BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: The sparkliest, pinkest of Jedi.  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Armeria

• "Impenetrable face of boing." --Tae
    • View Profile
The sparkliest, pinkest of Jedi.
« on: 05/08/15, 06:04:27 AM »
0 Show voters
Hi there!

Real life name's Mel. I'm (depending on what age a reader is) an ancient, wizened, soon-to-be 37 year old glitter and Star Wars addict that was a founder, returning to game. (Thanks to a friends donation of a 3 month time card, woo!)

Some of you (or maybe none of you?) may remember me from such hits as: Jahnya, the Jedi Sage, or Malign (Had to be renamed, "Mallign," the Sith icicle of sassy distant pants.) I was part of  Redeemed as Jahnya, and part of...House...IDon'tRememberGodIamOld as Malign eons ago when we had to clack rocks together to get people to group with us in Flashpoints.

Anyhoo, I have returned and am slowly lurkin in ur rpz around Begeren (specifically, this site) and getting the feel of things again. I decided to re-start a Sage because I have no idea what de buttons do on my level 50 anymore. Other than the crafting. So this seemed a good idea.

Seems like a lot of RP is happening in Guild strongholds/ships or such, as I don't see as much as I used to bumming around the fleet/Major planets. If there ARE any groups who hold open RP nights on planets/cantinas, I'd love to come lurk and see if I can sand off some of these rusty rp flakes.

Uhm. Gosh I suck at intros. I meander. Uh--I have five rescue cats, four rescue parrots and one husband. ...Who is not a rescue, but I am pretty sure he rescued me. I like ALL CAPS SHENANIGANS ooc, consider myself pretty okay to chat with and like long walks at DIDNEY WORL!

Hi there, again! Nice ta meetcha.

Offline Audaine

• Parts Donor
  • <Flailing Intensifies>
    • View Profile
Re: The sparkliest, pinkest of Jedi.
« Reply #1 on: 05/08/15, 06:18:52 AM »
+1 Show voters
Seems like a lot of RP is happening in Guild strongholds/ships or such, as I don't see as much as I used to bumming around the fleet/Major planets. If there ARE any groups who hold open RP nights on planets/cantinas, I'd love to come lurk and see if I can sand off some of these rusty rp flakes.

I tried telling them to keep some of the RP in open world, I really did. :cry:

Hello from East Coast Australia! :whee: It's always a pleasure to see some new faces around the block. If you're looking for some cozy-as-heck places for your characters, I'd suggest poking at the GuildNet tab above (Perhaps the Jedi Custodum for your Jedi? As for Sith, there's so many to choose from!) And I'd also suggest poking at some of the weekly events (Such as Dancer's Palace which is tomorrow/today at around 7PM Western time USA, but don't take my rough estimate as exact word! Check in the OOC chats.)

As for the OOC chats, if you've not already encountered them...

/cjoin ImperialOOC
/cjoin RepublicOOC
Both of thes channels I'd advise joining on their respective factions. So if you have Imperial alts, go ImpOOC. Republic, RepOOC.

Also, though it's not exactly as popular as it once was, I'd also give /cjoin RP a shot (Which is available to both factions!)

Hopefully I'll see you around on one of my great many characters some time. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR VENTURES!  :aww:

[ ^ What? I actually update this link now? ^ ]

Offline Huntress

• "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/08/15, 06:25:10 AM »
+2 Show voters
From what I know most of the main weekly events are done in Strong Holds, minus Rishi of course. Rishi day is Monday, although due to the lack of people with the expansion it's not as popular. Tuesdays the Dark Network has decided to start having a guild night, though I don't know if that really applies. Wednesday is War room so if you don't have a Imperial character than you can't really attend. Thursday is Jedi night, usually run by the Costodum, I'm not in all honesty a Pub player so I don't know if their Strong Hold is publicly listed or not? Finally Friday, from what I know is publicly listed for the pub side. Imps have to get an invite to Minette's stronghold; which is where Dancer's Palace is located.

I also find it slightly disappointing that there is almost no open rp anymore, it's what I'm used to since I transferred over from Jung Ma. Hopefully you can find a nice place or group to role play with so you won't be too rusty anymore. Dancer's Palace is tonight so maybe try that?

Offline Armeria

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/08/15, 06:38:04 AM »
0 Show voters
Thank you both! I've joined the OOC Republic chat and RP chat a few days ago and kept an eye on it. Mostly silent--though I am in EST time zone and tend to play mornings/afternoons--that might hamper a bit of catching some RP action, but I'll try!

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/08/15, 07:37:03 AM »
+1 Show voters
Thursday is Jedi night, usually run by the Costodum, I'm not in all honesty a Pub player so I don't know if their Strong Hold is publicly listed or not? Finally Friday, from what I know is publicly listed for the pub side. Imps have to get an invite to Minette's stronghold; which is where Dancer's Palace is located.

I also find it slightly disappointing that there is almost no open rp anymore, it's what I'm used to since I transferred over from Jung Ma. Hopefully you can find a nice place or group to role play with so you won't be too rusty anymore. Dancer's Palace is tonight so maybe try that?

The Custodum HQ Stronghold is publicly listed and you can also ask for invites to Jedi night. It is not restricted to only Jedi though. Basically you need to be a republic character or allied with/not hostile to the Jedi at least. I also believe that Imps can get keys which allow you to travel to the palace at your leisure from Minnette's imp alts. There is occasional RP out in the open but it is sporadic.

Between griefers an the sheer ridiculousness of what happens "ICly" in some open places, I believe people are reluctant to keep trying to RP out in the open. Occasionally, there will be RP on Fleet or Tython or something though. However, watching OOC chat should at least help you know when spontaneous RP is forming. I have a tendency to invite people to spontaneous RP through the OOC channel and it's usually open to anyone who wants to drop in.

...Oh, and Hi sparkly, pink Jedi. :wave:
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/08/15, 01:39:24 PM »
+1 Show voters
Hi and welcome from a mom and teacher who's even older than you! :grin: One is NEVER too old for Star Wars!

The ooc channels are probably your best tool for finding rp outside of the regularly schedule events. It isn't unusual for a small group to gather for some social rp either in a cantina (often Slippery Slopes on Nar Shaddaa) or at Dancer's Palace (keys to any who want one, just ask!). Even for the impromptu rp, the Palace is a popular place, as it offers a comfortable setting, guaranteed to be troll free.

The time slot you're playing does, I think, have a smaller crowd, but there are others in the community on at most hours of the day and night, so be patient and persistent is my best advice!

You can also read through some of the writings here, look at the arcs that some guilds have listed with their guild descriptions on the GuildNet, and see if there's any specific rp you'd like to hook into, and then pm the people involved to work with them on hooking you up!

Hope we'll see you at the Palace tonight!

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/08/15, 02:12:25 PM »
+1 Show voters
eons ago when we had to clack rocks together to get people to group with us in Flashpoints.

I can't find my rocks anywhere. Any suggestions? I might have kept them with my marbles. I lost those too...

and like long walks at DIDNEY WORL!

I have no idea what the hell DIDNEY WORL is, however I just returned from several long walks at Disneyland, to the tune of 10,000 to 15,000 steps a day according to my friend's pedometer. That's roughly a 10 kilometer walk, every day.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Cordae

• "Gird your souls with the armor of contempt..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05/08/15, 03:38:50 PM »
+1 Show voters
eons ago when we had to clack rocks together to get people to group with us in Flashpoints.

I can't find my rocks anywhere. Any suggestions? I might have kept them with my marbles. I lost those too...

I have no idea what the hell DIDNEY WORL is, however I just returned from several long walks at Disneyland, to the tune of 10,000 to 15,000 steps a day according to my friend's pedometer. That's roughly a 10 kilometer walk, every day.

I feel compelled to educate. (also - Hi Armeria!! Look forward to RPing with you :D )

DIDNEY WORL is a meme taken from the...say, "inopportune" shots that come with drawn animation. The in-between pieces that separate flip-books from feature films of childhood glee.

It's also funny as hell.

« Last Edit: 05/08/15, 03:41:51 PM by Cordae »

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05/08/15, 03:55:46 PM »
0 Show voters

I feel compelled to educate. (also - Hi Armeria!! Look forward to RPing with you :D )

DIDNEY WORL is a meme taken from the...say, "inopportune" shots that come with drawn animation. The in-between pieces that separate flip-books from feature films of childhood glee.

It's also funny as hell.

I...this is...

I can't stop laughing.

Also hey! Welcome back!

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Master of Myserty
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Armeria

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05/08/15, 06:03:51 PM »
0 Show voters
YISS! That's exactly what I look like anytime I go to DIDNEY WORL! (I live in Florida, so we get the better larger park.)

Also, wow, so many wonderful replies thank you SO much! I'm so happy to see RP thriving. I kinda understand moving to strongholds and such. Control over trolls, less interruptions and some modicum of customizing. (I just got a stronghold myself and I'm dreadfully aware of how un-decorated it is ROFL.)

I'll try and catch up on some reading and who to contact for RP settings keys/visits and such. Thanks again for the awesome welcomes!

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05/08/15, 06:10:04 PM »
+1 Show voters
I'll try and catch up on some reading and who to contact for RP settings keys/visits and such. Thanks again for the awesome welcomes!

You can also ask around in game in the OOC channels too. :) Have fun. If you come to the Dancer's Palace tonight around 9 pm Server time, you'll meet my droid character Seenine.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • And now it's found us like I have found you
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05/08/15, 06:44:37 PM »
+1 Show voters
Pinkesr prettiest Jedi makes me oddly and ridiculously excited to see your character, man. I gotta tell you, I'm expecting pink dyed robes and everything. DON'T LET ME DOWN NOW. :darkside:

Hello and welcome :aww:
My drawing was not of a hat.
It was of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Bolas

« Reply #12 on: 05/09/15, 11:25:30 AM »
+2 Show voters

It's also funny as hell.

I...this is...

I can't stop laughing.

Also hey! Welcome back!

Offline Armeria

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05/09/15, 05:41:36 PM »
+1 Show voters
Oh man. Soon as I can afford some pink dye, it's ON!

Also: I'm going to DIDNEY WORL in Sept for three days for a friends wedding! IM TEH PRONCOSS

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05/10/15, 01:49:44 PM »
+1 Show voters
I can help!  :whee:

I actually have a couple pink/black's I could pass you. I have an all-in-pink character myself and I stocked up on them when they were on sale for Valentine's day. I also have a whole bunch of different types of pink crystals from packs, if you'd like a pink lightsaber!

I can help with your stronghold too, if you'd like a hand... because I'm much too addicted to decorating, so now that my strongholds are full, I spend my credits on decorations for others and help them get their strongholds decorated... yeah, that addicted.  :grin: