BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

June 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jun 18: Indie Night - 7:30 PM Pacific
Jun 21: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 22: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST
Jun 25: Indie Night - 7:30 PM Pacific

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: recoveringgeek's All-Purpose Star Wars thread  (Read 368 times)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
recoveringgeek's All-Purpose Star Wars thread
« on: 10/21/17, 01:12:36 PM »
0 Show voters
When Photobucket updated their terms of service in 2017 and no longer permitted free accounts to use their site for third-party hosting, I lost all my picture links in my various role-playing and story threads (including my long-standing Legacy Thread) since I joined our site!

I have my own Google Photos account now, which should allow me to link to my own photos. I just have to upload my screenshots as I take them if I intend to make any new story threads.

I also have a bunch of cool photos I keep intending to share, and I also want to recreate my Walt Disney World thread from my January 2017 trip as well.

I've copied and pasted my W.D.W. post into this thread, complete with defunct Photobucket links, so I'm aware the links are broken for now until I update the pictures again with updated links! I also have some new stuff to share with you all as I re-organize my photos.
« Last Edit: 10/21/17, 03:32:59 PM by recoveringgeek »
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
Re: recoveringgeek's All-Purpose Star Wars thread
« Reply #1 on: 10/21/17, 01:18:20 PM »
+1 Show voters
From a road trip this past summer...

I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/21/17, 01:20:11 PM »
0 Show voters
Exactly one many months ago, I set coordinates for a distant swamp-infested port of call named Florida. After jumping to lightspeed, I made planetfall in a wonderous land of commerce and intrigue. I navigated treacherous, predator-infested waterways until I found the shadowport I was looking for...

Unfortunately, the damn Empire was already there when I arrived...

During one of my first visits, I made a wrong turn and ended up in some sort of security queue until I was accosted by this guy. You'll notice my lips are moving. Our conversation really did go like this;

Kylo Ren: "There is a map, hidden in a droid. I want that droid."

Captain Jaade: "I'm just a tramp freighter Captain looking to sell some contraband. I thought maybe you could help me out."

Kylo Ren: "..." *points to the exit*

Captain Jaade: "Another time then."

Later on, I hopped on my speeder bike and came across some Padawans dueling in the forest.

Turns out the younger Padawan was on her way to a training session at a local temple. Next thing you know, some hulking Imperial all in black came out to scare off the younglings. She stood her ground.

Soon...

It wasn't more than a few days later, and I ran into this guy again, pacing, moaning on and on about some Force. Our exchange was pretty short. I think I made my point.

Kylo Ren: "The Dark Side calls you. Don't fight it. You can't."

Captain Jaade: "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."

Kylo Ren: "It is a grave decision."

Captain Jaade: "..."

Kylo Ren: "..."

Holorecorder: *click*

What happens when you send a Youngling, disguised as a BB-droid, to get some local refreshment? The vendor sends her back with spare parts... free of charge.

Later, I made my way to a local cantina to make some new contacts.

There was some sort of festival happening while I was there. The locals know how to put on one hell of a light show...

I was ready for a strong drink, but the next thing you know the Youngling handed me some Blue Milk!?

I'd had enough distractions, and it was time to make some credits. See, I've been carrying this ancient trinket in my cargo hold for nearly thirty years. You can't see it clearly in the recording below, so here's an example. It's manufactured by Grenadier, a Jawa lead collectible - circa 1988 - that looks just like this;

However mine was custom, altered to look similar this;

Later I found out the Empire has security holos everywhere, so I paid a local slicer to pull the footage out of circulation for me. It's about 1m:45s long. Click the Play icon. If you can't hear the audio over the damn Bith cantina band,  use your audio receptors.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GUESAzHWFwSlJXTlJLcGNlNnc/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 10/21/17, 03:30:22 PM by recoveringgeek »

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/21/17, 03:41:13 PM »
0 Show voters
This past summer, I bought three of these bottles at different stores, on different days, and was sharing them with my tabletop group, just for the novelty. Then my Youngling came home one day and gave me a fourth bottle; "On a Boat".

Hmm, I feel like I've seen this story somewhere before...