BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

January 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jan 22: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Jan 25: Jedi kNight (7:30 PST)
Jan 26: Dancer's Palace 9pm PST
Jan 29: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: 5.X Patchnotes, Updates, Guides, etc...  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
Re: 5.X Patchnotes, Updates, Guides, etc...
« Reply #135 on: 11/30/17, 08:29:45 PM »
0 Show voters
Soo.... I just logged in to discover all my Zabrak with natural orange eyes now have Sith-looking gold eyes. Not the gold eyes previously available. Gold ones straight out of Episode III. Went to change it in the Appearance Designer, and discovered that orange eyes, brown eyes, and regular gold eyes are no longer available for Zabrak. They also have a pure white color they didn't have before.

Is this happening for other races too? I reported it as a bug. If this is some sneak change, it's a really terrible one. BW shouldn't be removing baseline character creation options that people had already as part of their characters.

Edit: It's possible that they tried to retextured the eyes to make them look more 'detailed' and it ruined the colors... but that silver one seems like that is not what is happening. Wtf.

Edit the 2nd: This is a known issue that people are commenting about, at least. Good.
« Last Edit: 11/30/17, 08:41:32 PM by Noth »
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd
Seirion: Senatorial Aide // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Terr: Mandalorian Chieftain // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 12/01/17, 05:49:20 AM »
0 Show voters
Yeah they changed them all. Imazi's, Human, eyes are no longer as dark a brown.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Online SquigglyV

• No, Lord! All is still downright bad, I find.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 12/01/17, 06:08:58 AM »
0 Show voters
If they can't automatically revert people's eye colours when this is fixed, they better compensate us somehow. Removing customization options then forcing people to pay for a change when/if it's fixed would be a horrendous decision.

Also, I agree with some of the people in that thread that the new shiny eyes look weird and not so good. They're kind of a neat effect, but with the exception of the awesome new glowing DS corruption I greatly mildly prefer the old style.
« Last Edit: 12/01/17, 02:34:22 PM by SquigglyV »
You are in error. No one is screaming. Thank you for your cooperation.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 12/01/17, 10:12:30 AM »
0 Show voters
Adding shine to eyes shouldn't have messed up everyone's original eye colors and the options that were available.

I too hope they fix it - allow it all or revert it back to its original state and screw the stupid "eye shine"...

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 12/01/17, 12:11:36 PM »
0 Show voters
I must be the only one who likes the new eyes... although I do have quibbles with the brown and some of the other colour options now available.
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azeara

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 12/01/17, 02:57:44 PM »
0 Show voters
I must be the only one who likes the new eyes... although I do have quibbles with the brown and some of the other colour options now available.

I like the new textures, those are fine. What's bothering me is that all of my character's eye colors... no longer exist. Zorru and Ayrak both have gold and red-rimmed Sith eyes instead of a natural orange, and Bren has green eyes now instead of brown. And their old options just aren't there, so it's not possible to change them back. I also read that they removed the darkest eye colors from every race? Which is... messed up Bioware....
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd
Seirion: Senatorial Aide // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Terr: Mandalorian Chieftain // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 12/01/17, 08:33:12 PM »
0 Show voters
What happened is something that Bioware is good at. They fixed what wasn't broken while trying to fix something that was.

Offline Darshendros

• Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 12/03/17, 08:12:33 AM »
0 Show voters

I like the new textures, those are fine. What's bothering me is that all of my character's eye colors... no longer exist. Zorru and Ayrak both have gold and red-rimmed Sith eyes instead of a natural orange, and Bren has green eyes now instead of brown. And their old options just aren't there, so it's not possible to change them back. I also read that they removed the darkest eye colors from every race? Which is... messed up Bioware....
What does BW have against natural black eyes? >:[

New textures work for Dark V at least. Lot more vibrant than flat red (which was fine too, don't get me wrong, but I'm biased 'cuz it's my favorite color lol). Some of the other eye colors though... What the hell?

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 12/03/17, 08:37:39 AM »
0 Show voters
I can see updating the colors, but the problem really is that they changed the colors not just increased the depth. Even adding these new colors as additional options would have been fine. I just wish pre-existing colors had remained closer to the original values. For instance, Imazi's eyes actually look washed out compared to what they were not just lighter.

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 12/03/17, 10:17:28 AM »
0 Show voters
I can see updating the colors, but the problem really is that they changed the colors not just increased the depth. Even adding these new colors as additional options would have been fine. I just wish pre-existing colors had remained closer to the original values. For instance, Imazi's eyes actually look washed out compared to what they were not just lighter.

Exactly.  No reason to REMOVE options, period.  More options - great!  But not remove/replace when this wasn't what people chose and build their characters around.

A bigger puzzler to me is - Karmic's red eyes changed not at all. I see no difference.  They don't shine differently and they are the same shade of solid red.  And Dark V Corruption showing also doesn't change them either - they are the same solid red and certainly don't shine different.

So uhh yea.. apparently "regular red" is still "regular red" even if you have Dark V all the way up and on.

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 12/03/17, 11:23:44 AM »
0 Show voters
What are your graphics settings at? If they're on high it might be a pureblood bug, because there's definitely new eyes for most other races.

Speaking of eyes, I haven't looked at a chiss since the update. Have they changed at all?

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 12/03/17, 02:28:48 PM »
0 Show voters
What are your graphics settings at? If they're on high it might be a pureblood bug, because there's definitely new eyes for most other races.

Speaking of eyes, I haven't looked at a chiss since the update. Have they changed at all?

Yea I'm on Ultra/max across the board.

I wondered if it was a bug - simply because I thought they would change when I displayed Dark V corruption and they didn't.  The eyelids just turned white like they always do but the eye color stayed the same.

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 12/04/17, 05:55:59 PM »
0 Show voters
Has anyone else noticed that, along with the iris colour changes, people's eyes also look really bloodshot for some reason? My sniper and vanguard both have really red or orangeish looking scleras from far away, they get kind of brownish close up.

And the red mirialan eye option looks the same as the Dark V corruption colour, which I only just noticed. I think they may have removed a colour option too, so that's another race we can add to the list of broken ones. :/

Also, this terminal is a thing now in all strongholds!

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 12/05/17, 05:08:03 AM »
0 Show voters
Yep, they introduced the terminals when they put the speeders  in the larger strongholds I think. They've been there a while. I like that idea.

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 12/05/17, 06:36:16 AM »
0 Show voters
What's this about speeders?