BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Linked Events

• Treasure Hunting on Iokath - 7 pm server (PDT): 08/11/17
  • Signed up (3/15):
    # Status Name
    1.ConfirmedMei
    2.UnconfirmedJahziCallfire
    3.UnconfirmedSivWysan

Please login or register to sign up for this event.

Author Topic: Treasure Hunting on Iokath - Republic event  (Read 675 times)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Treasure Hunting on Iokath - Republic event
« on: 08/03/17, 03:02:56 PM »
+1 Show voters
Information release from Republic Military Office of Acquisitions on Iokath

The Office of Acquisitions has an exploration opportunity for all interested parties. A recently acquired source, of questionable reliability, has suggested a location on Iokath where some technology of interest may be stocked. The exploration mission is scheduled for ((Friday, August 11th, at 7 pm server time)) and will be led by a Repbulic officer.

This mission is open to all members of the armed forces who are currently not serving on the front line on Iokath, or with permission of their commanding officer. This mission is also open to any Jedi who serve the Republic, as well as any independent explorers who have or are qualified to acquire a Republic Privateer’s Licence.

Mission participation conditions include security and qualifications check as well as signing a contract that recognises that all technology, hardware, software and designs acquired in this mission are the legal property of the Republic.

Payment will be commensurate with the success of the mission and the value of any acquired technology and may include Republic credits, subsequent Republic contracts and-or copies of technology acquired in the mission.

OOC:

This event will be held in game, in strongholds, so access to Iokath is not necessary, though some familiarity with the story is recommended. It will take part in a Dromund Kaas stronghold, so there will be a small fee for travel there, in game. I can cover this for any who are short on credits.

The rolling system that will be used will be posted in the next post of this thread. Please note that the GM reserves the right to tweak and adjust any part of the rolling system during the event to improve any part of the event.

When you sign up, please send me a PM with your up to three traits. Please note that traits are not mandatory, you can choose to go without.
In the PM you send me on sign up, please also include an indication of whether or not your character is killable. Please note that this is not something I ask often, as I usually avoid any PC deaths. However, the nature of this mission includes certain more serious threats, so I want to establish this well before the event. The event does not require that any of the participants’ characters be killable. I can ensure there are no deaths. However, if some are, I want to know that that risk is a possibility beforehand. Please note that as GM I will NOT allow the death of any PC for whom I did not have an indication BEFORE the event that the character was killable.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Hunting on Iokath - Republic event
« Reply #1 on: 08/03/17, 03:04:50 PM »
0 Show voters
Stell's rolling system

Against minions:
On both attacking and defending
- under 10: crit fail
- 10 to 40: fail
- 41 to 90: success
- over 90: crit success
Against NPC mobs, often, they will be ICly simply firing continuously, in which case, after each player has had their attack turn, all players at once will roll once for defense against the mob and then the next round will begin.

Boss or PC fights, either party attacking.
Attacker types attempt description, both parties roll, highest roll wins but spread affects the outcome, winning party posts first, then losing party.

Roll spread results:
Attacker wins, spread less than 75: single hp damage
Attacker wins, spread 75+: crit - either extra point damage or some other consequence chosen by GM
Defender wins, spread 75+: crit defense - some consequence or bonus determined by the GM

Hitpoint effects

All players start with 10 hitpoints. Minions have 1 or 2 determined by gm. Boss hp levels established by gm.
At 0 hp, players are incapacitated for rest of encounter.

Skills and abilities
Conventional skills:
It's assumed all Jedi and Sith can use the Force to: pull items to them, push or throw lunchbox sized items, push people back, influence minions. It's assumed that any Force user can use their lightsaber for some basic combat.
It's assumed that non Force users can generally use whatever weapon they are carrying (that isn't a lightsaber).
It's assumed that anyone who has or has had their own ship ICly has some basic piloting skills.
It is also possible for players to have any of the following additional skills or abilities, which are less frequent, though still standard within the game setting: Force leap, Force speed, Force shielding, masking oneself in the Force, Force lightening, empathy (detecting moods and feelings, not thoughts, could also be a non Force skill with a good sense of observation), piloting. The number of such abilities any character exhibits should reflect the age/experience/rank of the character. These abilities don't require a trait and give no bonus to rolls.

Equipment based skills
It's assumed that anyone carrying a slicing spike and a datapad knows how to use it and can attempt a slicing roll.
It's assumed that anyone can administer a kolto shot or dress a simple cut or scrape with a kolto bandage and that anyone carrying such equipment can attempt a healing roll.
Only a player having taken slicing or healing as a trait can carry more advanced slicing or healing equipment.
Equipment based rolls (such as healing or slicing) require a roll of 50+ for success and will get a crit of the gm's choosing for 90+.

Trait based skills and abilities

Every player may choose three traits for their character. They may be positive traits, negative traits or balanced traits, but no more than two can be from the same category.
Positive traits can be proficiency at a conventional or equipment skill, or an unconventional skill. Every positive trait adds a +10 bonus to every roll using that trait. No trait can be used in two consecutive turns.
A negative trait reflects a weakness of the character. Every negative trait, when called upon, adds a -10 to the player's roll and generates one fate point.
A balanced trait confers an extra advantage, but at a cost, indicating strain on the character. Invoking a balanced trait gives a +20 bonus on the roll for that trait. The cost is either a one hp loss due to the strain, an incapacitation effect for one turn due to the strain, or a -20 on the next roll (attack or defense, whichever the next roll happens to be), due to the strain.

Every player may invoke the following gm traits:
I can't be this incompetent: On the player's fourth consecutive unsuccessful roll, they may invoke this trait for a +20 bonus on a re-roll.
The fates finally smile upon me: On the player's sixth consecutive unsuccessful roll, they may invoke this trait for an automatic roll of 110.
Time for some humility: On a player's fifth consecutive successful roll, another player may invoke this trait to force a re-roll with a -40 penalty. The targeted player receives a fate point in exchange.
Invoking any of these traits resets the unsuccessful or successful roll count.

Fate points
Fate points are given for use of negative traits, or at the gm's discretion.
Fate points may be cashed in at any time to add a +10 bonus to a roll. They may be stacked and used together. Each player can accumulate a maximum of three fate points.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08/07/17, 08:19:27 AM »
0 Show voters
So... I'm looking at pulling this event, given the lack of any indicated interest.

What's up?

Is the date/time an issue for people who are interested? Is it summer time that's the issue and lack of people around? Or is there just no one interested? Just no one around pub side? Or just no one pub side interested in Iokath connected rp?

If there's no interest, I'll likely re-post it as an imp side event, as I've gotten interest there.

If you're interested, please speak up.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08/07/17, 09:36:54 AM »
0 Show voters
I'm still interested later events work better on Fridays now with my work schedule but I can do some Saturdays or Sundays as well.

Also still love to include the Wraiths though I am not sure our public members would be able to get a privateer license given our current political situation and rivalries with the Alliance. If it does happen though I'm sure our members could figure out a reason to infiltrate or maybe even add little intrigue.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08/07/17, 04:42:32 PM »
0 Show voters
I can push the start time later if that works better for people!

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08/07/17, 05:48:14 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm interested in this event, but day/time don't really work for me. Fridays either keep me busy st the set time, or I'm so worn out from work that I just fall asleep lol. Saturdays are more likely for me, starting around 8-9pm server time though.

I'd like to bring Alara Slate, but she is no longer military, but I guess it would be possible to have her as a privateer (she tends to play by the law). Would any of this event physically be in Iokath? I have yet to reach her to level 70, and not sure if I'll have the time to get her there by event.
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08/07/17, 05:59:24 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm interested in this event, but day/time don't really work for me. Fridays either keep me busy st the set time, or I'm so worn out from work that I just fall asleep lol. Saturdays are more likely for me, starting around 8-9pm server time though.

I'd like to bring Alara Slate, but she is no longer military, but I guess it would be possible to have her as a privateer (she tends to play by the law). Would any of this event physically be in Iokath? I have yet to reach her to level 70, and not sure if I'll have the time to get her there by event.

I can push the time later if that works better for everyone, which is seems to. Usually I put my events on Saturdays, but this one is on a Friday to let a fellow guild member actually make an event for once.

None of it will physically be on Iokath.

I'm quite happy to handwave the obtaining of Republic Privateer's Licenses, just be prepared to show one! :grin:

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08/07/17, 07:03:29 PM »
0 Show voters
I can push the time later if that works better for everyone, which is seems to. Usually I put my events on Saturdays, but this one is on a Friday to let a fellow guild member actually make an event for once.

None of it will physically be on Iokath.

I'm quite happy to handwave the obtaining of Republic Privateer's Licenses, just be prepared to show one! :grin:

Ah, don't let me determine the date then... especially if a guildie needs to make it for ONCE! I totally understand that XD

Online Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08/07/17, 07:26:52 PM »
0 Show voters
I've been sick lately on and off, so I haven't had much energy for group RPs these past two weeks. But I'd hate to see you pull the event! Maybe, plan for a tiny group, and adapt to a larger one, if you have a small but certain group of attendees?
: Pub-Side :

Bren-Akket: Jedi Archaeologist
Aybekk-Noth: Jedi Padawan
Seirion: Militiaman and Jedi Attache
Iirim Tal: Jedi By Day, Infobroker By Night
Zorru: Jedi Recruiter
Edar Varooth: Iridonian Politician

: Imp-Side :

Urziya: Mando 'Diplomat'
Zhekrazh: Sith Assassin
Athuuna: Imperial Agent
Majia Krallice: Pirate Princess

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08/07/17, 07:44:55 PM »
0 Show voters
Well, I have... challenges... set up that are best dealt with with at least a group of four or five. If the group is too small I may switch to something different.

That being said, how would a 9pm server time start time work for people, instead of 7pm server time?

Online Nicohlas

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08/08/17, 09:34:54 AM »
0 Show voters
I strongly encourage every Pub-side RPer that can attend to do so. Sera hosted a similar event Imp-side a few months ago and it was the most fun ever. She used her own SH and made it look REALLY AWESOME as an Iokath location. There were all sorts of puzzles and challenges and battles. It was epic. Very upset I won't make this one, but if you can, GO.

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08/08/17, 09:47:20 AM »
0 Show voters
9pm server works for me. I'll load up on the caffeine!
This was a blast on the Imp side, so I look forward to how it plays out Pub side XD

Online Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08/08/17, 04:37:55 PM »
0 Show voters
I very likely won't be able to make 9 PM, since that's midnight my time. :( Hope you all have fun though!
: Pub-Side :

Bren-Akket: Jedi Archaeologist
Aybekk-Noth: Jedi Padawan
Seirion: Militiaman and Jedi Attache
Iirim Tal: Jedi By Day, Infobroker By Night
Zorru: Jedi Recruiter
Edar Varooth: Iridonian Politician

: Imp-Side :

Urziya: Mando 'Diplomat'
Zhekrazh: Sith Assassin
Athuuna: Imperial Agent
Majia Krallice: Pirate Princess

Online Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08/08/17, 05:19:01 PM »
0 Show voters
Friday nights are always PVE guild nights for me, and as a guild officer and a healer for our master mode runs it's a commitment I try to stick to consistently (hence my almost never being able to make it to Dancer's Palace), so I won't be able to make this time. But I wish everyone much fun and puzzle-awesome shenanigans!
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Padawan of the Tira'Noth Enclave
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08/08/17, 07:18:41 PM »
0 Show voters
I wish I had a pub side person to go!!

That's.. all I can add.

I look forward to more Sith/Independent adventures I can play in :).

But if I had a pubside character- I'd go!  :aww:

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood