BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

June 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jun 21: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 22: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST
Jun 25: Indie Night - 7:30 PM Pacific
Jun 28: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 28: All-Galaxy Combat Tournament

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Iokath RP  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
Re: Iokath RP
« Reply #15 on: 05/11/17, 11:06:26 AM »
0 Show voters
Ooh yes! Need to get Mei to Iokath's surface to play! I like the idea Nic! (though this week isn't a good week for me).
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05/11/17, 05:12:35 PM »
0 Show voters
That would be a totally great event idea(S).  :aww: :halo:

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05/11/17, 06:20:42 PM »
0 Show voters
Now, to be clear, Iokath does not pop up until you complete KotET, correct? Because I tried going right at 70, and it's not on the map.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05/11/17, 06:24:05 PM »
0 Show voters
Now, to be clear, Iokath does not pop up until you complete KotET, correct? Because I tried going right at 70, and it's not on the map.

Mission Console on your ship.  Iokath is available at level 70 regardless of KOTET/KOTFE completion.

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05/28/17, 09:50:27 PM »
+1 Show voters
We've had some successful space and exploration RP. I'd like to bring in a military ground assault RP now.

My idea is to plan and schedule an Imperial assault on the Republic base on Iokath. I'd like to incorporate a game mechanic here by involving the use of the new walkers available on Iokath. This is complimentary of <IWSC> lore, since our principal ground unit is an armored infantry division.

For the time being I was just planning on an <IWSC> ground assault on the Republic base, but if there are Pubs and other Imps interested in this I can adjust accordingly.

Let me know what you think.

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05/28/17, 09:55:51 PM »
0 Show voters
We've had some successful space and exploration RP. I'd like to bring in a military ground assault RP now.

My idea is to plan and schedule an Imperial assault on the Republic base on Iokath. I'd like to incorporate a game mechanic here by involving the use of the new walkers available on Iokath. This is complimentary of <IWSC> lore, since our principal ground unit is an armored infantry division.

For the time being I was just planning on an <IWSC> ground assault on the Republic base, but if there are Pubs and other Imps interested in this I can adjust accordingly.

Let me know what you think.

Ummm...  YES. To all of this!

*is giddy*
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05/28/17, 10:08:55 PM »
0 Show voters
Been meaning to post this for a bit, but real life is... well, end of school year usual insanity right now... seriously, I hate my calendar.

That being said, a couple years ago, I helped Dark Assembly out with some rp, providing them with targets to chase. I used one of my characters as a stand in for a temporary character and created the character, the setting, everything for them for their hunt. I didn't make the kills easy for them (just ask @Erednash ) and they didn't always get everything they wanted, and some hunts lasted multiple sessions, but in the end, each character was killable, without my going through losing a character of my own, with ties to all sorts of other players' characters and rp arcs and stories, etc.

I would be happy to help provide some Iokath combat rp in the same way. Looking for a target? Have something in mind? Have nothing in mind? Want a single target or a squad? I can rp that for you. Of course, my availability is limited due to real life, but, I can work with you on scheduling.

So if anyone would like this, pm me and we can start setting something up.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06/05/17, 07:03:34 PM »
0 Show voters
Going to post here what I put in the KotET thread, because it seems an appropriate place to stick the plans I referred to. Adding some spoiler tags though for those who don't want as much information yet about Iokath.

Most of all, I see a lot of potential for rp with the Iokath story, potential to bring us back to a Pub vs Imp with independents trying to weave their way through focus, even if we do still have the Alliance somewhere in the background.

I've already started an arc towards that goal, with the Imp side rp event I ran a few weeks ago. I've created a little of my own Iokath lore, created something to be sought after in multiple pieces, and plan, little by little, to run multiple events to let people chase after pieces and then have fun with the tug of war and race to try to get -all- the pieces and put them together.

Beyond that, I see Iokath as a great place for one-off missions. Jedi looking for some hidden relics of the lost civilisation. Sith looking for some powerful crystals hidden in a biome or a lab. Troopers trying to track down pirates interefering with the Republic's networks on the planet. Smugglers trying to intercept and acquire technology the Empire is shipping off planet. Seriously, lots of ideas, more than I've had in a while.

Spoiler: show
And beyond Iokath, in the story they tell us their forces were sent to a very long list of planets for wargames. What treasures or nightmares might be left behind, hidden on those planets? We know Zakuul is one of those planets, but I can see this leading us on adventures across the galaxy.