BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: 2.X patch notes, updates, guides  (Read 62434 times)

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
2.X patch notes, updates, guides
« on: 04/24/13, 06:27:40 AM »
0 Show voters
Patch 2.0.1 should be dropping April 24th.

Cartel market updates New trooper armor on the market and some discounts.

Date: Wednesday April 24th, 2013
Duration: 5 hours
Time: 2AM PDT (9AM GMT) to 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)

Vice Commandantís Contraband Pack come online

Patch notes
« Last Edit: 07/29/13, 08:00:38 AM by Sasmi »

Offline Semah

• The sand remembers where the river was.
    • View Profile
Re: SWTOR 2.X Patch notes
« Reply #1 on: 04/24/13, 06:31:38 AM »
0 Show voters
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.0.1/4242013

PvP fixes are a good start:

[DAILY] No Quarter: This Republic mission now requires Level 55.

Level 50+ players who were unable to obtain the PvP missions [DAILY] United We Stand and [DAILY] Zero Tolerance will now be eligible again.

Added a PvP Items vendor to all Warzones. This vendor sells Warzone Adrenals and Warzone Medpacks and will convert Warzone Commendations into Planetary Commendations.

Bolster will no longer grant an increased amount of stats to gear when certain mods are removed while others are left in place.

Decreased the amount of Expertise given via Bolster on Underworld and Arkanian gear.

Characters below level 55 will now receive the proper stat increase from Bolster.

Wins will now be granted properly in the case of a tie.

So: probably not fixing the underlying problem today, but fewer exploits and less OPness in new PvE gear. However, bad news on the space-mission front:

Heroic Space Combat missions no longer reward Elite Commendations.
Increased the number of Basic Commendations rewarded by Heroic Space Combat missions.

:(
« Last Edit: 04/24/13, 06:33:56 AM by Semah »

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/24/13, 11:30:16 AM »
0 Show voters
 :think:
TOR's already announcing stuff for 2.1 now.  They state that the CE Vendor's will get more toys.  Yay!  :whee:

Oh and apparently since 2.0 dropped, the VIP area now contains a mailbox, GTN terminal, cargo bay terminal, and guild bank terminal, all in one spot.

Gee..I wonder what that's a picture of.  SWTOR teasing stuff on their Facebook.
« Last Edit: 04/24/13, 02:20:46 PM by Sasmi/Muki »

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/24/13, 12:20:44 PM »
0 Show voters
I'd still like to see those CE-only outfits made available. Imperial trooper and Republic officer uniforms are too useful to have permanently restricted like that.
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Semah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/24/13, 01:38:34 PM »
0 Show voters
Slicing missions have not been fixed, no matter what the notes say. Also, they did not make the useless biochem component useful for anything. Hopefully they will get crew skills fixed in the next patch...

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04/24/13, 02:39:36 PM »
0 Show voters
Yeah, Space missions are now back to nigh-useless. 3 Basic Comms per day for the Heroics, nothing actually useful for 55's available for Space Comms and while the credit rewards aren't bad for the time spent, there's better options out there.

Sadfaec. Still might do them for fun, but that'd be it.
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline Semah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04/24/13, 02:41:13 PM »
0 Show voters
Those interested in privacy should read my new thread on the latest bug (? or undocumented feature?).

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04/25/13, 10:56:26 AM »
0 Show voters
Slicing missions have not been fixed, no matter what the notes say. Also, they did not make the useless biochem component useful for anything. Hopefully they will get crew skills fixed in the next patch...

Yea, even with Andy Critting on Slicing, getting 100 credits back on a "bountiful yeild" slicing mission just isn't worth it, even witht he occasional bonus mission included. I've been doing the mats now just to make more cash.

And ahh...there's a useless biochem component? That explains the variation in the prices of whats on the GTN. I did not realize that...

For my personal information, semah - is that a biochem sample or compound mat?  I can..stop farming whichever type it is and switch to something more profitable until it gets..useful. 

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Semah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04/25/13, 06:07:16 PM »
0 Show voters
I can confirm I *am* getting 4 purple aug components on a crit, which is better than before. Yet I heard it hadn't been fixed. Hm.

The useless biochem component is viral residue. It's a compound. But the OTHER compound (there are two of each) is very valuable. :(

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04/26/13, 10:34:51 AM »
0 Show voters
2.1 details teased
out.

Quoted from Dulfy:
Cathar, a playable species announced last year, will be introduced in SWTOR Game Update 2.1 as as a cartel coin purchase.

Unlockable via the cartel market for cartel coins (600 cartel coins) . You can convert either an existing character or reroll a new character.
    Unlock is account wide rather than just legacy wide (i.e. applied to all servers, all your legacies)
    Available to all eight classes (both factions)
    Both male and female
    Cool new fur patterns, new hair styles
    Great social emote for your Cathar pride
    Trooper companion Aric Jordan will be have his appearance adjusted to bring him inline with the new Cathar models. He will be utilizing the new fur technology and better reflect how Cathars will look.

A free Race respec....dang....I might revive that bounty hunter as a Cathar....

Something else I dug up on the new update is it's called Game Update 2.1: Customization.

The customization part gives me hope that the barber shop option will be out. As the note about the Cathar states you can convert to a Cathar.  I just hope they give us other options.  *crosses fingers*

Interview with BW about the Cather
« Last Edit: 04/26/13, 10:50:48 AM by Sasmi/Muki »

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04/26/13, 10:51:19 AM »
0 Show voters
Looking at the pictures of the Cathar all I can think of is "Thunder, Thunder, THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

But yeah, if the expansion is called "Customization" maybe we get the barber shop and other customizable goodies!

(Thundercats are on the move, Thundercats are loose! Feel the magic, hear the roar! Thundercats are loose!)
« Last Edit: 04/26/13, 10:53:38 AM by Aylaa »

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04/26/13, 10:53:12 AM »
0 Show voters
Looking at the pictures of the Cathar all I can think of is "Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Playing KOTOR that was all I could think when I met the Cathar. XD

Sciran

« Reply #12 on: 04/26/13, 11:08:48 AM »
0 Show voters
Fenrir has been a Cathar this entire time, don'tcha know? That's why you never saw his face...

>.>;

Sad part? I don't know if I'm joking.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04/26/13, 12:06:23 PM »
0 Show voters
Will..resist...urge...to...turn..Karmic..into...a kittay!

Is..not trying to figure out how that could play out in an RP Setting...some 'horrible accident' (Or experiment gone wrong *cough* Tae *cough*)..turning her into a cathar...

Course, since I can't really play alts...the only way I'd be able to play a cathar is to turn Karmic into one.  *snickers*

Interesting how they get around developing any new-actual-questing-RP stories to attach to the new race.

And I find it beyond nuts that unlocking a race is 4-5 bucks cheaper than buying an outfit. *chuckles*

edit to add: ok after seeing the shots/preview - urge to convert - falling. They have no tails..*snorts*  Course, much easier to explain an expeirment gone wrong that just ends up giving Karmic fur... (haha mary sue that one up - "No I'm actually a Pureblood...I just got furred...")
« Last Edit: 04/26/13, 12:10:39 PM by Karmic »

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04/26/13, 01:57:34 PM »
0 Show voters
Soo many goodies to come in this.  The Old Republic Insider - April 2013

Items of note:

- Character appearance change kiosk
- Armor recoloring option
« Last Edit: 04/26/13, 02:19:52 PM by Sasmi/Muki »