BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2017
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 19: Jedi Night - 7:30 Server Time
Oct 26: Jedi Night - 7:30 Server Time

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Under 100 - Core Rules System  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: RP System (Under 100) - Looking for Feedback
« Reply #30 on: 04/17/17, 07:34:49 PM »
0 Show voters
@Karmic, thanks for your extensive feedback and thoughts! It would be a little hard to respond to your post point by point, but I think I can give a sort of reply by "category" that might hit on most of what you were talking about, and hopefully help clarify the system. 

My post here is extremely long (because brevity and I aren't friends), but my hope is that it's still useful information, and that perhaps anyone who might be lurking and reading the post who is not familiar with RPG rules systems at all might get some clarity from the details. (I find it funny, though, that my attempts to clarify are actually longer than the entirety of the post on the rules themselves. Which is either just amusing, or a sign of a really badly designed system... heh...)

How Skill Groups "influence each other" - a.k.a. What actions fall under what Skill Groups?

First of all, your confusion here isn't odd, because most RPG systems (at least pen and paper ones, which are generally the model for most written RP) are pretty comprehensive as regards which rules govern certain skills and actions. In those rules systems, there are more options and arenas to invest in, at a more granular level, which makes character creation more customized but also more complex (and likewise with the gameplay results).

With most RPG systems there are multiple stats, skills, and factors that might go into your attempting a single swing of your lightsaber (e.g., your physical attribute score + your chosen class + your weapon proficiency or specialized training + bonuses from your weapon). This is all understandable with a more complex system, and can be very rewarding to play out... but it is just not feasible to get that complex in the more free-form world of online community RP.

So rest assured that I deliberately designed Under 100 to not be that complicated, and to eliminate as much as possible any cross-over or additive stats/effects of that kind. There are no bonuses in the Under 100 system (with the sole exception of a particular specialized use of the Force or Gadgetry), and any action you take is dependent on just one Skill, and therefore on just one roll.

You cited an example of a "Stealth Assassin" character who is a Force-user and wields lightsabers. What skill is going to be used at any time depends entirely on the action you are taking, at its most basic level:

If you are trying to hit someone with your lightsaber, you would use Lightsabers.

If you are trying choke someone with the Force, you would use Force.

If you are trying to sneak past someone undetected, you would use Stealth.

It doesn't matter if you want to color it as a swing of your blade that is guided by your Force instinct - you are still swinging a lightsaber, and so the Lightsaber skill governs the roll.

Same with popping out of stealth to try to stab someone with your blade - you are still swinging a lightsaber at the end of the day, so the Lightsaber skill still governs it. The GM may ask you to roll a Stealth check to determine whether or not you indeed remained undetected prior to the attack, but that would mean two rolls governing two different parts of your action: one Stealth to determine if you were seen, and one Lightsaber to determine if you successfully hit your opponent. Failing at the Stealth check doesn't necessarily mean you fail to hit the enemy with your lightsaber, it would just determine whether or not you caught the enemy by surprise (and thus govern how the Game Master should color their response).

Your questions about Force vs Perception are again understandable, but again here I hope that ultimately it's a lot more simple than you might be thinking.

In almost every Star Wars RPG system I've ever seen, Perception (or "Spot," in the more old school books) is a separate skill from the Force. This is generally for two good reasons: 1) Because non Force-using characters still have to be able to see and sense things, and 2) Because perceptiveness doesn't just determine if you detect an enemy, but can also determine if you see a visual pattern in a tapestry or if you hear an unusual sound. At the end of the day, the truth is that the Force makes superheroes, which makes for great story, but is very hard on a rules set, and also really cheats people who want to play Han Solo out of a chance to be anything other than a sucker sidekick within a rules set that would allow Force-users to be as superhuman as some fiction makes them out to be. 

In many systems, you see that the rules allow for people to customize a Force-using character in such a way that they achieve all the supernatural benefits of a Force-user by obligating them to invest character resources into it (and consequently balancing the system as a result, since non Force-using characters get to spread their resources around more liberally). For example, in SAGA Edition the Perception skill governed all sensing and perception checks of any kind, but if you were a Force-sensitive character then you could invest one of your Talents into the Force Perception ability that then allowed you to use your Use The Force skill in place of Perception. This let players present their character as someone who relies on the Force to sense their surroundings and determine patterns (at the cost of character building resource investment), while still making sure that Perception as a skill remained accessible to everyone.

For Under 100, it's ultimately very simple, and fundamentally relies more on imagination and the Game Master's story-shaping. Perception as a skill governs all sorts of perception (visual, aural, extra-sensory, etc), and the GM might call for a Perception check at any time, to help them determine which people see/hear/smell/notice/Force-sense that special cue or clue. All character types have access to Perception, making sure they all have an equal chance to participate. A Force-user could color their detection of something as having come through insight from the Force, but it's still going to be use of the Perception skill.

But that doesn't stop Force-using characters from telling the GM that they'd like to "reach out" with the Force to see if they can sense danger or a friend or what-have-you. As a Game Master, I view this as characters playing very much within the rules of the Star Wars universe, and I am going to let them roll a Force check and then use the results to guide me in determining the information I can give them. But as a Game Master, I completely reserve the right to deliver that information as cryptically or clearly as the story demands, in the interest of making the story a good one. (Because at the end of the day, structured gameplay requires that you trust the Game Master to some degree; if you fundamentally do not, and do not wish to allow for a GM's hand in story execution, then the whole endeavor falls apart anyway.)

I realize I've thrown quite a few paragraphs at you here, and while I do think they speak to your points, I'll also try to sum up more simply by quoting you and responding on this:

As a Stealth Assassin Force Melee Character - I use the FOrce in every part of what Karmic does.  As she's fighting, she's using the Force.  As she's stealthing, she's using the Force.  As she's looking around and listening and sensing for danger - she's using the Force (Perception).  All of that depends on her strength in the Force.

With this system, the way at least I would Game Master it (because most things do come down to your Game Master), it would be that your saying she uses the Force in all these things is purely a matter of color.

It is no different from someone saying that their uber Sniper can hit a bullseye every time because of natural skill, while someone else says their uber Sniper can hit a bullseye every time because they are a tech who has tricked out their rifle with Gree technology. All I need to know (and all the Under 100 rules need to know) is how likely you are to hit the bullseye. The how and why doesn't matter as much, but actions need to fall into specific buckets, and those specific buckets need to be able to be universally applied across all characters.

So stealthing is governed by Stealth, swinging a lightsaber is governed by Lightsabers, and looking around for danger is governed by Perception.

In pure fiction, we can say that a Jedi or Sith is able to do everything thanks to the Force. But if we applied the "rules" of fiction to the rules of RPG systems, then a Jedi or Sith would literally only ever need one skill (the Force), and if they're super good at that then they are immediately better at everything than anyone else could ever be. It can be argued whether or not that even makes for good fiction, but it certainly doesn't make for balanced RP with other players.

But even so, within the Under 100 system I did give a nod to the canonically indisputable benefits of being able to use the Force, in the Force Enhancement special action which allows Force-using characters to use the Force to increase their chances with many other skills, including Perception or combat. I've noticed that most people tend not to use this, in part (I believe) because it can sometimes bog things down, and keeping things moving is often in everyone's best interest. But there's nothing stopping people from using this special action if they want to.

How to Prioritize Threshold Value Assignment - a.k.a. Feels like I can't make all these skills as high as I'd like them to be

In this case I will actually quote and respond a couple times, because I think that would work best.

So that when I have to distribute points across 10 variables - some of which will be relevant, some not (to a particular event) - I feel like I'm not representing my character profile accurately because I'm having to put the 20 at Artistry to get a 60 in Social, when I feel both of them would be higher than that even if none of them as high as Melee/Force at 90 (or whatever numbers).

and

I realize there has to be a trade off; I guess my thought in the "Doing 10 Skills instead of 9" is you're forcing another skill to be dropped to the bottom for that trade off - if a Strong Force Lightsaber fighter (who is also a lady's party man) has to play the odds on what it would be more helpful to put the higher end numbers in. =D

Ultimately you hit on the answer yourself, with the idea that there has to be a trade off, when you're working within a rules set. I see this in two ways, though. Using your examples:

First - There's no reason that you can't role play your character as being a perfectly lovely singer, and incorporate experience with singing into their background. You can RP them as having knowledge and skill, and if you are ever trying to describe a singing performance to other players you always have the agency to describe it however you like, as any of us do. The only thing the Artistry skill group governs (within the context of the rules of the Under 100 system) is what happens in the event the GM calls for a skill check. Maybe they call for a check to determine if your knowledge covers a specific thing (have you heard of it before, given that the GM just made it up?), or they call for a check to determine what a specific NPC is going to think of your singing. (Maybe you sang beautifully, but their ex-girlfriend was also a singer and you suddenly remind them of her and they are going to hate your performance no matter what - which is a way a Game Master might choose to color a NPC response to failure, for example.) In the same way you can't godmod what other players think of your singing, no matter how you describe it when coloring your RP, you also can't "godmod" what a GM's NPCs think about it - and fundamentally that's what the rules are for: to determine how the world/NPCs react. The Artistry skill will just give you an improved chance to get the reaction you want from the world. It doesn't necessarily mean you have to RP your character as being bad or good at something; that's just a matter of your own color.

Second - The trade off is indeed real.  :grin: But using my own character of Niarra as an example, I think you can make peace with that trade off in several ways. Niarra's character background has her having grown up in "harmony" with wilderness areas; she knows a great deal about wildlife, and has in fact spent most of her life raising and training varactyls and other animals, which is something she still does. So in my mind, as a character, she is quite good at "naturist" activities. But when it comes to the Naturist skill group within the Under 100 system, I set that skill at just 30, because no matter how good she is at being a naturist, it's fundamentally a matter of ranking. Is she a better naturist than she is a Force-user? Or a better naturist than she is a diplomat? No. Those other two skills are stronger, so the trade off is I accept Naturist has to drop down the list. So maybe thinking of it like a ranking (rather than a number-to-skill ratio) might help.

Does it mean that you're less likely to succeed at these lower ranked skills? Of course. But the system has the "damnit I want to succeed at this" safeguard of Heroic Moment points, and you can use one of those points to guarantee you a success on any skill you are trained in.

I'm use to Perma-Character-Stats covering the life of your character (whether you add to it or not).

I admit I'm not entirely sure what you mean by perma stats, but making a wild assumption I would guess you're talking about some RPG systems that are more about social interaction RP, and less about combat? Generally speaking, from my own experience at least, systems that include combat and risky adventure actions are pretty strict about that "trade off" and about having a limited resource pool from which to build your character's skills. Otherwise everyone would probably make their heroic characters incredibly good at everything, no one would ever fail their skill checks... and suddenly you don't have an adventure at all.

For Under 100, the idea was to have as few stats to juggle as possible. Nine numbers (now probably 10) to reflect your character, and one single (un-adjusted and usually unopposed) roll for your attempted action. This is purely to accommodate the fact that what we do here is usually a blend of a traditional RPG with something totally free-form (and not everyone wants anything to do with a traditional RPG format at all, and for them even Under 100 is probably too much); there need to be rules for success and failure and rules that enforce a more level playing field so that everyone has fun, but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible (even if that means a lot of things get relegated to just "color") so that we don't entirely lose the free-form aspect of the RP people are used to.

When to Roll and When to Describe

You said:

This is more a matter of style I think than any "rule system" but some of the event coordinators around here have started allowing us to ROLL FIRST before Rping out the first part of any action that requires a roll and then writing the whole thing out knowing the ending.

Rather than the "regular" way of posting your initial action/attack - rolling - and then finding out if you succeeded or not.

This is a good suggestion, and one I will keep in reserve for possible implementation. In the previous adventures I ran with Under 100, we went with the following model:
  • Player describes their intended action, with the color that leads up to it
  • Player rolls to determine success or failure
  • Game Master describes the result
For myself personally, this works well, because I have a fair amount of experience with quick GM replies of this nature, and I make a very conscientious effort to respect the player's described intentions when I color the result. I find this method works well to keep things moving, and has the added benefit of letting the other players clearly know when their turn to interject their action will be coming up, because no one is left wondering "Is Player X going to type a description of their failure?" They know it's the Game Master whose post they are waiting for, and that then things will be done.

But of course all of that works for me as a Game Master because it's my preferred method. All Game Masters will have their own preferences, and some Game Masters might want to play it a different way. Although I did write out a section about this in the Under 100 rules, I may in fact go in and take that whole section out, because really it's a guide and not a rule (as you said, it's a matter of style). The only hard and fast rules in the system are about the numbers themselves, and how a Game Master wants to balance description and action with their players is going to be up to the personal preferences involved.

I can see a lot of benefits to the roll first style you're describing, and agree with the pros you listed. I'm not opposed to this idea in any way, but having never personally been part of a game that was played this way I think I would need to see it in action first before I made a decision.

I can offer one con, though, to the roll first idea: It takes power out of the Game Master's hands. This comes back to something I said earlier, about structured RPG gameplay fundamentally requiring a certain level of trust in the Game Master. (If you have a tyrannical Game Master, no amount of rules is going to help you; you're just screwed.) But if players are allowed to describe more than just their intentions around an action, you run the risk of players "godmoding" the reactions of the NPCs into their description of the results. This could potentially muddy the way a GM is trying to present a NPC or situation (at best), and might even force the GM to retroactively contradict the description a player has written in order to keep the events of the story on track (at worst).

It may be that my imagined con is not actually something that happens often, though. Like I said, I'd need a chance to play an adventure under a GM who is handling it in this way to know how I feel about it for sure; until then I'm just sepculating. But I am sincerely open to considering the roll first style.

So far, in the adventures I've run, I can think of only one time that a player seemed to really want to override the color I (as the Game Master) gave to the results of a roll (although it's quite possible they were just being too polite to say anything  :grin: ). But as with everything else, the more players I get a chance to GM for, and the more personalities I see interacting with the system, the better idea I'll have of the style that seems to work best.

And finally...

Failsafe roll rule please! Us /rng cursed always appreciate some rule that if we fail 3 or 4 rolls in a row we can get a success in there somewhere.  Stell put this into her system after I had some ungodly number of roll fails (RNG curse is Legend....ary..) and it just makes everyone so happy to know that even if they facepalm it again and again - something is going to be a successful roll!  :aww:

There does always seem to be at least one unlucky player in any gaming group who appears to be particularly cursed by the dice gods.  :grin: It's almost enough to make one superstitious.

I feel the Under 100 system already has two safeguards against this, though. The first and most significant is the Heroic Moment point(s), which can be used at the player's discretion, to guarantee a success. You could use this out of frustration after a string of failures, or you could use it if you want to ramp up to a particularly awesome action whose success you don't want to leave to chance.

The other safeguard is not as ironclad, but it's just the way the mathematical odds work with the Under 100 system. If you're attempting a skill your character is good at it, they will have a better than average chance at succeeding, so you're just not as likely to get recurring failures as you are with something as simple is a 50/50 chance. Of course RNG is still RNG, so like I said this isn't an ironclad guarantee, but it is a weighting advantage, and you always have your Heroic Moment points as a backup.

:lightside:

So I know this was a monster post, but I hope it did help clarify things!

And just as a P.S., to give credit where it's due, it's Zmaj who has been running the fun stolen art pieces story arc for Imperial Nights, not me. :) I've been there as a player, but not the GM. She's put her own spin on the rolling and result descriptions, which is the GM's prerogative. I think she's primarily using the underlying Under 100 ideas of how to build character stats and having the thresholds to roll against.
« Last Edit: 04/17/17, 07:38:35 PM by Niarra »
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Padawan of the Tira'Noth Enclave
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04/17/17, 07:49:01 PM »
0 Show voters
Short ANswer:

That DID Help.  Now I get you, and I get how I need to tweak my stats to be more reflective of where the SKILL lies - and you're right; ultimately when I picked the numbers it was ranking what was my "strongest" and then down to "least" that way and remember that these were all "above norm" so to speak :).

I also think the use of the word "color" (in the "How things are colored..") is also where I was missing your point, interpreting what was "flair" (as you are using the word color I think ?) vs. what was "driving action" behind an attack.

Like Force v. Stealth in Force Stealth (since one could of course make the argument its either way! -And yes GM Is Law :)) - knowing that Stealth is the roll and NOT Force makes me want to flip things around already; it being her "strongest" ability in the Force.  Something I think of as more second nature - "failing at hiding would rarely to never happen!  Maybe not be able to do anything but at least HIDING she can do!" :).  :halo:

I have more response - but I'll wait til I have more time and am more awake.  We are both verbose... so your wall of text does not bother me! I return with another of my own! *return volley INC*

Just wanted to get that acknowledgement out while I mull over my thoughts :).

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04/17/17, 10:03:18 PM »
0 Show voters
Short ANswer:

That DID Help.

Yay! The wall of words was not pointless and needlessly annoying!  :lol: :whee:

Now I get you, and I get how I need to tweak my stats to be more reflective of where the SKILL lies - and you're right; ultimately when I picked the numbers it was ranking what was my "strongest" and then down to "least" that way and remember that these were all "above norm" so to speak :).

Yep, I imagine that most of us, making heroic characters, are imagining them being above average at most of what they do. We can certainly RP them that way to our heart's content. (Although there's also something to be said for embracing the things your character is bad at, because that makes for great hilarity.) But for the sake of the adventure, failure has to be an option, and you have to be better at some things than you are at others, right? There's a reason Superman is considered one of the more boring superheroes in the mythology, and that's because when you can do everything and are hurt by nothing, it's exceedingly hard to create any worthwhile drama around you.

I also think the use of the word "color" (in the "How things are colored..") is also where I was missing your point, interpreting what was "flair" (as you are using the word color I think ?) vs. what was "driving action" behind an attack.

Heh, well, if I'm interpreting your use of the word flair correctly, then yes I think we mean the same thing.   :grin: As regards the rules of this system, there's differently a separation between the description and the Skill Group that determines the roll. 

I view "color" as the way you present and describe both your character and their actions. If one person tells me their character knocks someone out by lumbering in, winding up a right hook, and felling their opponent with a meaty, muscle-driven punch to the jaw, and then another person tells me their character knocks someone out by nimbly sidestepping an attack, darting in with the precision and grace of a dancer, and felling their opponent with a perfectly calculated nerve-strike to the base of the skull... well, those are totally different character types, and that's totally different color, and a totally different image and RP experience... but I still need to know what skill to roll for.  :grin: And in the case of Under 100, the skill for hand to hand combat is Melee Brawn, pure and simple. Color it however you want.

Like Force v. Stealth in Force Stealth (since one could of course make the argument its either way! -And yes GM Is Law :)) - knowing that Stealth is the roll and NOT Force makes me want to flip things around already; it being her "strongest" ability in the Force.  Something I think of as more second nature - "failing at hiding would rarely to never happen!  Maybe not be able to do anything but at least HIDING she can do!" :).  :halo:

Yep, that's my way of thinking about the system too. What are the skills this character would absolutely not fail at (barring extremely odd circumstances / a rare extremely bad roll)? That skill goes at the top - bam, 90% success rate. And if you absolutely need to have more than one skill that you want them to almost never fail at, then that's why I created different types of Skill Group Allocation arrays. You can be a Specialist, and have two skills at 90. That just means that, for the sake gameplay balance, other skills get ranked lower.

Before you go too deep into remaking your character stats, though, let me make the adjustments to the rules that I was soliciting feedback for to begin with. It should both help with the dilemma of the lower end numbers of the array, and also (by adding Lightsabers as a skill) will give you more prioritization to juggle. I'm actually going to try to get those revisions done tonight, but at worst it'll be before the week is out.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Padawan of the Tira'Noth Enclave
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04/17/17, 11:28:40 PM »
0 Show voters
Revisions have been completed! Revisions made on 4/17/17 include the following:

• Lightsaber combat has been broken out of the Melee Agile bucket and made into its own skill group: Lightsabers.
  • The total number of Skill Groups a character can select has been increased to 10 (up from 9).
  • Expanded the Skill Group Allocation arrays to allow for the increase to 10 Skill Groups.
  • Updated all of the existing Skill Group Allocation arrays to increase the values on the lower range numbers. The lowest possible number in an array is now 30, with most arrays having the lowest number at 40. The mid-range numbers across all of the arrays have been increased.
  • Changed the name of the Melee Agile skill to Agility, and updated the actions that it governs.
  • Changed the name of the Melee Brawn skill to Brawn, and updated the actions that it governs.
  • Clarified that all standard attacks deal a flat value damage of 1 Hit Point.
  • Clarified that it is solely up to GM preference, and just a question of style rather than rules, how they wish to handle who (players vs. GM) is responsible for the description of an action and its results, and when (before or after a roll) said description should be provided.

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: Under 100 - Core Rules System
« Reply #34 on: 06/05/17, 03:57:00 AM »
0 Show voters
I've taken feedback from several recent adventures run both by me and by others using this system, and have made some revisions. All of these revisions were play tested and I think they help to streamline/simplify a few points, as well as integrate the core system more smoothly into some of the other modules (starships, gambling, and a new PVP rules set). The main post has been updated with the most recent revisions as of today, 6/5/17.

For those already familiar with the system who might want to track the changes, they are outlined below. Changes have been minimal in terms functionality, but they do impact character skill selections.

• Consolidated Agility and Brawn into one skill (Athletics) and removed all combat applications of the skill
  • With the consolidation of Agility and Brawn, dropped the number of skills people choose from 10 to 9
  • Removed the Lightsabers skill, and instead created a new skill (Melee) to cover all forms of combat that use melee weapons, including lightsabers and hand-to-hand. After this change, Melee, Ranged, and Force are now the only skills with combat applications.
  • Created a new PVP Rules set (optional set). This is described toward the end of the post. It covers how Under100 scores can be converted into a rolling system that relies on opposed checks to allow for less randomized PVP combat. It is recommended that this optional rules set be used only in the rare PVP focused event, because: it increases the time it takes to resolve rolls and defeat an opponent; it functionally decreases the chance of success as compared to the percentage chance of 100% for people's chosen focus skills; if used as a PVE mechanic it creates more book-keeping work for the GM who now needs to have opposed rolls for every PC's attempt to act. (All of those caveats being said, play testing of this rules set in PVP duels showed it actually runs pretty fast and smoothly, for opposed checks. Character customization, which is the crux of the entire Under 100 system, still shone through, but a possibility for the underdog to succeed also exists.)
  • Created a means to determine a fixed Initiative score for a character (rather than making Initiative a totally random roll). PC initiative order will now also be impacted by how a character has been customized.
  • Removed the optional Wounded rule, as not even I ever used it, and it seemed more book-keeping trouble than it was worth.
  • Added one more use of a Heroic Moment point: Negation: A Heroic Moment point can be used to negate the effects of a successful attack against a player's own character. 
  • Created a Character Sheet Generator tool that is shared through Google Sheets for all players to use if desired. This sheet automates all math calculations and pre-populates many fields based on just a few drop-down selections made by the player. Testers using the sheet reported being able to build a character in a matter of a few minutes. Tips for using the generator, including exporting a PDF copy of the character sheet, are included in the last section of the core post, and also in this post.

Online Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06/05/17, 06:14:53 AM »
0 Show voters
Having helped playtest the new rules, I can say they are very fun! Fights go fast, are intuitive, and involve just enough strategy to not feel like you're at the mercy of rolls and character sheets.

ALso, that character sheet generator is a godsend. Thank you for creating it.
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd
Seirion: Zabrak Armyman // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06/05/17, 07:12:45 PM »
+1 Show voters
I would also remind people (or tell those who aren't aware) - up at the top of the Forum under your "Hello Name" (in the row with Private Message, Show Recent, etc.) at the bottom is "User Notepad."

You can use that to have the forum save various whatever notes you may need to bring up again.

Its a great place for storing character sheets of any/all the various systems you may have been involved in!!

I saved this character sheet to my HD, of course, but I also saved the important stuff on the User Notepad so that way even away from my computer - if I can get on the forum I have a copy of it! :)

So friendly advice if people are looking for easy access storage - for anything!

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06/05/17, 07:15:20 PM »
0 Show voters
That is a fantastic idea, Karmic. Thanks for sharing!
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azeara

Offline Iaera

• Arbiter
  • Jeeeeeeediiiiiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06/05/17, 08:01:53 PM »
+1 Show voters
I'm sorry I missed the playtest. Now that I've had a chance to sit down and look at the update, I think it looks great! Awesome job! :cheer:
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fiat justitia ruat clum

Iaera Farworlder - Jedi Master, lightsaber instructor, Jedi Custodum
Sibyl-ko Tanaji - ex-punk, fighter pilot, Argent Squadron
also many alts i never play ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Karmic

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06/05/17, 09:29:00 PM »
0 Show voters
That is a fantastic idea, Karmic. Thanks for sharing!

No problem - I've used it for years to list all the various "skills" and such I wanted to use in the old system.

Course... I also somehow deleted/lost that somewhere! DOH!

So..yea.. don't accidently delete what you save!  :grin:  :rage: