BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

June 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jun 18: Indie Night - 7:30 PM Pacific
Jun 21: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 22: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST
Jun 25: Indie Night - 7:30 PM Pacific

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Organized Operations - Training and Runs for the Community  (Read 4383 times)

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
Re: Organized Operations - Training and Runs for the Community
« Reply #15 on: 03/27/17, 07:02:30 PM »
0 Show voters
I can reserve if you need it, but considering my absence of even the raiding guild, it'd probably be on a case by case where you need a fill.

Speaking of, I should do a post on me being Mia on the guild forum.
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03/29/17, 07:23:12 AM »
0 Show voters
Pubside would be my preference, could try and get some more Wraiths as we had 4-5 dedicated folks over the summer though I'll have to see who can commit at this point.  We had a member willing to make endgame gear for folks too. 

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04/15/17, 04:26:07 PM »
0 Show voters
Sorry it took me a while to update this, but I can provide a few more nailed down details that might help any folks still on the fence decide if they want to join. I'll also lay out the team as I currently see it, based on past replies.

Decided Elements

Faction: Republic
Time: Saturday nights, every other week. Starting time will be either 8 or 9 PM server time.

Possible Team Composition

Healers
Niarra (Organizer)
Dassalya
Healers, Reserve
Nicohlas

Tanks
Cyone
Elaeis
Tanks, Reserve
Erednash
Niarra (if roles need to be juggled, would necessitate Nicohlas stepping in to heal)

DPS
Zaxximus (Organizer)
Seraphie
Sebrik
DPS, Reserve
Elaeis (if roles need to be juggled, would necessitate Erednash or Niarra stepping in to tank)
Niarra (if roles need to be juggled, would necessitate Nicohlas stepping into heal)

With the above confirmed participants, we could be guaranteed a full group if either Nicohlas or Erednash step in from reserves on any given night.

Ideally, we could do with one more DPS. Someone who is new to Ops would be ideal, given the purpose of the project, but we certainly won't turn away experienced help willing to reserve.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Erednash

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04/15/17, 04:54:50 PM »
0 Show voters
If this is going on Pub side, I won't be able to tank, since my main's Imp side. I DO have a DPS pub side, need to finish leveling her, but it's  the only feasible option at the moment. And seeing as I've never done OPS as a DPS...

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04/15/17, 05:54:39 PM »
0 Show voters
If this is going on Pub side, I won't be able to tank, since my main's Imp side. I DO have a DPS pub side, need to finish leveling her, but it's  the only feasible option at the moment. And seeing as I've never done OPS as a DPS...

Ered, if learning the fights as a DPS is actually of interest to you, that would totally work! In the event that neither of the two "main" tanks could make a given night then I can tank as backup, so we have a couple layers of reserves to allow for you switching to the DPS category with no problem.

Although this doesn't necessarily apply to you (since it sounds like you just don't have a tanking class on Pub side), it feels like a good point at which to throw out a general suggestion for folks: One thing I often recommend is that people stick their mods into a set of legacy armor so that they can transfer it cross-faction as needed. In addition to enabling cross-faction, it also works really well if you don't want to have to fully augment multiple sets across characters; you can just augment one set of legacy shells and then move that around. (Granted you still have to pay to strip mods out when you ship things across, but that's still cheaper than fully gearing up multiple characters, for those who don't already maintain a stable of raiding alts.)

It's also worth pointing out to folks that you don't need to be level 70 to participate in Story Mode ops. I believe (and welcome correction if I've got the number wrong) that starting at level 50 you can join a mixed level party for Ops and you will be bolstered up to 70.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04/16/17, 07:56:48 AM »
0 Show voters
Unless something has changed very recently you can run a 50+ in story mode as everyone is bolstered up tp 70. We have leveled up toons 4-5 levels in a single ops if I recall. Obviously the higher level the better as it unlocks more skills, utilities, gear, etc. With the event still running for a couple of days, consumable boosts, and the XP armor (if you have it) you can level 4-5 levels in an hour's worth of dailies.

While I would also prefer to have new tanks learning the fights and supporting the purpose of this project, I can always bring in my tanks as well if needed if it would create a full group. I would prefer to DPS and help others learn the tanking role but if it were the difference between running and canceling I would be happy to tank (plenty of tanking experience).

Nice work, this is looking to come together nicely. Looking forward to participating and meeting some new players. I am here to support Niarra but am also happy to answer questions and help people through operations, flashpoints, uprisings, etc.

Zax

Offline Hannith

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04/17/17, 01:30:05 PM »
0 Show voters
I am quite new to ops and would love to fill a DPS role, if that is still needed. Thank you. :)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05/01/17, 01:21:31 AM »
0 Show voters
Ok, team - we've got a team! According to previously expressed interest (and people's confirmation on being able participate on Republic side in these roles), the below is our roster.

I would like to look at starting our runs in late May or early June (giving it plenty of time so that folks can prepare). During that lead-in time I'll be making a couple posts about gear and other readiness steps that people will need to take in preparation for tackling the project (such as Discord server info among other things). At the bottom of this post I'll also have some scheduling questions for folks.

Team Composition

Healers
Niarra (Organizer)
@Dassalya
Healers, Reserve
@Nicohlas

Tanks
@Cyone
@Elaeis
Tanks, Reserve
Niarra
Zaximus

DPS
@Zaximus (Organizer)
@Seraphie
@Sebrik
@Hannith
DPS, Reserve
@Erednash
Niarra
Elaeis

This party makeup has us with 5 out of 8 members either fairly new to the game's Operations, or new to the role they are playing - which is great for the goal of the project! We've also got at least one layer of reserves in the event someone can't make a night, which is good (although of course sometimes scheduling conflicts will kill a night regardless, and that's ok if it happens).

If you are on the above roster (including as one of our reserves) but your circumstances have changed and you think you might no longer be able to participate, please let me know. And likewise if you are not here but you would like to volunteer as a reserve player, let me know as well.

So, for folks who are still on board with the project, I need some input on the below scheduling questions:

1. Is every other Saturday night a good day for you?
2. Would a 8 PM server time work as a starting time for you? (And if not, please propose an alternate time.)
3. Can everyone commit to two hours per scheduled night?

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05/01/17, 01:28:05 AM »
0 Show voters

I work every other Saturday (two weeks day-shift, two-weeks night shift) so as long as the scheduling corresponds to my work schedule I'll be good to go. :)

2. Would a 8 PM server time work as a starting time for you? (And if not, please propose an alternate time.)

If I have the day off or am working day-shifts I can make that. If I'm working a night-shift I can't.

Yes.

Offline Erednash

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05/01/17, 03:00:05 AM »
0 Show voters
Niarra, in response to your questions:

1: Yes.

2: That would put it at rather late for me, but I can still make it.

3: Yes.

Offline NovaZero

• Life is the enemy, Death is our solace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05/01/17, 07:49:44 AM »
0 Show voters
Still gathering names?
Heads up! Most of my roleplay is done over Discord!

Hit me up there if you're keen!
Check profile for plot.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05/01/17, 08:58:29 AM »
0 Show voters
1. Yes, still interested! And I have Minnette geared thanks to some help from friends and some awesome birthday gifts!

2. and 3. I should be able to make this work.

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05/01/17, 09:21:23 AM »
0 Show voters
Yes to all three.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05/01/17, 11:17:06 AM »
0 Show voters
I just got a new job (yayyayayaI'msoexcitedyayayayayay!) and we're still working out what, exactly, my hours will be. Depending on how early I start, and if I work Sundays, ending at ten might be a little late for me (even bumping it up a half hour would make it 100% viable for me). However, it might also be a moot issue! I'll confirm as soon as I'm able.
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Zaximus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05/01/17, 01:34:36 PM »
0 Show voters
Most all Saturdays work for me

Yes

Yes