BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

November 2017
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Nov 20: Indie Night - Return to Rishi (6:30 PM)
Nov 23: Jedi kNight (7:30 PST)
Nov 24: Dancer's Palace

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Squiggly's non-insignia artsy things  (Read 973 times)

Online SquigglyV

• No, Lord! All is still downright bad, I find.
    • View Profile
Re: Squiggly's non-insignia artsy things
« Reply #30 on: 10/16/17, 01:29:39 PM »
0 Show voters
Sexiness is totally required for assassins! I will probably do more stuff like this eventually, because I love skimpiness and masks. :P
I am the very model of a Commissar Imperial / From my first days in Schola I was officer material
I venerate the Emperor, to do less is antithetical / My days are hard spent drilling Guard and purging thoughts heretical

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10/16/17, 06:59:50 PM »
0 Show voters
I found a magic lamp the other day and wished for a drink. I got a djinn and tonic.

Water Djinni
Djinn (الجن‎‎) are a rare race of sentient humanoid elementals, extremely skilled in elemental magic of a specific type and able to float floatily above the ground. Djinn tend to be somewhat arrogant and very fond of darker humour, but generally maintain neutral or positive relations with humans as long as they aren't being overly aggressive. Some djinn serve as magical teachers or merchants within human civilizations, a djinni who works alongside humans regularly is often referred to as a qarin (قرين).

I am the very model of a Commissar Imperial / From my first days in Schola I was officer material
I venerate the Emperor, to do less is antithetical / My days are hard spent drilling Guard and purging thoughts heretical

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10/17/17, 12:16:30 PM »
0 Show voters
Say what you will about elementals, but some of them are pretty hot.

Fire Djinni

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10/17/17, 05:59:29 PM »
0 Show voters
Since you are doin' Djinn's right now.  Have you ever seen Funcom/Secret World's Fire Djinn?

I'd link the image page but its really long address; so just type in "Secret World Fire Djinn" into google images and you'll get them :).

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10/17/17, 06:41:51 PM »
0 Show voters
I hadn't seen that one before! It's kind of nightmare fuel-ish I think, but I guess so is a lot of other stuff in that game lol.

I also just finished an air djinni, I don't like how she looks all that much but I don't feel like trying again so on to earth I go!

Air Djinni

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10/18/17, 07:34:01 AM »
0 Show voters

Oh yes - they are definitely going with the "No..Djinn aren't nice. In fact they hate us peon humans" version of the mythology.  However, there are "friendly" Djinn in game as well as enemy mobs who have been infected/filthed.  Just like there are a few friendly werewolves in the game - who get your characters help in cleansing the filth-infected bad werewolves.  As well as Friendly Vampires.

Cuz no matter what mythos you come from in TSW - everything in this reality is being jeopardized by the Cthulu-esque "black oil" (Xfiles reference ha) filth from an alternate dimension.  So even werewolves and vampires and Djinn want to save the same existence (mostly...)

And yea I imagine air being a more difficult concept to animate - since its something invisible (unlike earth, fire, water obviously).  I did like the Air Elemental version from Chronicles of Riddick (Dame Judy Dench's character).  But she wasn't inherently "magical" or ephemeral looking, per say - but then she was in shackles/imprisoned :).

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10/18/17, 08:20:14 AM »
0 Show voters
At least they aren't ifrits. Guild Wars djinn also go with that style too, though there are plenty of friendly ones who are just ridiculously condescending rather than outright hostile.

I always liked the idea that air elementals are made of lightning or electricity, it kind of fits since lightning comes from clouds and clouds are in the air. That's a good way to do air magic in general I think since there isn't much small-scale stuff you can do with just gusts of wind.

Or they could be like a storm atronach and have a bunch of rocks picked up by a semi-sentient tornado.

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10/18/17, 02:07:27 PM »
0 Show voters
At least they aren't ifrits. Guild Wars djinn also go with that style too, though there are plenty of friendly ones who are just ridiculously condescending rather than outright hostile.

I always liked the idea that air elementals are made of lightning or electricity, it kind of fits since lightning comes from clouds and clouds are in the air. That's a good way to do air magic in general I think since there isn't much small-scale stuff you can do with just gusts of wind.

Or they could be like a storm atronach and have a bunch of rocks picked up by a semi-sentient tornado.

Ohhh yea TSW Djinn are extremely condescending lol.  Its more of a "We hate you meat bags really but at least in this one instance you're useful.." XD

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10/18/17, 05:30:05 PM »
0 Show voters
GW djinn don't even try to pretend otherwise, I would also totally roleplay as one if there were djinn tonics and if GW2 RP wasn't more or less dead anyway.

Anyway, here's the last djinni! I wanted to do a demon and a dryad after this but now I think i'm just burned out on magical entities. :(

Earth Djinni

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 10/19/17, 07:10:12 AM »
0 Show voters

Dominion Justiciar

Justiciars are the Dominion's elite religious police, highly educated in all aspects of the Dominion's various cultures and Ecclesia denominations to better deal with religious issues. Their duties include enforcing religious laws, monitoring extremist sects such as the Black Hand, executing blasphemers and heretics, hunting down apostates, dealing with extreme magical threats, and fighting major criminal organizations or terrorist groups.

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10/22/17, 08:47:53 AM »
0 Show voters
This is high art. I didn't get to finish it because there were tanks outside though.

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10/29/17, 03:31:51 PM »
0 Show voters
[sassy_remark.exe has stopped responding]

Coalition Security Force Officer

Civil Guard Legionary

The Dominion Civil Guard (الدرك) is the primary law enforcement agency in the Immortal Dominion of Sol, mostly operating in and around urban areas or other important civilian facilities. Civil Guard officers are tasked with enforcing civilian laws, punishing minor religious crimes, conducting security operations, and protecting their cities from bandits or organized crime groups.

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10/31/17, 06:12:20 PM »
0 Show voters

Librarian

Librarium Nun

Maiden Vigilant

The Librarium (مكتبة الآلهة) is the most influential organization in the Immortal Dominion of Sol, led by immortal demigods enhanced and guided by the Dominion's goddesses themselves. Despite their immense power, most Librarians prefer to stay in their isolated monasteries or gardens due to a shared belief that mortals should be able to deal with their own problems.

Librarians themselves are highly diverse, some cover themselves in heavy and ornate armour while others wear only simple robes. All Librarians cover their eyes with helmets, masks, or blindfolds as a representation of their blind faith in Alessia and Valora. Large angelic wings sprout from their backs, and much of their attire is decorated with the twin spires of the Ecclesia's Icon of Ascendance.

In the temples and monasteries where Librarians meditate are various nuns, warriors, and clerics who devote their entire lives to serving the Dominion's divine masters. Many of them are powerful mages, referred to as Augurs within the Librarium. The most powerful members of a Librarian's place of worship are the Primicerius and Theurge, acting as an equerry to a Librarian and the superior of their monastery respectively.

Providing defense for Librarians and their shrines are Maiden Vigilants (فارس نقي) of the Aegis of Valora. These warriors, however ceremonial their purpose may be, are unparalleled in skill among mortals within the Dominion. They wear bright red and gold armour to make them stand out among lesser warriors, and are often seen defending Augurs when sent by their Librarian to deal with a relatively minor issue.

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11/01/17, 08:57:40 AM »
0 Show voters

Justiciar Knight Banneret

Justiciar Knights are holy warriors assisting Justiciars in their duties, mainly in the way of combat support or tactical advice. While not as skilled in combat as their Aegis of Valora counterparts, Justiciar Knights are often drawn from nobility and as such have much more knowledge surrounding politics or culture.

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11/02/17, 08:27:02 PM »
0 Show voters
I made a planet in Paint.net using a tutorial I found, it didn't turn out that well but I think it's neat that you can do that. link to tutorial

Knight of the Aegis of Valora

Aloraan

Aloraan is a Sith-aligned jungle world in the Mortex sector. It is known for being one of the Sith Empire's primary suppliers of phrikite, an ore used to make the incredibly durable phrik alloy, as well as being a producer of some Sith robes and armour.