BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

August 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Aug 16: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Aug 16: Jedi Night: A Night at the Museum - 7:00 PM PST
Aug 23: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Aug 23: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Could this be a clue of a new race/planet on the horizon?  (Read 509 times)

Offline Jedibehr

• Founding member of Altaholics Anonymous
    • View Profile

Offline Saberlain

• I remember Life... Glad it's over.
    • View Profile
Re: Could this be a clue of a new race/planet on the horizon?
« Reply #1 on: 07/18/14, 05:49:43 PM »
0 Show voters
I'd guess planet... Since Selkath can't speak basic if I remember correctly.

Offline Semah

• The sand remembers where the river was.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/18/14, 05:55:56 PM »
0 Show voters
Sweet.

Maybe we'll get more lore on the relative merits and costs of kolto vs. bacta.

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/18/14, 06:10:57 PM »
0 Show voters
My guess is with Saberlain's: it's a new planet.

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/18/14, 06:49:46 PM »
0 Show voters
I forget which one it was, but one of the community cantina USB's had images of a ton of Selkath heads... as in, the sort that'd be put on bodies to create NPC's/PC's, not severed sorts >_>.

As to the Basic bit... I dunno. None of the Selkath in KOTOR spoke basic, but the Selkath back then were hugely isolationist and big on neutrality, only having one city accessible to non-oceanic species. Maybe they can speak Basic, but just didn't because, well, isolationism tends to preclude the speaking of other languages?

Dunno. Probably just a new planet.

EDIT: ...and definitely a new planet, and like in KOTOR, sounds like its a planet full of Isolationist Assholes.

Seriously, what else can you say when they go "How dare the Republic not destroy the Empire for our sakes, after the Empire bombed our world and we've acted like self-absorbed pricks for the last several centuries! Clearly the Republic is just as bad as the Empire, even though the Republic weren't the ones nuking us from orbit!"

...it's like being pissed off at police officers for not stopping a gang from shooting up your house. Sure, seems reasonable... but not if you've been telling the Police to piss off, not paying your taxes, refusing to recognize their authority except for the times that you need their help.

Seriously, if I were the Republic? I'd probably tell the Sith "Lets have a truce so we can both nuke that damn planet from orbit. It's the least they deserve."
« Last Edit: 07/18/14, 07:09:53 PM by Orell »
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07/18/14, 07:41:08 PM »
0 Show voters
The Sith may have bombed us into prehistory, but the Republic is just as bad because FISHBRAIN THINK BAD.  WANT FISHFOOD.  WANT LITTLE CASTLE WITH DIVING SUIT AND BUBBLES.
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Thrax

• Parts Donor
  • I'll make a martyr out of you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07/18/14, 07:47:44 PM »
0 Show voters
The Sith may have bombed us into prehistory, but the Republic is just as bad because FISHBRAIN THINK BAD.  WANT FISHFOOD.  WANT LITTLE CASTLE WITH DIVING SUIT AND BUBBLES.

This is what the Selkath actually believe. Also most of the Jedi. I hope we get to fight firaxan land sharks.

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07/18/14, 08:15:29 PM »
0 Show voters
2 Things:

1: Speculation on teh forums is that this will be a new Flashpoint, not a full on Planet. I hope the forums are wrong, but there ya go.

2: I want to be clear: I think the Selkath are asshole, self-obsessed isolationist douchebags... and that's what Bioware is aiming for.

For example, the line "Like how the flutter of a single fin is said to culminate in a great wave, it seemed as though our actions caused the Empire to crash and disperse" basically is saying "Revan? Revan who? No, no, it was US, cutting the Empire off from Kolto, that destroyed them!"

That truly does speak to a mindset that outsiders are inferior to the Selkath. Same with "More and more, we Selkath turned to our Force-wielding Order of Shasa--so named for the brave architect of the Sith’s ouster--for guidance": Shasa played a huge part, sure, but the brave architect was, again, Revan, who risked his life to get Shasa to realize what was happening.

(of course, this is the canonical Super-LS-aside-from-boning-Bastilla Revan)

I don't think it's poorly written. I think it's written with the intent to show that the Selkath nationalistic pride is still alive and strong, that because they have the Kolto, they don't need to care about the petty conflicts that go on outside they're waters, they'll be just fine if they remain neutral.

Just as the Selkath of the Jedi Civil War thought, until the Sith's machinations were well known.
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07/19/14, 12:33:18 AM »
0 Show voters

Seriously, if I were the Republic? I'd probably tell the Sith "Lets have a truce so we can both nuke that damn planet from orbit. It's the least they deserve."

Well, we make our own RP events....

Sounds like fun to me...and something that we can all do together! 

:evil:  :rage:

:aww:

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood