BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2017
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 19: Jedi Night - 7:30 Server Time
Oct 26: Jedi Night - 7:30 Server Time

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Pub-side spy roleplay?  (Read 224 times)

Online SquigglyV

• No, Lord! All is still downright bad, I find.
    • View Profile
Pub-side spy roleplay?
« on: 09/21/17, 09:51:14 AM »
0 Show voters
Has there ever been any sort of SIS-themed RP on this server? I know that there used to be a ton of edgy imperial intelligence agents but i've never seen anything with their Republic counterparts.

If not, would people be interested in trying to organize some?

Also, what about law enforcement stuff like the Coruscant Security Force? That could easily tie in to counter-espionage and such, plus it sounds fun.
"So whether your clothes say, 'I am a waiter at an S&M club masquerade ball,' or, 'I am a disco king who is also attending a mexican wedding,' there is something for everyone." - Ross Scott

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
Re: Pub-side spy roleplay?
« Reply #1 on: 09/21/17, 02:19:24 PM »
0 Show voters
I don't know of any community that runs this theme of RP currently, but I would certainly be interested if it sprang up!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azeara

Offline Ryshias

• "...For the apocalypse must be televised..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/21/17, 02:48:43 PM »
0 Show voters
I would be interested in such RP if it were to be brought up.
"I decided to let shadows into my mind, and they revealed the ultimate truth. The galaxy is sick. I shall be it's cure."

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/21/17, 04:20:34 PM »
0 Show voters
Chiming in with the same as above - Don't know any, but would be absolutely interested in it! I have a few politicians I could volunteer, not a lot of spooks Pubside though who are not Jedi spooks.
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd
Seirion: Zabrak Armyman // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/21/17, 04:43:15 PM »
0 Show voters
What would be the best way to go about setting something up? Also, Jedi spooks and police forces are probably fine, we're supposed to be on the same side anyway. :P
"So whether your clothes say, 'I am a waiter at an S&M club masquerade ball,' or, 'I am a disco king who is also attending a mexican wedding,' there is something for everyone." - Ross Scott

Offline Iaera

• Arbiter
  • Jeeeeeeediiiiiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09/25/17, 05:00:00 PM »
0 Show voters
SPIEZ

I wish I had time to contribute to this! Instead all I can offer is advice: Events! I recommend an inaugural event; plan something with some meat, such as bad guys to fight or a strongly-themed spy-related social/espionage scenario (gala with critical information being delivered, a VIP target being assassinated, etc etc), and require folks to attend with spy-type characters! Of course, you can get fancier than that if you want to, but those are just some quick suggestions for jump-starting a new sub-community of RP! Events with red meat to really chew on!
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fiat justitia ruat clum

Iaera Farworlder - Jedi Master, lightsaber instructor, Jedi Custodum
Sibyl-ko Tanaji - ex-punk, fighter pilot, Argent Squadron
also many alts i never play ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09/25/17, 05:01:56 PM »
0 Show voters
If I could plan events I wouldn't be asking here lol. I am so inept that trying to think of a plot causes black holes to form.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09/25/17, 07:36:07 PM »
0 Show voters
I recommend an inaugural event; plan something with some meat, such as bad guys to fight or a strongly-themed spy-related social/espionage scenario (gala with critical information being delivered, a VIP target being assassinated, etc etc), and require folks to attend with spy-type characters!

I'll do you one better.

• Host a political summit. Choose somewhere in-game with a spectacular view and a (dual-faction) neutral world. (Or use a Stronghold when all else fails.)
  • Invite the Republic, the Sith Empire, the Alliance, Hutt Cartel, and any other neutral body claiming dominion over a piece of the Galactic pie. (Gray Jedi, I'm looking at you.)
  • Players wanting to play their politically-minded characters can do so! Ambassadors, Nobles, Senators, Trade Envoys, etc.
  • Players wanting to play their spies can also do so! (Spies can be attaches, assistants, serving staff, security, etc.)

Everyone has their second or third-tier character they've been saving for events such as these, and those playing their spies can finally interact with the actual political face of the Galaxy.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09/25/17, 08:15:32 PM »
0 Show voters
I recommend an inaugural event; plan something with some meat, such as bad guys to fight or a strongly-themed spy-related social/espionage scenario (gala with critical information being delivered, a VIP target being assassinated, etc etc), and require folks to attend with spy-type characters!

I'll do you one better.

• Host a political summit. Choose somewhere in-game with a spectacular view and a (dual-faction) neutral world. (Or use a Stronghold when all else fails.)
  • Invite the Republic, the Sith Empire, the Alliance, Hutt Cartel, and any other neutral body claiming dominion over a piece of the Galactic pie. (Gray Jedi, I'm looking at you.)
  • Players wanting to play their politically-minded characters can do so! Ambassadors, Nobles, Senators, Trade Envoys, etc.
  • Players wanting to play their spies can also do so! (Spies can be attaches, assistants, serving staff, security, etc.)

Everyone has their second or third-tier character they've been saving for events such as these, and those playing their spies can finally interact with the actual political face of the Galaxy.

This would be very cool! On a big scale, though, so there would have to be a lot of people involved and interested.
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd
Seirion: Zabrak Armyman // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09/25/17, 08:56:00 PM »
0 Show voters
It's ironic that this topic was brought up. I was thinking just the other day how fun it would be to play a spy type character.... And I sort of created a new alt with that thought in mind (hi, I'm Mei and I'm an altaholic).
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection