BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2017
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 19: Jedi Night - 7:30 Server Time
Oct 26: Jedi Night - 7:30 Server Time

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Independents Night - Wednesday RP Night  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
Re: Independents Night - Wednesday RP Night
« Reply #45 on: 06/15/17, 07:36:23 PM »
0 Show voters
This week was, obviously, bad for me. Next week should be good, and I can be Pub side to handle invites. I'm interested in what you have in mind, Noth.
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 06/17/17, 10:41:21 PM »
0 Show voters
Indie Night presents....

Oya'cye'tiir - A Mandalorian Midsummer Celebration

This is an idea I've had for a while, but since I noticed next Indie Night takes place on the Summer Solstice, I thought, why not do it this week?

A very common bit of fanon I see floating around the internet is the idea that Mandos have holidays based on the solstices and equinoxes of Mandalore, so I lined them up with this bit of lore and am hoping to reserve an Indie Night for one such celebration every June, September, and March, and maybe also December if we haven't had our fill of Saturalia-themed events by then. For summer, it's Oya'cye'tiir, the Day of Life!

What: A Mandalorian celebration celebrating the fullness of life and heat. Come to party, boast, and compete in games of strength and combat ability!

Who: Anyone and everyone! While Mandos are encouraged, this event is a rare chance for outsiders to come hang out in a camp without the threat of being shot... at least, not out of the context of battling for fun. Since it's still Indie Night, I'd encourage you to bring your independent types and Mando-friendly characters, but that's up to you.

Where: I'll be setting up a Tat SH for the event, but if Galaar Karyai can get a Guild SH set up by then (not super likely but we will see!) it'll be there. I'll clarify that closer to Wednesday.

When: This Wednesday, June 21st, starting at 6:30 server time (or whenever people can arrive).

One thing I am hoping to have is a series of games of athleticism and combat that people can join in. You have your choice of using Under100 for these or not, depending on the game, but it is not required to participate. I just ask that competitors who are facing each other at a game use the same system, whether that be Under100, 50/50 chance, or determining the winner through OOC discussion. Because this is being posted a bit last minute, I aim to be as rolls-light or not as desired so that all can attend!

RSVP if you can! That will help me decide what activities to plan on.
« Last Edit: 06/17/17, 10:45:09 PM by Noth »
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd
Seirion: Zabrak Armyman // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 06/20/17, 10:02:26 PM »
0 Show voters
Bump! Just a reminder that Indie Night is happening tomorrow, starting at 6:30 server time! It will be Mando-themed, but open to all, a lively celebration with some athletic games to compete in. I will be hosting on Urziya, Impside, in a personal SH set up for the occasion. I need someone to help me with Pubside invites, so if you are coming and want to help out with that, let me know here and I will get you a key sometime before the event begins!
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd
Seirion: Zabrak Armyman // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 06/20/17, 10:18:01 PM »
0 Show voters
Hey Noth! I work until 7:30 tomorrow, but I just wanted to let you know I have some interest in checking this out! So if things are still going by the time I get home, I'll be making an appearance. :)
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azeara

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06/21/17, 04:43:18 AM »
0 Show voters
Such a sweet concept! I'll be there, but I think it's time for Alexandra to show. She'll be a nice compliment to the crowd, with her specialization as a physician. Just in case...well...things get out of hand :)

And edit: I can help with Pub-side invites.
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06/21/17, 10:23:12 AM »
0 Show voters
Such a sweet concept! I'll be there, but I think it's time for Alexandra to show. She'll be a nice compliment to the crowd, with her specialization as a physician. Just in case...well...things get out of hand :)

And edit: I can help with Pub-side invites.
Ha! That's a good idea! And sweet! When I see you online next I will toss you a key!
Pubs

Imps

Offline Cyone

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06/21/17, 04:00:34 PM »
0 Show voters
This is a really cool and creative idea! I really appreciate seeing folks put some thought into Mando RP in particular that is not just "rawr argh we like to kill stuff and get angry." Sadly, I don't have any truly Mandalorian characters to attend on, but my bounty hunter has ties, so I will likely show up on him! Wanted to give a shout out to this though too, as I for one am certainly excited by it and am all for the idea of it being repeated!

As a side note, I am sorry to hear Indie night has been slow lately. I had been trying to make an effort to be there every week myself, as I have a vested interest in seeing a weekly event like this survive, but I have been a bit lax the past few weeks. Hoping to get back to being a regular!

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 06/21/17, 05:09:32 PM »
0 Show voters
@Cyone - You are totally welcome on your non-Mandos! My idea is these festivals double as 'recruiting events' (no OOC pressure of course, but it makes a good IC reason for there to be non-Mandos around) so non-Mandos and friends of the clans are welcome!

I'm hoping to plan other events too that are more adventuresome than the usual Lounge-going we have, interspersed with our casual Lounge-going (since we have such a nice venue in which to do it!).

Reminder that this is happening tonight starting in about an hour and a half! Actual festivities do not happen until an hour later, because that is when people seem to usually start getting online, but I want earlier folks to have some fun too. I'm getting online Pubside to hand out keys to anyone who wants one, and will be hopping Impside at event start.
Pubs

Imps

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 06/21/17, 05:10:52 PM »
0 Show voters
I should be at the Mando party on Erran! Although it would take some serious arm-twisting to get him to commit to most contests (rather than just record keeping wins and losses and sighing over damage to equipment), just in case arm-twisting happens here are his Under 100 stats.

Spoiler: show

Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Jedi Padawan of the Tira'Noth Enclave
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline NovaZero

• Life is the enemy, Death is our solace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 06/21/17, 05:14:50 PM »
0 Show voters
This will be the last day I will definitely not be able to make it.

:'(
Heads up! Most of my roleplay is done over Discord!

Hit me up there if you're keen!

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 06/21/17, 05:34:33 PM »
0 Show voters
@NovaZero - Oh nooo. :( Well fear not, this is not the only Mando-themed Indie Night I have planned!

@Niarra - Yay for Erran! Armtwisting may not be required. I set him up a little storage room which you may want to check out. I'll give you some more details in-game for stuff he could do if you want to be an official part of the festivities!
Pubs

Imps

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 06/21/17, 06:34:46 PM »
0 Show voters
A Very Mando Summer Solstice begins now!

Look for Urziya's Stronghold in the public listings Impside; or els find Urziya in ImpOOC, or Alexandra or Ash'ette in PubOOC, to grab an invite!

Character sheets are recommended but not enforced. If you don't have a character sheet you may be asked to do a 50/50 roll when participating in games! If you're not participating in any competitions no rolling is needed. Prizes are completely IC.
Pubs

Imps

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 06/21/17, 08:34:17 PM »
0 Show voters
Here are Adeliey's stats!

Spoiler: show
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azeara

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 06/22/17, 02:36:54 AM »
+1 Show voters
A Very Mando Summer Solstice was a huge success! Thanks to everyone who came by! I had a lot of fun, and I hope you all did too. A summary of events:

Mando'ade and friends gathered in the camp of Clan Veshkgalaar to celebrate Oya'cye'tuur (which I realized just now I spelled wrong the whole time oops), an archaic Mando holiday celebrating life and heat and the hunt. After a while of talking and food, the games began:

- A round of holo-cu'bikad joined by Korvael, Orten Yaitz, Harkasone, Adeliey, and Sable Rawk, followed by a cu'bikad deathmatch using the old-fashioned rules and real knives. Orten Yaitz came out victorious with a bottle of fine, expensive tihaar as his prize after demolishing a dagger with another dagger, with Harkasone and Ash'ette as runners-up (without prizes, sadly, Mandos do nothing by halves).

- A round of ranged skill with blasters and a round of no-holds-barred brawling followed the cu'bikad. Korvael, Ash'ette, and Adeliey joined in both rounds, as well as Urziya, defending her tihaar from those who would win it from her. After a quick display of sharpshooting and a brutal takedown of all three opponents, Korvael came out the victor, with a prize of not one but two bottles of expensive tihaar.

- Closing ceremonies for those who stayed to the end consisted of a short recital of a portion of the Akaanati'kar'oya, a large bonfire, and the sharing of one of Korvael's bottles of tihaar between the Mando'ade around the fire. Urziya and Adeliey both got sent to bed with concussions after the melee ended in ill-advised headbutts. Warm feel-good toasts of brotherhood were shared by all.

Thank you all for coming, and looking forward to more adventures with you all on future Indie Nights!
« Last Edit: 06/22/17, 03:11:36 AM by Noth »
Pubs

Imps

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 06/28/17, 06:40:07 PM »
0 Show voters
Indie Night! Sorry that I didn't post here sooner. Due to time and RP obligations, I'm hoping to start at 7:30 tonight. @Mei if you are available to host, that would be lovely! Otherwise, I will need help from people with invites to the Lounge or a nice open world location to hang out in!
Pubs

Imps