BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

December 2017
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Dec 11: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Dec 12: Depths of Despair - A Motley Crew One-Shot
Dec 14: Jedi Night (7:30 PM)
Dec 15: Dancer's Palace 9pm PST
Dec 16: Empire Day (8pm server time)
Dec 17: The Lost-Endgame (4pm Server, open w/signup)
Dec 18: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Linked Events

• Treasure Hunting on Iokath - 7 pm server (PDT): 08/11/17
  • Signed up (3/15):
    # Status Name
    1.ConfirmedMei
    2.UnconfirmedJahziCallfire
    3.UnconfirmedSivWysan

Please login or register to sign up for this event.

Author Topic: Treasure Hunting on Iokath - Republic event  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Erednash

• View Profile
Re: Treasure Hunting on Iokath - Republic event
« Reply #30 on: 08/10/17, 02:36:54 PM »
0 Show voters
I wish I had a pub side person to go!!

That's.. all I can add.

I look forward to more Sith/Independent adventures I can play in :).

But if I had a pubside character- I'd go!  :aww:
Make ooone. :D

Or you and Caben could both go undercover as pirates, muhaha. 

Haven't decided who to bring for sure but that would be fun.

*chuckles* The "Pirate" disguise might work up until the point she pulled out the lightsaber and started using Darksided Force powers to bind and rip people in half...  :nuu:  xD

That point the Jedi in the group might not buy the pirate tale anymore...  :grin: :evil:

You're a former Sith that went rogue at some point, most likely around the time of the Zakuulian invasion.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08/11/17, 02:04:25 PM »
0 Show voters
This is tonight! :omg:

Doesn't quite match the sign ups but this is my current list of attendees:
- @Mei on Alara
- @blingdenston on Ran-del
- @SivWysan on Daimren
- @Noth on Bren
- @JahziCallfire on Stori or Halie

It's not too late if others still want to come join the fun!

I have traits or descriptions for everyone! Thanks!

If you didn't do so in what you already sent me, please let me know if your character is killable or not. I do NOT need a killable character for this rp, I just want to know ahead of time.

It would also be useful if you could let me know what gear your character would be bringing (some already did so), so I know what we have to work with. Bottomless purses out of which one can pull an entire planetary satellite defense system are not allowed. :grin:

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08/11/17, 02:49:38 PM »
0 Show voters
Oh, and reminder we start at 8pm server time, not 7!

Offline Oathbreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08/11/17, 06:17:36 PM »
+1 Show voters
I'll be joining.  @mei was going to put a deathmark on me for several generations if I didn't.  Press-gang ahoy!

My Character is Syl'yna (pubside copy of Syl'ynna).  She's a former Huttan bareknuckle boxing champ, and a part of Alara Slate's crew currently.  I'll send some traits in a  moment. =)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08/11/17, 06:18:28 PM »
0 Show voters
I'll be joining.  @mei was going to put a deathmark on me for several generations if I didn't.  Press-gang ahoy!

My Character is Syl'yna (pubside copy of Syl'ynna).  She's a former Huttan bareknuckle boxing champ, and a part of Alara Slate's crew currently.  I'll send some traits in a  moment. =)

YAY!!!!  :whee:

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08/11/17, 07:10:22 PM »
0 Show voters
This is tonight! :omg:

If you didn't do so in what you already sent me, please let me know if your character is killable or not. I do NOT need a killable character for this rp, I just want to know ahead of time.

It would also be useful if you could let me know what gear your character would be bringing (some already did so), so I know what we have to work with. Bottomless purses out of which one can pull an entire planetary satellite defense system are not allowed. :grin:

Hey... Daimren is good at hacking defense satellites, and earned the ability spending 3 months of hard living in his own urine in a stealth fighter over Zythia.  But not in his purse.  Only Caben carries a purse, on days he feels oh so pretty. 

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08/11/17, 07:37:06 PM »
0 Show voters
In case you missed it - Bling/Pehn posted he wouldn't be making it about a page or so ago.

Just a reminder :).

Have fun all!  I'll be in DP... all by my lonesome...  :halo:

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08/11/17, 07:46:52 PM »
0 Show voters
In case you missed it - Bling/Pehn posted he wouldn't be making it about a page or so ago.

Just a reminder :).

Have fun all!  I'll be in DP... all by my lonesome...  :halo:

Oh! I had missed it! Thanks!

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08/12/17, 02:58:41 AM »
0 Show voters
Thanks to @Mei, @SivWysan, @JahziCallfire, @Noth and @Oathbreaker who came!

Siv, sorry we lost you before the most interesting part! But you'll be happy to know that Daimren gave them warning so they were all gone before company showed up AND he succeeded in remotely copying Wematin's datapad, so you will be getting a copy of all he had!

To the others, thank you so much for sticking it out right to the end!

For those who didn't make it,  I will be posting the puzzle challenge they faced tomorrow, for those who might like to see!

The Empire now has one part of the key, and the Republic has one part of the key. Three more parts to be found, so watch for more events!

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08/12/17, 08:31:42 AM »
0 Show voters
I had a blast! Glad to have been at both of these events too!! #YouHaveNoIdeaHowRareThatIs :music:

Thanks for another awesome event!!
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08/12/17, 11:18:51 AM »
0 Show voters
Ooh you had a puzzle??

Our side got theirs much easier...  :grin: :evil: :darkside:

Meanwhile, Karmic races everyone else to get to the other three - FIRST DIBS! :nuu: :evil: :rage: :darkside:

/winning

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08/13/17, 12:18:51 AM »
0 Show voters
Here was the puzzle from last night's event, for those who would like to see it!

The group (after valiantly taking down many droids and lasers) made it into a back, heavily shielded room. Within, were three chambers and three consoles.

The right most chamber had a body/person within, in some sort of stasis, but seeming to be long dead. The right most console had on the screen (once they got it translated): sadness, sorrow, grief, loss, pain, desolation, despair, mourning, dejection, gloom. At the bottom, in red, is flashing “10/10 tries. Restart?”

The middle chamber also has a body/person within, seemingly in stasis, but it isn't clear if the person is still alive or not. The center console had on the screen: fright, fear, terror, anxiety, panic and 5/10 tries at the bottom.

The left most chamber was open and empty. The left most console read “Step into the chamber to start. What do you feel?”

When a character stepped into the chamber, it closed around her and music and images started playing. When the group reset the right most console, the contents of the chamber were vapourized before it opened. When the emotion was correctly named at each of the three consoles, it unlocked the back room, which seemed to have been sealed for a very, very long time, where the prize they sought out was, another part of the key to Iokath's networks.

Here is the text describing the images, plus the link for the music, for each chamber. The answer for each chamber is in white, so you can see it by highlighting it. Thanks to @Sebrik for helping me with the music!

Right chamber:
Spoiler: show

Music starts to play and the chamber around you seems to fade away, giving way to a vista of incredibly tall buildings. The architecture seems to be similar to Iokath buildings, but with many elaborate balconies and terrasses like Zakuul.

When you look up, you see the metal sky of Iokath.

As the scene moves before you, you can see a much closer view of the balconies on the buildings in various places and terrasses between buildings. Some of the terrasses are covered with structures, some with plants, some look like they’re even covered with a ground cover like grass.

You move closer to a set of stepped terrasses. The largest is bustling with Iokathii at an outdoor café. Droids serve them as they eat, drink, visit. Above the music, you hear laughter and myriad voices.

The view shifts, to the side, another terrasse, grass-covered, that seems to be a park. Plants surround the edges of the terrasse and groupings of trees are spread over it.

Families walk and play. Young children run and laugh, chasing kites. Droids collect litter, deliver drinks, stop to pick up a child that has fallen and bring him back to his parents.

The view focuses on one family, the father helping the young daughter with a kite while the mom holds the hands of an infant boy with a new and wobbly walk.

You see the kite take flight, the father and daughter play with the string to keep it in the air. You see the mother’s radiant face watching her son starting to walk.

Over the music, you hear the breeze in the leaves, the excited squeals of the daughter, the laughter of the father, the cooing of the infant, the encouragement of the mother.

The scene fades to black as the music stops. All is silent for a few moments, and then the music and images would start over again.

Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOnkLti5FY&index=9&list=PLB-XZMbgwgFUZabZiYcubJ5K2n12_XT64

Answer: Joy

Middle chamber:

Music starts to play and the chamber around you seems to fade away, giving way to a vista of incredibly tall buildings. The architecture seems to be similar to Iokath buildings, but with many elaborate balconies and terrasses like Zakuul.

Many of the buildings are damaged, broken, burning, crumbling.

When you look up, you see the metal sky of Iokath, filled with eternal fleet ships. Fire and bombs rain down from the sky. Over the sound of the music, you hear the fire and the bombs.

You see a male Iokathi, the same from the images in chamber A. He’s running, with others who’s outfits suggest scientists or engineers, perhaps military. You hear their footsteps and their heavy breathing as they run.

Your view switches to his view, seeing a building in flames topple and crumble off parts of two neighbouring buildings. His gaze turns to a more heavily, densely built up area that seems to have much less flames, but a strange pulsating light seems to be building from it.

He’s running again, with his companions, your view still his. They duck falling and burning debris, some of it the size of a shuttle. One of his companions is crushed under a piece. He and the others keep running.

From his perspective, you’re sliding into a chamber of some sort, deep, thick, dark. He lights a holo and you see a female, with a young girl and a male toddler. The three are clearly deep down below the buildings that continue to rain debris upon them. You hear the children crying.

The family is huddled in a shelter of some sort. Two Iokath droids can be seen approaching from behind them, unseen by them, burning all in their path. You hear him cry out in an unintelligible language.

You see a large piece of debris falling towards the approaching droids, large as a shuttle, but maybe falling towards the family too. The holo goes dark.

You’re looking up at the metal sky from within a long tube. The opening closes as the sky grows brighter. You hear a lone cry and panicky breathing in the dark.

The music and sounds fade. All is silent for a few moments, and then the music and images would start over again.

Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zS3R7mNiw

Answer: Dread

Left chamber

Music starts to play and the chamber around you seems to fade away, giving way to a vista of incredibly tall buildings, most clearly in the process of reconstruction.

While there is much smoke, there are no flames. Above is the metal Iokath sky. The buildings being rebuilt have no more balconies or terrasses. All that can be seen in the distance are droids.

The first person view shows a lone male Iokathi next to you, who would be the same as one of the companions in the images of chamber B. He looks at the vista, hands on his head, shaking his head, shoulders slumped.

The view switches to through binoculars of some sort, showing droids taking apart a terrasse with all plants burnt to a crisp.

The view switches away from the binoculars. The sounds seem different, over the music. There’s no more fire or bombs, but no more voices either. Nothing but a persistent, surrounding, mechanical hum.

The two are running, ducking, hiding in corners, as droids pass near. Then they’re moving. As you follow with them, you see more droids from which they hide. You hear the incessant hum. You see the occasional burnt plant and otherwise nothing but metal.

They reach a building that’s open and go in. Within, many walls are damaged, partial or missing. They move up a floor and, even with the damage, it seems to have the structure of an apartment building.

They step into an apartment, through the broken wall. They’re in a kitchen. Food is still laid out on the table, half eaten, cutlery laying at odd angles on the plates, as if dropped.

As you look at your companion, his dress is that of a scientist, or the military perhaps, but worn through and tattered.

They move to a cupboard with family pictures on it, an older couple, children and grandchildren.

There are piles of ash like dust on the two chairs.

They step out of the apartment, go down a bit and step into another, again into a kitchen. Food is on the table, cutlery strewn. A baby seat is at one end of the table, puréed food on the tray. The spoon lies on the floor.

Ash like dust is again on every seat and on the floor around the table. The companion crumples to the floor, clearly shaking with audible sobs.

Droids can suddenly be heard, mechanical whirring and clattering, approaching.

You try to get the other to stand, but finally leave, running, ducking at the end of the hall, into a stairway. From the distance, you hear a long scream, then nothing.

The images and music fade. All is silent for a few moments, and then the music and images would start over again.

Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDxWnXNWweE

Answer: Guilt

The goal of the tests was to ensure that droids couldn't get the piece of the key. Only organics would feel and identify the provoked emotions.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08/19/17, 10:10:16 AM »
+2 Show voters
Final follow up on this event, sorry it took a bit of time!

The Republic will have acquired, from that datapad, one piece of the key as well as complete information about the key, though not any indication of locations of the other four pieces. They would also now have the translation algorithm Wematin developed.

@Noth they would return the complete video to you of the adventure, as well as the translation program, but they would not provide you with a copy of the key or any indication of what it was your group retrieved. You would however receive a nice thank you and a payment of 10,000 credits from the Republic. You would be allowed to keep anything the Lieutenant allowed you to collect as salvage.

@Mei and @Oathbreaker your group would not get any intelligence back from the Republic, but you would be allowed to keep what the Lieutenant allowed you to collect as salvage and would each receive a thank you and 10,000 credits from the Republic.

@SivWysan and @JahziCallfire Caben was successful at remotely copying the datapad, thanks to his cybernetics, during the shuttle trip back to base. This means that The Wraiths would now have a copy of the complete information, including a copy of that piece of the key. Or at least Caben has this, it's up to him with whom he shares it. You would be allowed to keep anything the Lieutenant allowed you to collect as salvage. You would each receive a similar thank you with 10,000 credits each.

For context, I'm assuming here that 10,000 credits represents approximately one month's pay of a mid-level officer in the Republic armed forces (for instance, Lieutenant Luyu who led you). So it's not a winfall, but it is a significant payment for a single job.

There is now a thread for this whole story arc, as an arc of my guild, Equilibrium, which can be found under Meta guilds on the Guildnet! http://begerencolony.org/index.php?action=sgroups;sa=thread;t=53