BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

June 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jun 21: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 22: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST
Jun 25: Indie Night - 7:30 PM Pacific
Jun 28: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 28: All-Galaxy Combat Tournament
Jun 29: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Poll

When Would You Like To See GeekOut 2014?

April
2 (9.1%)
May
3 (13.6%)
June
10 (45.5%)
July
5 (22.7%)
August
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Begeren Colony GeekOut 2014  (Read 7339 times)

Offline Brintte

• Nistia
  • You saw nothing......
    • View Profile
Re: Begeren Colony GeekOut 2014
« Reply #30 on: 01/24/14, 05:10:52 AM »
0 Show voters
Well, I think I can make it to Denver. Depending on A) Money and B) College, but over all C) MOTHER. Yeah... I'm Skinner from the Simpsons, I know. Ili, you mind sending me the link to the hotel's page where I can check prices and what-nots? I only get the hotels here in France since my google turned into google.fr

Offline Nascuyan

• Parjai par Aliit Bes'uliik
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01/24/14, 08:23:59 AM »
0 Show voters
Carpool Vulc. It's about 500 in gas.

Ilireth

« Reply #32 on: 01/24/14, 09:49:37 AM »
0 Show voters
I say bay area. I know there's a lot of us here. Amara, Nas, myself, Aylaa, Anaris(I think?) That's already 5! But I can't go anywhere else, unfortunately. Denver is too expensive of a flight. Portland, So Cal are doable. Maybe even Seattle. Anything off the West coast is prolly out for me.
Tried to do west coast first, like I said. Didn't work.

Ili, you mind sending me the link to the hotel's page where I can check prices and what-nots? I only get the hotels here in France since my google turned into google.fr
We don't usually stay at that hotel specifically, for budget reasons, but rather at an Extended Stay that's right across the street. Address for that location:
4885 S. Quebec St., Denver, CO 80237
http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/co/denver/tech-center-north

But if you still want the main hotel's site: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dentc-denver-marriott-tech-center/

Carpool Vulc. It's about 500 in gas.
Wow. If that's the gas price, flying is way cheaper. I just recently did a round trip Bay Area/Denver flight for under $200.

Offline Nascuyan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01/24/14, 11:05:52 AM »
0 Show voters
If we can get 3 people to carpool it'd still be cheaper, plus a car for in town. And fun.

Ilireth

« Reply #34 on: 01/24/14, 11:29:44 AM »
0 Show voters
If we can get 3 people to carpool it'd still be cheaper, plus a car for in town. And fun.
I didn't mean to suggest NOT carpooling, but if one was only travelling by themselves, I meant to suggest that flying is not overly costly.

Group roadtrips are fun.

Offline Dyven

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01/24/14, 11:45:45 AM »
0 Show voters
Here is what happened last year to give people a idea.  I arrived early in the day on friday and hung out with Illy and Cali.  We ran errands to make sure we had all the gear we needed for the geek out.  After that we headed to the airport and waited for everyone to arrive and stuffed everyone in to my car (And we all will remember fondly the voice of god which may or may not have been Aylaa in the very back with all the luggage giving us directions.)

If people want to carpool in that would be awesome as it would give us a second car to work with but if that is not a option I have no problem carting people around we will just have to do a couple trips this year and just all gather up at the hotel.  Also I am thinking of coming in a day early this year so if anyone wants to fly in the previous night I will be there with transportation ready.

Likely mid to late April I will put out the call for confirmed people coming and I will call the same hotel we stayed at last year and try to get us a group deal on rooms again.  Last year they gave us a little discount on getting three rooms so if we need more we might be able to get them even a bit cheaper.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01/24/14, 12:57:34 PM »
0 Show voters
I didn't mean to suggest NOT carpooling, but if one was only travelling by themselves, I meant to suggest that flying is not overly costly.

Group roadtrips are fun.

Yea not sure what type of car you have to drive from San Francisco to Denver for it to cost 500 bucks...

I mean most "standard" cars fill up on about 40-50 and you can get at least 300 miles out of them.  Surely that would be less than 200 bucks to DRIVE (not counting hotels and food of course)...  split 2, 3, 4 ways...  its "dirt cheap" really.

Now if you're in a H2 that gets 5 miles to a gallon.. well... okey then.  LOL..

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Brintte

• Nistia
  • You saw nothing......
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01/24/14, 02:51:18 PM »
0 Show voters
Thanks Ili. I got my mom's marriot membership, so the Marriot will probably be cheaper for me. Thank you!

Offline Yena

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01/24/14, 03:56:24 PM »
0 Show voters
I'll get Rolly (my partner, the event planner) on the planning of a June 14th event in Toronto, with video connection to the Denver event and anyone else who wants to call in (Odon?) from 4pm-10pm Denver time.

We can likely organise corollary gatherings like brunch/lunch on Sat or dinner Fri if ppl are getting in town early. Right now I think 2 people are pretty certain that they'd come to a Toronto event. More than that and I'd like to hear from you.

Accommodations in TO can be figured out once we know how many people are coming. There's a Holiday Inn near my place where R and I crashed when our tub was getting re-done (the stink, LORD 'A MERCY!) for about $180 CAD/night, but there are hostels and such like. I just need to know how many people are likely to come to TO.

tl;dr -- Toronto event is a go, probably will look pretty much the same as the Denver event. PM me if you're coming.
You are who you tell yourself you are.

Sustained, concentrated effort wins out over passion.

Offline Nascuyan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01/24/14, 04:23:36 PM »
0 Show voters
Yea not sure what type of car you have to drive from San Francisco to Denver for it to cost 500 bucks...

I mean most "standard" cars fill up on about 40-50 and you can get at least 300 miles out of them.  Surely that would be less than 200 bucks to DRIVE (not counting hotels and food of course)...  split 2, 3, 4 ways...  its "dirt cheap" really.

According to Google maps it's 1250 miles each way. So 437.50 in gas assuming I get 20 miles to the gallon for a round trip and don't deviate from the path by more than like 30ish miles. (To make the above figure round.)
« Last Edit: 01/24/14, 04:26:29 PM by Nascuyan »

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01/24/14, 06:21:45 PM »
0 Show voters
Hope you guys all have a great time!
Should try and organize an event in Australia some time...>.>

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Master of Myserty
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01/24/14, 08:09:05 PM »
0 Show voters

According to Google maps it's 1250 miles each way. So 437.50 in gas assuming I get 20 miles to the gallon for a round trip and don't deviate from the path by more than like 30ish miles. (To make the above figure round.)

Damn.. .and yea there we go...  I was thinking more like...600 miles...  gotcha.. gotta widen the distance :)..

THen yea..cheaper to fly? lol

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Niavaloo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01/24/14, 09:59:48 PM »
0 Show voters
So, I am leaning towards going to Denver because peeer pressure. Even though Toronto is soooo much closer. T.T

I can potentially pick people up from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska.
« Last Edit: 01/24/14, 10:04:24 PM by Niavaloo »

Offline Yena

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01/24/14, 10:49:45 PM »
0 Show voters
Boo-HISS! Come to TORONTO!!! We have cake!

And better beer...

:evil:
You are who you tell yourself you are.

Sustained, concentrated effort wins out over passion.

Offline Niavaloo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01/24/14, 11:07:30 PM »
0 Show voters
Boo-HISS! Come to TORONTO!!! We have cake!

And better beer...

:evil:

:cry:

If only I could be in two places at once! Where is Taelios when you need him?! Clone meeee