BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: The Outfit Designer WIP Advice Thread  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
Re: The Outfit Designer WIP Advice Thread
« Reply #30 on: 02/21/18, 03:44:14 AM »
0 Show voters
The very first set of armor I ever Just Had To Have (tm) in this game was the Gree scalene armor set.  I'd always pictured it on my first/primary BH char, Ar'elo:

Thing is, I've really come to like the outfit below, especially the hat.  I've loved this hat on her since I first got it years ago.  I've tailored multiple outfits around this hat, including this one, my favorite.  I like the way the cloth hat goes with the "scarf" element on the armor.  I've got Mako done in a matching color scheme, using Commander Viszla's armor (mostly). 

I've been thinking of going with the blue scalene, but if I do that, I have to dye Mako's armor blue/black to match.  The scalene has going for it that it's blue, like her, doesn't look Mandalorian (she's not), and it's glowy, and that amuses me; but the red has the magic hat, and looks/is more individualized. 

Which do you guys like better?
Now is the Pillar established in the Void; now is Asi fulfilled of Asar; now is Hoor let down into the Animal Soul of Things like a fiery star that falleth upon the darkness of the earth.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02/21/18, 10:17:54 AM »
0 Show voters
Which do you guys like better?

I like the glowing blue.

Add the Hat and can you find a Belt or Leggings that have a Tabard or other cloth-component to tie into the Hat? I know there are some great Cloth sash-style Belts?

Mix in some dyes and you might find a winner?
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02/21/18, 01:01:11 PM »
0 Show voters
I already gave my two cents on the red and white outfit (it's awesome!!) but the blue does look better. Maybe keep both around? Blue can be a fancier armor for jobs with less environmental conditions, and the red can be for when she needs to run through dust storms or blend in a little more.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline SquigglyV

• My business, as you know, is fighting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02/21/18, 08:44:51 PM »
0 Show voters
I like the red/white a lot more, that outfit is absolutely stellar tbh. Matching Mako to the scalene outfit might be a problem too, because blue dye in this game honestly looks terrible on almost everything.

I agree with Noth tho, you could keep both! They're both great so it would be a shame to lose either one.

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02/22/18, 03:18:00 AM »
0 Show voters
Mako's done in black/blue now (the undyed Blue Scalene), though I'm still fooling around trying to find my final answer there.

But...picking one *did* allow me to get a matching bike, which I really, really like:

Now I just need to pick new pistols; I had a pair that were red and white, and looked reasonably good (I generally dislike all the pistol models in this game)--umm--Interstellar Regular's Blaster Besh.  I will probably use GR4-STs for her now.

This char (on my old server, and now this one, too) always ends up with the most outfit slots.  9 so far and counting (not as many as some of you have, I'm sure, but most of mine have 5 and only use 1).  I could get a red version of that bike, and use both armor sets, I suppose, and end up putting making into something neutral--a black/white outfit, or gray or such.

« Last Edit: 02/22/18, 03:20:15 AM by Sotekh »
Now is the Pillar established in the Void; now is Asi fulfilled of Asar; now is Hoor let down into the Animal Soul of Things like a fiery star that falleth upon the darkness of the earth.

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02/22/18, 05:51:51 AM »
0 Show voters
Ok, last post on this, then I'll stfu about it. 

Revised Mako:

The blues don't quite match in this shot, as Mako's is highly reflective, and is picking up the overhead lights; in other conditions, they're closer.

At least they look like they're on the same team, without Mako's armor being the exact same set (as with the scalene).

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02/26/18, 10:54:53 PM »
+1 Show voters
Kor Koloth, reformed Revanite.  I like the armor, but loathe the hood that comes with it.  So, option 1 is Tulak Hord's helmet, which is what he's currently wearing:

Option 2 is Revan's mask:

The mask looks weird without a hood, so in this case, the hood isn't nearly as heinous. 

Opinions?

Offline SquigglyV

• My business, as you know, is fighting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02/27/18, 07:42:08 AM »
0 Show voters
That first one with Tulak Hord's helmet is absolutely bloody amazing I say.

Also, worth mentioning that there's a legacy-bound headband from the pub fleet which hides hoods and is small enough to not be too noticeable. In case you ever want to just have your face out. https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/omenbringer/

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02/27/18, 08:43:41 AM »
0 Show voters
Aww is that pub fleet only now?

I got that Awesome Headband (because it forces hoods down!) as a random drop/off the GTN waayyy back in the pre-level-50 days before stores and adaptive armor and all that.  It also has a different name (if anyone wants to know I can tell you - just gotta login and find out..)

I've always pointed it out to people when they ask but I've never known if its still available anywhere - good to know at least its on the pub fleet if nowhere else.

I keep it in my bag at all times, never know when you need to put your hood down! :)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood