BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Mandalorian Looking For A Home  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Pumpkin

• View Profile
Mandalorian Looking For A Home
« on: 01/23/17, 04:03:27 PM »
0 Show voters
Hello folks! In the interest of actually having a character who can like...do stuff, I made a Mandalorian character, who now needs a home (and you can have him for the low low price of nothing!). There were a few things I was considering, and I wanted to toss this down and see if I got a response.

Option 1, the most obvious is, are there any Mando RP guilds out there anymore? I only saw one, but wanted to see if there were others too!

Option 2, which I doubt will go anywhere but hey, why not, was making a Mando guild myself! Is there any interest for such a thang? All I'd really need would be three people.

Anyway, that's it. Thanks for looking at this, at least!

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Re: Mandalorian Looking For A Home
« Reply #1 on: 01/23/17, 04:13:16 PM »
0 Show voters
A few of us have joined Mando Mercs, http://begerencolony.org/index.php?action=sgroups;sa=view;gid=85 which is trying to rebuild and has never had an rp component before, but is open to it. The alts we put in there aren't necessarily our most active characters, but it gives up a place to build some Mando rp.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01/23/17, 05:20:39 PM »
0 Show voters
Also in Mando Mercs! It's not the most active (when I log into my characters in it I'm usually the only one online), but if you're interested it'd definitely be nice to see some other faces around. It's where most of my Impside toons are currently resting.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Pumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01/23/17, 05:31:17 PM »
0 Show voters
Yeah, that sounds good! I'll try to hang around on my Mando for a bit and catch one of you guys whenever I can. What has been figured out so far IC for the guild? Is it one clan, a union of clans, something else...?

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01/23/17, 05:43:35 PM »
0 Show voters
Yeah, that sounds good! I'll try to hang around on my Mando for a bit and catch one of you guys whenever I can. What has been figured out so far IC for the guild? Is it one clan, a union of clans, something else...?
Union of clans, @SivWysan could fill you in a bit more on the details there. Me, Seraphie, and Siv should all be able to send you invites! I usually log onto those alts on Wednesdays and Fridays, but might be around sooner.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01/23/17, 07:31:42 PM »
0 Show voters
Hi Pumpkin!  Yes I love Mandos though being a mostly pubside heavy player, and running my own guild its been hard to build critical mass thus far.  Still, with more people joining I'd love to explore more RP events or possibilities.  GM is less of an RPer but supports us in doing whatever we decide to grow it, has a nice ship and starting Yavin base so good possibilibiles

At present the guild is basically RP-wise determined by the folks who already replied (few others here joined so feel free to chime in too, but not much RP I"m aware of yet).  We've only had a few meetings to my knowledge, more 2-3 chatting at any given time IC about affiliating with BC.org's Coalition/Alliance group and starting to go on missions.  Far as I know fairly diverse as far as Imp or Pub or independent merc leanings, most PC's represent leading members of a few free-thinking Clans gathering together in light of the new Mandalore, interested in bringing back tradition and mando honor but not forcing any specific agendas.  As th Coalition as a whole may be starting to splinter or decide its post-KOtet identity in recent weeks, might be a good excuse to have more Mando nights and decide what comes after for us. 

If any nights essp good for folks, let me know.  Maybe do something once a month to start, or find other ways to interact more via thread or side plots. 
« Last Edit: 01/23/17, 07:43:26 PM by SivWysan »

Offline Pumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01/23/17, 08:19:01 PM »
0 Show voters
That sounds great! For invites, I friended the alts that the Guildnet page said were part of the guild, so I'll bother you guys for invites if I see you (my character's name is Verun Reth, btw). I'm still working on IC stuff for him, so I'll be super-flexible for that stuff, and I would also be extremely down for some Mando nights! At the moment, pretty much any night except Tuesdays and Sundays works for me (I'm PST, which I believe is server time).

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01/23/17, 09:06:33 PM »
0 Show voters
My Mandalorian, Orten Yaitz, might want a word with you folks...
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01/24/17, 05:15:11 AM »
0 Show voters
If any nights essp good for folks, let me know.  Maybe do something once a month to start, or find other ways to interact more via thread or side plots.
Tuesdays are free for me! Ironically. Since Imp night is every other night, maybe alternating with it on Mondays could work?

@Joshmaul - A good word or a threatening word? :shifty: More the merrier either way!

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01/24/17, 01:36:09 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm certainly down for a more regular Mando-night if there is enough interest.  Sounds like Tuesdays bad for Pumpkin, alternating Mondays with Imp-night weeks seems like a good way to offer some weekly Imp-side RP and allow for cross-visits between the two.  Do any others have strong feelings on times/days?  Maybe 7 pm server as that's when many events are as is?  (as an aside I'm EST, but the timing works for me for moment though can't got as late as some heh).

I can't personally run all the time, but starting with some casual intro RP and round-robin GMing story ideas as Imp Night does sounds like a good idea.  Happy to contribute some of the time.  Maybe we could can start a new thread to fill in planning as things develop. like Noth has for Imp Night? 

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01/24/17, 02:10:32 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm certainly down for a more regular Mando-night if there is enough interest.  Sounds like Tuesdays bad for Pumpkin, alternating Mondays with Imp-night weeks seems like a good way to offer some weekly Imp-side RP and allow for cross-visits between the two.  Do any others have strong feelings on times/days?  Maybe 7 pm server as that's when many events are as is?  (as an aside I'm EST, but the timing works for me for moment though can't got as late as some heh).

I can't personally run all the time, but starting with some casual intro RP and round-robin GMing story ideas as Imp Night does sounds like a good idea.  Happy to contribute some of the time.  Maybe we could can start a new thread to fill in planning as things develop. like Noth has for Imp Night?

Sorry to derail your thread Pumpkin. XD

New thread sounds good, I would be happy to help with hosting, since I already have a character I'm really invested in who can host (unlike for Imp Nights) pretty easily since she's an outgoing and easy character to RP. I am backing off a bit from Imp Nights since we have lots of talented co-hosts already who are much more enthusiastic about the Empire than I am. XD It will also make the occasional crossover pretty fun.

Offline Pumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01/24/17, 03:51:34 PM »
0 Show voters
Sorry to derail your thread Pumpkin. XD

Oh, I don't mind. I started up this thread so that I could find some Mando RP, and it did! It's a success!

I went ahead and started a thread in the proper place, though! http://begerencolony.org/index.php?topic=4682.msg53038;topicseen#new

Offline Malkisho

• The Krais Enclave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01/26/17, 10:50:50 AM »
0 Show voters

Can someone add Nevid to the guild?
“If I am forced to use a sword in combat, I just swing it around like a baseball bat while screaming, at the top of my lungs: 'There can be only one!' Which, if done correctly, is surprisingly effective.” - Sterling Archer

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01/26/17, 05:35:00 PM »
0 Show voters
Best thing is to hop on impooc and republicooc evenings, ask if any on.  Noth, Serephie, most of us have invites.  I'll be on about an hour but tend to hang pubside for guild stuff weeknights happy to hop.