BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

June 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jun 21: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 22: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST
Jun 25: Indie Night - 7:30 PM Pacific
Jun 28: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 28: All-Galaxy Combat Tournament
Jun 29: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels  (Read 3292 times)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
Star Wars Rebels
« on: 05/20/13, 10:46:59 AM »
0 Show voters
Star Wars Rebels

An animated series set during the Dark Times, drawing inspiration and art direction from Ralph McQuarrie's original concept art.

One word: Outstanding
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Rebels
« Reply #1 on: 05/20/13, 10:56:55 AM »
0 Show voters
gee it would be awesome if I could actually see the video.

Offline Nascuyan

• Parjai par Aliit Bes'uliik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/20/13, 11:02:00 AM »
0 Show voters
The video wasn't all that impressive. Though hopefully this turns out better than the CGI Clone Wars cartoon did.

Offline Nadei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06/21/13, 08:43:41 PM »
0 Show voters
For the time being, here's something to quell your thirst...

Offline Cabochard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/21/13, 08:50:15 PM »
0 Show voters
My hope is (and yes, I know this is a vain hope, just based on the title) that it won't just show things with the Rebels, but within the Empire too.

Offline Darshendros

• Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06/21/13, 08:51:24 PM »
0 Show voters
I wish they'd do something with the EU stories. Oh wait, Ep. VII is going to invalidate all of that anyway. :l

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06/22/13, 04:15:56 AM »
0 Show voters
Oh wait, Ep. VII is going to invalidate all of that anyway. :l

In my opinion, no, it's not - and Abrams can shove it, frankly. But that's just me.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Semah

• The sand remembers where the river was.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06/22/13, 05:52:38 AM »
0 Show voters
Prepare the red hypermatter!

Offline Berym

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06/22/13, 06:08:56 AM »
0 Show voters
I wish they'd do something with the EU stories. Oh wait, Ep. VII is going to invalidate all of that anyway. :l

Didn't Lucas say ages ago that the EU stuff was all non-canon anyhow?

Offline Semah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06/22/13, 06:22:42 AM »
0 Show voters

The quote I read just said that "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. "

Hence the multi-layered Byzantine canon hierarchy. But how'd he get "Coruscant" from Zahn's books if he hadn't read them? /shrug

Offline Berym

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06/22/13, 06:49:23 AM »
0 Show voters

The quote I read just said that "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. "

Hence the multi-layered Byzantine canon hierarchy. But how'd he get "Coruscant" from Zahn's books if he hadn't read them? /shrug

Saying "That's a different world than my world" fairly puts the EU as non-canon, really.

That's not to say that some things from non-canon can be made canon, but it's safe to say that unless they appear in the movies, the KoToR games or SWTOR that its canonicity is up for debate :)

Offline Semah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06/22/13, 07:01:13 AM »
0 Show voters
Saying "That's a different world than my world" fairly puts the EU as non-canon, really.

That's not to say that some things from non-canon can be made canon, but it's safe to say that unless they appear in the movies, the KoToR games or SWTOR that its canonicity is up for debate :)

Lucasarts had a way of making that formal. See the tiered 'holocron' continuity (G, T, C-, S, and N-canon levels): http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon. It is ridiculous.

An "amusing" quote from that page:

Quote from: GL
LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06/22/13, 10:01:47 AM »
0 Show voters
I believe canon is not set in stone - more a guideline than a rule, in some cases. Most people are still running with the "we're not doing any more movies", but lo and behold, we're doing more movies. I've said many times on this topic that most people consider Episodes VII-IX to be the Thrawn Trilogy, since that was the series that jumpstarted the EU.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Berym

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06/22/13, 10:53:30 AM »
0 Show voters
I believe canon is not set in stone - more a guideline than a rule, in some cases. Most people are still running with the "we're not doing any more movies", but lo and behold, we're doing more movies. I've said many times on this topic that most people consider Episodes VII-IX to be the Thrawn Trilogy, since that was the series that jumpstarted the EU.

Well, some canon is - the officially created Lucasarts stuff, and for our purposes we can assume that KOTOR and SWTOR are canon within our iteration of the universe.

I don't think the Star Wars gang appearing on the Muppets is canon, though. Sadly.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06/22/13, 11:23:38 AM »
0 Show voters
I don't think the Star Wars gang appearing on the Muppets is canon, though. Sadly.

You can't kill a dream Berym, you can't kill a dream.  :think:
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin: