BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

August 2017
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Aug 16: Fool's Endeavor
Aug 17: Jedi Night - 7:30 Server Time
Aug 19: Empire Day
Aug 24: Jedi Night - 7:30 Server Time

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Datamining  (Read 452 times)

Offline Nicohlas

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
Datamining
« on: 05/19/17, 02:59:22 PM »
+2 Show voters
CAUTION: SPOILERS!

I decided to go ahead and create this thread to share datamined game information with the BC RP community. For those that may have concerns about posting and discussing datamined information, see Eric Muscoís post on the SWTOR.com forums here which forbids posting such information to those forums, and see also this post on the general opinion of BW Devs towards datamining.

Please keep in mind that to reduce my workload on this I will not be creating two threads to segregate datamined information concerning game mechanics and other quality of life aspects of gameplay from major game lore spoilers. Iíll just be posting all info to this one thread, so if you want to avert story spoilers, STAY AWAY.

The principal sources for SWTOR datamined information are:

* TORCommunity
* Jedipedia.net
* Reddit - SWTOR

Please keep in mind that datamined information does not set in stone that a prospective update will actually occur. All this information is subject to change and modification and likely will several times before release.
« Last Edit: 05/19/17, 03:54:44 PM by Nicohlas »

Offline Nicohlas

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
Re: Datamining
« Reply #1 on: 05/19/17, 03:53:31 PM »
0 Show voters
Game Update 5.3

Anticipated Release Date: Unknown
(Game Update 5.2.2 expected to be released in June.)

* (It looks like BW may have intended to bring the NPC Tanye Trila (promoted to captain) back to us on Iokath, but I've not seen her. That may have been scrapped.)

* New Flashpoint: Crisis on Umbara

We've known since April's cantina that a new flashpoint was coming up that would take place on Umbara. Fans of The Clone Wars will recall this planet from at least one of the episodes.

* A walkthrough of the FP objectives can be read here. It seems we will uncover the identity of whoever betrayed the Alliance Commander on Iokath here, on a train. It looks like Theron Shan will likely be the accompanying companion and the FP will involve the accumulation of kyber crystals.

* Similar to the Shadow of Revan FPs, this one also seems like it will have a solo option.

* Here is a list of the NPCs that will be present, including enemies. Interestingly, Umbaran Shadow Assassins are mentioned. You can read here about Sith assassins trained on Umbara around 1002 BBY. That's approximately 2,000 years after the events of SWTOR so... who knows if all that will be tied in.

* Some major NPCs that seem like they will make an appearance with regard to this FP include: Darth Malgus (on Iokath and Umbara), General Garza, and Satele Shan.

* Other NPCs.

Here is the list of prospective NPCs making an appearance in 5.3. This list suggests the changes to the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event suggested by the devs will be coming with this update. Also making an appearance are Conquest Commanders on Iokath... perhaps Iokath will become a new conquest planet?

Online Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/19/17, 05:15:21 PM »
0 Show voters
This is all pretty exciting stuff! I like that they're pulling from TCW, that is a nice bit of continuity. Don't forget about the Manaan SH video going around the fandom, either.

I hope that Satele showing up and a hunt for kyber crystals means we will get some information about the current state of the Jedi, but since she sort of went way off track there... probably not. :/
: Pub-Side :

Bren-Akket: Jedi Archaeologist
Aybekk-Noth: Jedi Padawan
Seirion: Militiaman and Jedi Attache
Iirim Tal: Jedi By Day, Infobroker By Night
Zorru: Jedi Recruiter
Edar Varooth: Iridonian Politician

: Imp-Side :

Urziya: Mando 'Diplomat'
Zhekrazh: Sith Assassin
Athuuna: Imperial Agent
Majia Krallice: Pirate Princess

Offline Kremon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/19/17, 06:44:36 PM »
0 Show voters

General Garza!
Woo! Woo! Woo!

They'd better not kill her, or I'll have to go on a rampage...  :rage:

But seriously, I'm looking forwards to this one, mostly because I can't do operations as 'Preferred' status but I can do as many flashpoints as I like and this sounds like it's going to be really interesting. Especially the environment; we're going to be able to experience those constant dark nights and those glowing plants... Then the local populace! Seeing them emerge in their glowing suits; man, that's sounds awesome.

Now of course, that's the dream but... We're talking about 4,000 years difference here so... We may see some changes to the people or maybe the local fauna but I still think it's going to be a really thematic experience.

(Now, if only they can stop treating us like some sort of all-powerful Alliance god, it'd be the best expansion ever.)
Exephos; a haunted war-ravaged veteran.
Shad'ra; an indecisive ex-mandalorian.
Gharzog; a happy-go-lucky gun for hire.

Offline Nicohlas

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08/10/17, 04:27:21 PM »
0 Show voters
WARNING: MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!

Game Update 5.4

Release Date: August 22
(Game Update 5.2.2 expected to be released in June.)

See Jedipedia's page here for a comprehensive list of all new in-game items prospectively coming, and their Reddit post here for easier reading.

* New Flashpoint: Crisis on Umbara

This will be of great interest to RPers, since the new FP is the vehicle that is advancing the game story along in this update. Jedipedia's posts (linked above) can give you all the background of what is happening on Umbara and why, and also (most importantly) reveals who the Alliance traitor is.

* New Stronghold: Umbaran Train

Obtaining this new SH will require players to play through the above FP at least a few times.  See this video for a tour of the SH.

* Returning Companions

I don't think it's definitively stated that any companions will be returning in 5.4 but you can see on Jedipedia's page that there are several we are getting closer to getting back.  It looks like Vector Hyllus rejoined the killiks (JUST AS I PREDICTED ALMOST A YEAR AGO! :P) and is the next companion that will be returned to us.

Be sure to check the links for all the new info.

Online SquigglyV

• A mind without purpose will wander dark places.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08/10/17, 05:07:08 PM »
0 Show voters
That train looks awesome, but the hooks seem kind of bleh. The fact that it's relatively cheap is great though, can it be bought with cartel coins too or just credits?

Also, yay tonics. I can finally pretend to be a margonite cantina dancer at 100% efficiency. I mean, we don't need dancer costumes because the outfits already exist and nobody wants to be a disgusting alien birb thing. But the future possibilities are endless.

Offline Nicohlas

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08/10/17, 05:36:06 PM »
0 Show voters
I think the SH can be purchased with either CCs or credits.

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08/10/17, 06:49:59 PM »
0 Show voters
Oooooo I can't wait for the post-playing discussion about...something...because I am *so* mad right now...
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08/10/17, 07:11:35 PM »
0 Show voters
I gotta run a FP? More than once?  bah... booo

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08/10/17, 07:22:14 PM »
0 Show voters
If it was like the movies and anger could turn my heartbroken sisters to the Darkside, I would totally join you and murdle everything in the new FP. Over and over again.
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08/10/17, 07:30:55 PM »
0 Show voters
I can see we're going to be busy.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Iaera

• Arbiter
  • Jeeeeeeediiiiiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08/10/17, 07:56:35 PM »
0 Show voters
omg that train is great

Perfect for representing various starship SHs. Will @recoveringgeek have a new Jaded Dream?
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fiat justitia ruat cślum

Iaera Farworlder - Jedi Master, lightsaber instructor, Jedi Custodum
Sibyl-ko Tanaji - ex-punk, fighter pilot, Argent Squadron
also many alts i never play ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08/10/17, 08:50:24 PM »
0 Show voters
Perfect for representing various starship SHs. Will @recoveringgeek have a new Jaded Dream?

I don't know @Iaera...

I've watched the video twice. The actual "cockpit"  is too narrow and had no hooks? Some of the rooms look good, but the hooks are all along the walls. If there were any other windows that could stand-in as transparisteel viewports, then maybe. However I didn't see any other windows.

The open air cargo sleds make for excellent cargo platforms/landing bays next to a landed starship which I really like.  It depends what the outdoor backgrounds look like. The train would make for an excellent Customs checkpoint /spaceport set,  I just don't know if I can build a wicked freighter cockpit from what I've seen.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08/10/17, 09:27:00 PM »
0 Show voters
Yea, disappoint to see so much car space only using like two ceiling hooks and nothing but max-medium slots along the sides... :(

Kinda like the Manaan center room with the cool floor - that you can't use as any type of decoration other than to walk on it.

At least there are some cars with larger hooks, and it did say you could decorate the "roof" so I imagine those are pretty big. (?)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood