BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

December 2017
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Dec 13: Hannith's 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways
Dec 14: Jedi Night (7:30 PM)
Dec 15: Dancer's Palace 9pm PST
Dec 16: Empire Day (8pm server time)
Dec 17: The Lost-Endgame (4pm Server, open w/signup)
Dec 18: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Dec 21: Jedi Night (7:30 PM)

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice  (Read 155 times)

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice
« on: 12/01/17, 09:43:32 PM »
0 Show voters
It's that time of year again!

In the summer, we celebrated life with fire and war.
In the autumn, we remembered the dead, and honored their memories.
In the winter, we turn our focus to Revelation, to clan and camp, and defy the dark stasis of Arasuum.

IC

Life is a trial, and no one does challenge better than the Mando'ade. Clan Veshkgalaar has called to its friends and allies to join them on a yearly rite of passage: to hunt the mightiest of beasts as clan and kindred, and endure the elements on a long wilderness trek. At the end lies feast, fire, and the comfort of camp and home. On the path lies bitter winds, freezing temperatures, hostile beasts, and the empty expanses in which to train the body and the mind. Only by working together will the pack survive. As the ancient clans of Mandalore were once exiles in the stars, so will their children journey through the wastes, so will they come to survive, so will they come to understand themselves.

OOC

This is going to be a departure from the previous two Mando festival events, because this is going to be an open world situation, and will be a combat and exploration event more in the style of our usual adventures. Planet is TBA, but will be somewhere a survival trek seems plausible. The event will come in two parts: Trekking across the wilderness in search of a giant beast to slay, then making our way to a camp where Urziya will do her usual storytelling and morale speeches, and there will be warm drinks and a feast made of our unfortunate prey.

Anyone with ties to our server Mandos is welcome to come! I am expecting a lot of entertaining culture clashes between the Mandos and Mando-esques having a grand old time suffering together, and the non-Mandos just, well... suffering. Whether or not your characters know what's about to hit them is up to you. The sales pitch Urziya has given everyone is "Join us for a hunt to celebrate Mare'cye'tuur - There will be feasting, stories, a bonfire, things to kill, hiking to do, lots of fun! Also, bring something for the clan. Like a gift or something. Something you can carry." ... making it sound a lot more like Life Day and conveniently leaving out the survival aspect. Mando'ade, feel free to know exactly what you're in for.

Because this is a combat event come well-armed. HOWEVER, note that Urziya will set a limit on the gear you can bring with you. Aside from your weapons and armor, every person can bring one additional non-combat item to the event. Ships or transports are not allowed. Remember that it must be carried with you as you walk. The animals are not the only difficulty we will face along the way, so choose your extra item carefully. We will be using simple 50/50 pass/fail rolls, but players should also choose two of the following "skills" for the event: Surveying, Ecology, Biology, Geology, Hunting, Engineering, History, Languages. These will be used to passively feed your characters information.

Summary

Who: Mandos and friends of Mandos.
What: A hunt and a wilderness trek on an inhospitable planet, followed by food and warmth.
When: TBA, see the bottom of the post.
Where: An icy rock of a planet somewhere. Most likely Hoth.
Why: "Join us for a hunt to celebrate Mare'cye'tuur - There will be feasting, stories, a bonfire, things to kill, hiking to do, lots of fun! Also, bring something for the clan. Like a gift or something. Something you can carry." If this sounds like Mando Life Day, your character would be both very right and very, very wrong.

Before You Come:
- Pick a single non-combat item of your choice to bring with you. It must be something your character can carry on their person or in a bag.
- Pick two of the following skills: Surveying, Ecology, Biology, Geology, Hunting, Engineering, History, and Languages.
- Post your RSVP with the two skills you have chosen in the thread below.

Please let me know when you're able to attend! I'd like to keep it around the Winter Solstice, but want people to be able to come. I am thinking Wednesday the 20th, but if another day or week works better for people, let me know.
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd
Seirion: Zabrak Armyman // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
Re: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice
« Reply #1 on: 12/02/17, 07:15:43 AM »
0 Show voters
Looks like I'll be busy Friday 12/22, and possibly getting up early for hike sunrise 12/21.  So I'm not sure Wed night would work well for me.  The night of 12/21 would be good, could do Mon, Tues or Sat evenings that week too.  Though don't want to mess others up if they want to be right on the Solstice. 

(did we ever decide which planet's hypothetical solstice this is based on?  Hehe.  Could be Coruscant, actually since the Mandolorians are believed to be descended from the Zhaung people from there)

Offline Darshendros

• Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/02/17, 08:09:35 AM »
0 Show voters
Once I figure out Blut's backstory (and get him a makeover...) I'll probably send him to this.

Or discover that Rotersand's not dead after all. Somehow.

WTB more battle-scarred Mandalorian armor.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/02/17, 02:09:48 PM »
0 Show voters

(did we ever decide which planet's hypothetical solstice this is based on?  Hehe.  Could be Coruscant, actually since the Mandolorians are believed to be descended from the Zhaung people from there)
Heh, in my head it's always been Mandalore. Way to stay connected with home while always on the move.
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd
Seirion: Zabrak Armyman // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Offline Darshendros

• Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/03/17, 09:08:07 AM »
0 Show voters
Rotersand's officially still alive! I'll bring him to this if I'm able to make it. But I work Wednesday nights... :/

(Hunting, Engineering)

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12/03/17, 05:41:48 PM »
0 Show voters
Hark or Reill both fit the bill I suppose.
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Philla Kasan (29, Captain, 51st Recon)

« Reply #6 on: 12/04/17, 11:07:08 AM »
0 Show voters
I think I'll come. Sounds like it'll be fun.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12/05/17, 06:01:25 PM »
0 Show voters

Heh, in my head it's always been Mandalore. Way to stay connected with home while always on the move.

I suppose that makes sense this long after the Great Migration.  As a side note, some stuff in Rebel's Season 3 confirms Mandalore's state is from war damage and "not being allowed time to regrow."  So is plausible Karen Traviss' original vision of farmland and rugged forests is possible at other points in its history even in the New "Canon". 

Offline Cyone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12/06/17, 07:11:21 PM »
0 Show voters
Honestly not sure what my schedule will look like around the 20th, but I'd sure love to attend and I'll let you know details as they come to me! As for character details:

Korvael Cyone - Hunting, Surveying