BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Comments on Stories  (Read 96235 times)

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
Re: Comments on Stories
« Reply #30 on: 07/28/12, 03:25:18 PM »
Garryson, thanks for letting me be a part, however small, of your ongoing saga. :)

Don't sell yourself short. Tae is now a goal. He's going to work his ass off to be stronger to beat him. It might not fully blossom for a while, but in Garryson's eyes Tae is now his greatest rival. Should be fun!

*Snickers*

Yes, it was great timing too..."What..you have a death wish? What you aren't going to allow me to stop you. Very well - here's Master ..he will be more than happy to fulfill your request."

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Jovia

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08/04/12, 12:10:09 AM »
There are indeed rules, Olle. There are indeed.

Interesting piece. Nice to get inside Olle's mindset and see how character interactions have influenced her :)
The Communist Domino >.>

Offline Ollekael

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08/04/12, 08:12:50 AM »
There are indeed rules, Olle. There are indeed.

Interesting piece. Nice to get inside Olle's mindset and see how character interactions have influenced her :)

Yay! I'm glad you got a chance to read it. This rules business should keep Olle busy/confused for a while.

OOC, I'll be busy catching up on Jovia/Evelia stories, which have been great! ofc ^^

Offline Shafferism

• Nothing Special.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08/04/12, 09:00:16 AM »
I will echo was Jovia has already said. Rules is a very good read Olle, and I will eagerly wait the next edition.
Currently levelling-

(Character list: Da'an, Horace, Sleth, Shaffer, Lazy-eye, Kaadus, Rhomen)

Offline Zuhani

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08/08/12, 01:53:29 PM »
Mejjis: I finally took the time to read Project Ghost Canyon and I absolutely love it. It's a different way of introducing a character history rather than just from the perspective of said character, and leaves lots of nice holes for interesting tidbits to be introduced at a later time, while not leaving the history feeling incomplete. Reading it makes me want to roleplay with Mejjis to learn more about his state of mind and the reasoning behind some of his actions.
That aside, I've been fiddling with my own Rattataki bounty hunter (because they're just an awesome race), and reading about your interpretations of Rattatak and the gladiatorial rings there is really helping me flesh out her backstory and personality before I bring her fully into the RP scene.

Jovia: DAMN YOU FOR MAKING ME LOVE YOUR CHARACTERS AND YOUR STORIES. Now everytime you make a sad post about Jovia I kind of want to cry. Or hug him. Or both. *fistshake*

Offline Mejjis

• "Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08/08/12, 05:51:37 PM »
Mejjis: I finally took the time to read Project Ghost Canyon and I absolutely love it.

I'm very glad you've enjoyed PGC thus far, Zuhani, and I'm thrilled to hear that it's achieved the intended effect for you. I must admit, I was a little concerned that no one was actually reading it, as brevity (what the Bard called "the soul of wit") is decidedly not my strong suit. That said, I've had a ton of fun writing it, and I'm delighted to find out that someone else is enjoying it too.

I also hope your bounty hunter crosses paths with Mejjis in the near future. Just don't expect a warm IC reception--I think Mejjy's attitude toward his own people is made fairly clear in Vattak's recounting of the ambush at Galladak. If you ever get the urge to talk shop about Rattataki culture, which I've fallen in love with since I started fleshing out Mejjy's background, I'd love to do so (the same goes for anyone else with a Rattataki character). I know embarrassingly little about the species and their planet, and I'm always eager to hear different perspectives on the pale-skinned warriors.

As long as I'm here, I wanted to give a few shout-outs to people for some of the more recent, amazing stories that I've enjoyed thus far.

Jovia: You seem to have quite a reputation here, and I'd call it well-earned. Your stories come with a sense of profound mystery and ethereal beauty that I find simply enchanting. I can't wait to read more.

Jade (RG): I love the mixed-media method you use to present your work. It's a great way to break up the text and makes the story that much more engaging. I took inspiration from your color-switching dialogue, which lends clarity and visual flair to your entries, in my latest PGC post.

Olle: I'll echo the sentiments of others here and say that I loved Rules. It's haunting, brutal, and a lot of fun. I can't wait for more.

Karmic: Reading your background was an insightful glimpse into the inner workings of a character I'd already come to know and love. I'd heard bits and pieces of the story from our previous IC interactions, but reading the full text gave your character that much more depth. Mejjis has known Karmic for a long time, but I now feel as though I truly comprehend her.

Kalypstra: Your character's journal entries are so personal and emotionally resonant, I feel a little voyeuristic just reading them, as though I'm getting a secret peek into an unfamiliar life. Her journal feels so honest and real that it makes me curious to meet the character and get to know her better.

Otherwise, I must say I've thoroughly enjoyed everything I've read on this board. There are so many great stories here, I feel bad for neglecting any authors, but rest assured that I'm having a great time reading all of them. Somehow, I missed out on reading Zuhani's The Mak Legacy - I Will Protect You, so that's next on my list.

Keep writing, folks, and I'll keep reading!

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08/08/12, 08:02:32 PM »
aww thank you Mejjis!!

And no your story is not going unread!  And yes it was intersesting and did not at all feel long or too long or whatever!! Coming from another verbose person..I understand :).

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Jovia

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08/09/12, 01:10:32 AM »

Jovia: You seem to have quite a reputation here, and I'd call it well-earned. Your stories come with a sense of profound mystery and ethereal beauty that I find simply enchanting. I can't wait to read more.

That's a lovely compliment. Thank you.  :)
The Communist Domino >.>

Offline Jovia

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08/10/12, 10:05:13 PM »
^^ Zullia, your latest post on Thav made me laugh :D
The Communist Domino >.>

Offline Zullia

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08/11/12, 07:37:05 PM »
^^ Zullia, your latest post on Thav made me laugh :D
Thanks!  ;D I hadn't posted anything in a while... Have a bit to catch up on.. >.>

Offline Remmi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08/17/12, 03:42:07 PM »
Fuujin, I really enjoyed your story. It played out in my head like something I could realistically see happening in the Star Wars Universe. Nice job!
Characters:
Remira - Republic Pilot
Mae'lorai - Jedi Sage
Aldrea - Jedi Padawan
Melaena - Imperial Force-user
Xanae - Sith Assassin

Offline Fuujin

• Jedi Investigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08/17/12, 04:53:25 PM »
Thanks, these are old, I wrote them in Feb, am feeling like I should get to continuing them.
"Fear is the mind-killer. Trust your instincts and never lose hope and you will have no reason to fear anything."

Offline Kalypstra

• "We know truth, not only by reason but, by heart."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08/17/12, 05:40:34 PM »
Kalypstra: Your character's journal entries are so personal and emotionally resonant, I feel a little voyeuristic just reading them, as though I'm getting a secret peek into an unfamiliar life. Her journal feels so honest and real that it makes me curious to meet the character and get to know her better.

I'm glad people are enjoying a slice into Kaly's life.  I dont' get to play her much in the open because of real life and work, so I like giving a little bit for people to actually know what kind of a person she is :)

Characters:
Kalypstra (Main)
Nara'kei
Rikki'a
Viridiah

Offline Jovia

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08/19/12, 11:07:54 PM »
Zu! That was a lovely piece, and not something I was at all expecting.

Very touching, and it makes me appreciate all those long conversations we had in the NS cantina, weeks and months apart.
The Communist Domino >.>

Offline Zuhani

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08/20/12, 09:36:13 AM »
Zu! That was a lovely piece, and not something I was at all expecting.

Very touching, and it makes me appreciate all those long conversations we had in the NS cantina, weeks and months apart.

D'aw, thanks! :D

Just because Zuhani wants everyone to think she's a bad guy, doesn't mean she doesn't still have some good at heart. ^-^