort of gifts did you think would be fitting for this event? Does it have to be something that can be distributed easily, like food or cluster munitions?

Doesn't have to be distributed easily, it can be anything a Mando clan might find useful. Things will basically be given based on where they are most needed or can be put to best use.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02/24/18, 07:47:09 AM »
0 Show voters
Malhra has ecology and hunting.

Is the item an actual in game item? Or something you can describe?

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02/24/18, 07:54:22 AM »
0 Show voters
Malhra has ecology and hunting.

Is the item an actual in game item? Or something you can describe?

It's all just IC stuff. No actual game items.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02/24/18, 07:13:06 PM »
0 Show voters
Thank you everyone for being patient with the details for this event! Here is our updated premise and directions:

Mare'cye'tuur - The Day of Revelation

Urziya Veshkgalaar has summoned clans and allies to participate in a ritual Mare'cye'tuur hunt, celebrating a long-forgotten holiday of old Mandalore affirming the ties of the Mando'ade to their identities and their survival skills. All are welcome to join... but not all may be equally equipped to endure the harsh elements. Survive as a people, bring down mighty beasts to aid your clan, or suffer the consequences.

What: Mando Life Day, basically. We're going on an IC World Boss hunt and then celebrating our victories together. You are ICly encouraged to bring gifts that will benefit the participating clans, but you are not required to bring anything OOC. All gifts are IC only.

Who: Mandos, friends of Mandos, and random passers-by who get caught up in the hunt. Because this is a world boss hunt, and because it's open world, I want to open it up to as many people as possible. If you pull your weight--Mando or not--you'll be tolerated and allowed to hunt beside them... as long as you can keep up. :P Level 40+ characters are preferred, as the Hoth World Bosses are Levels 44 and 49 respectively.

Where: We are meeting on Hoth. Please consult this map to find out where to begin:

Stage 1: Snowblind

1: Imperials go to Leth Outpost and head out the western exit, and Republics go to Outpost Zerek and head east past the outpost.
2: Meet up halfway at the Starship Graveyard entrance. This will be where we begin RP.
3: Fight Snowblind and be ready to port/speeder your way to our next objectives!

If Snowblind isn't there or we don't have enough people, we will hunt our fill of random creatures in the area until we've cleared it out ICly. The trek itself will be our test of endurance.

Stage 2: Gargath

1: Imperials and Republics will begin at their respective Jagged Plains camp and head towards the other one's camp
2: Meet up in between to begin our hunt. This is also a good place for latecomers to join in!
3: We will go into the ice plain to fight Gargath.
4: With the creature slain, we will head to the Frostclaw Heroic Entrance and use the entrance cave as our camp. And hopefully not run into too many people doing Heroics runs.

If Gargath isn't there, or we don't have enough people, we will kill droids for salvage, slay wampas, and regroup at camp the same as if we'd found him. We will then stay in the ice caves for the remainder of celebrations until people all have to go to sleep.

When: Starts Monday evening, at 6 PM Server time. We'll give people some time to join us, then head out. If you arrive late, join us for Phase Gargath! If you arrive even later, join us at our end camp!

If we do not have enough people... We have two options: We can do the alternatives listed under Where and trek around as usual. OR, we can explore at random, killing everything we find, and turn it into a resource-scavenging expedition as a group. There are lots of cool little locations on Hoth, especially in the Phase Snowblind area, that we can turn into almost any RP we want.

Because of this... Please RSVP!
Post below to let me know if you are coming and who you are bringing!
« Last Edit: 02/24/18, 07:15:22 PM by Noth »

Offline SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02/24/18, 07:27:46 PM »
0 Show voters
I will be there if possible on my mandalorian, Ziani! I think she is a healer OOCly but i'm not sure, she's only level 41 so probably won't be much help either way.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02/25/18, 10:57:10 PM »
0 Show voters
I will be there on Adeliey!  :grin:
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02/26/18, 08:17:30 AM »
0 Show voters
I'll be there.

Offline Cyone

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02/26/18, 04:24:23 PM »
0 Show voters
I will be there on Korvael! Sorry for the late RSVP...

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02/26/18, 04:43:37 PM »
0 Show voters
Awesome! I'm not sure if we'll have enough for a world boss fight, in which case, our plan is to make the Stage 1 trek, clear out random mobs, maybe get distracted by whatever impulses and plot ideas strike us as we explore the landscape, before heading back to base camp (aka the Frostclaw den). Should be a lot of fun! See you all there!