BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

June 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jun 21: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 22: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST
Jun 25: Indie Night - 7:30 PM Pacific
Jun 28: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 28: All-Galaxy Combat Tournament

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Mirialan question  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Mirialan question
« on: 08/13/16, 01:37:15 AM »
0 Show voters
For those of you who already play a Mirialan, it's one of the few species I haven't played yet. I've been reading up on their beliefs and cultural practices and find them very interesting. But, here's my question, would it be believable for a Mirialan padawan to end up with a human Jedi Master? What are your thoughts on it?

Offline Kezie

• View Profile
Re: Mirialan question
« Reply #1 on: 08/13/16, 06:50:35 AM »
0 Show voters
I think its very believable that a Mirialan can have a human Jedi master. There would not be much problem with that even back in the old republic days.
May the force serve us well!!!

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08/13/16, 06:53:00 AM »
0 Show voters
I actually just made my first Mirialan myself, so I'm going through the same thing you are. The Jedi order did not segregate by race, so anyone can end up as anyone's master!
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline SquigglyV

• Will you walk into my parlour?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08/13/16, 07:34:53 AM »
0 Show voters
There actually isn't that much out there about mirialan culture as far as I can find, despite being the sexiest species in Star Wars. But having a human master has been done by NPCs and players alike so I doubt there's a problem with it! Even if it wasn't possible culturally, they could have grown up in another culture and wouldn't know or care about how most mirialan do it.

My mirialan Sith has a human master, and the Jedi discriminate a lot less so it should be possible!

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08/13/16, 08:56:55 AM »
0 Show voters
I tend to imagine that a lot of the more specific Jedi cultural traditions, like Mirialans training Mirialans or padawan beads or Zabrak getting tattoos, etc., are opt-in kind of things rather than requirements. Something to do if it holdd meaning for the individual Jedi but not needed. They are all Jedi first and foremost. Training padawans in the first place and making sure the next generation of Jedi know what they are doing I'd think would be the most important thing, especially in the current timeline where numbers are few.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08/13/16, 01:28:49 PM »
+1 Show voters
It is part of Mirial's agreement with the Jedi, however. The reason they agreed to have their children given to the Order was because of the promise that their children would be taught their culture even if they became Jedi. Mirialans believe that each of their individual actions affect the destiny of the whole species, so you can begin to see why that's so important.

However! It is RP, and it's mostly about you having fun! We're also in a tumultuous time for the Jedi Order--masters die, Padawans get separated... if you want to have a human master for your green, tattooed Padawan, then I think you can get away with it even by snobby lore standards.
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera