BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: (OOC) SoCal Begeren Colony GeekOut - OFFICIAL INVITE  (Read 15951 times)

Offline Colton

• Parts Donor
  • I write. A lot.
    • View Profile
Re: (OOC) SoCal Begeren Colony GeekOut - OFFICIAL INVITE
« Reply #120 on: 08/05/12, 02:40:39 PM »
0 Show voters
.. soooooo, when's part two? ;)

SCIRAN! :D

I had an amazing time this weekend. It played out pretty much exactly as I imagined it would when you get so many of the prominent RPers in our community together in one place. There was a whole lot of OOC talk about stuff happening in-game, both presently and in the future, so many movie references that quotes were flying left and right, and near-instant camaraderie once we got over the "OMG, you're so-and-so and we're actually meeting IRL for the first time!!" and went for food and drinks. And above all else, there was some massive geeking out over our shared interests.

I'm so glad I got to meet all of our out-of-town Fera Intus peeps. I'm VERY glad Remmi didn't give in to the shy and came out to have fun with us. It was an amazing crowd, beyond what I had envisioned when we first started talking about this months ago, and last night will be one to remember. ...Well, maybe not the Razzle/Dazzle joke. Or Lanse and his Hawaiian shirt fashion show. Or the epic Gold Line fail. But hey, at least we had a good long night hanging out, though not near as long as those on the East Coast who joined us on video chat. Jovia, Jaade, Sciran, Vyuka, Sasmi, you are all such troopers for sticking it out as long as you did!

Considering how very well this first event went, I think it's safe to say that a part two is inevitable. But even without an official Geek Out event (which, IMO, should be a whole day affair, not just one evening), I would like to invite my fellow local BCers to the occasional impromptu get-together. Hell, I might even be inclined to throw together and run a little tabletop gaming scenario if we want to go for the Geek Out gold. >.>
Saura Colton - Former Republic slicer/spy
Jace Colton - Captain of the Second Star (retired)
Drexa Nahir - Akar Enclave Master (deceased)

Offline Disara

• Web designer by day and comic book artist by night
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 08/05/12, 02:54:31 PM »
0 Show voters
Thank you everyone for coming! I had a blast and happy that the only issue was the car that broke down on the Gold Line.

I want to thank Jace and Lanse for helping me put this together and White Knight (Sciran) for helping get the word out on the forums. Also thank you Sciran for helping give us the idea to put an event like this together.

And I put up some photos in the showcase gallery section of the GeekOut: http://begerencolony.org/index.php?action=gallery;cat=4

It was amazing to meet you all and hope to do it again.

Offline Jovia

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 08/05/12, 03:14:25 PM »
0 Show voters
Oh. The lip gloss. Of course  ::)
The Communist Domino >.>

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 08/05/12, 03:40:09 PM »
0 Show voters
Thanks for posting those Disara.

Great to see everyone at the table, next best thing to being there.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Garryson

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 08/06/12, 01:13:58 AM »
0 Show voters
First off, the one picture I'm really in... holy shit do I look creepy.

The whole thing was a blast. I'll definitely be there for Round 2. I'm still pretty new to the community so it was fun meeting people OOC before I even saw them IC.

Lanse and Disara about made me piss myself a few times from laughing. Your entire life will get +2 rolls just for meeting those silly bitches.

Mission Successful! Looks like I'll see y'all in Denver next year.

Offline Dyven

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 08/06/12, 08:36:47 AM »
0 Show voters
Hmm, Denver much closer...perhaps that gives me to time to head a little east and south this time and kidnap a few people to get them to Denver. *finger steeple*

Sciran

« Reply #126 on: 08/06/12, 10:50:08 AM »
0 Show voters
Since this thread was about the GeekOut of this passed weekend, I'll be starting up another thread for the April ideas.

Offline Lanse

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 08/06/12, 05:18:11 PM »
0 Show voters
Sciran, I don't know if you were aware, but by the end of the evening the tribal consensus was that you appeared to be a broodingly intense combo of Matt Damon and Kevin Bacon.

But everyone on the chat was great. Heck even the chat format was great. If the chat could have handled 9 people it would have looked like a dysfunctional, nerdified Brady Bunch.

Sciran

« Reply #128 on: 08/06/12, 10:00:41 PM »
0 Show voters
Sciran, I don't know if you were aware, but by the end of the evening the tribal consensus was that you appeared to be a broodingly intense combo of Matt Damon and Kevin Bacon.

Okay, the brooding bit I gotta take offense to. XP
But I have been accused of looking like Matt Damon before. Seriously. The resemblance was a lot closer when the both of us were younger, though, and I'm surprised to hear the accusation still fits. That said - I hope that's a good thing?

Offline Lanse

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 08/07/12, 11:39:42 AM »
0 Show voters
It was a fine thing.  :D