BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

July 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jul 19: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jul 19: A Dread Mind
Jul 20: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Custodum Council II: The Counciling  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
Re: Custodum Council II: The Counciling
« Reply #15 on: 01/28/18, 12:26:16 PM »
0 Show voters
it's just a light beheading don't freak out

There is no Death yea? 

You'll get bettah!  :evil:

(Go more RP stuff... *keeps it on topic not having a jedi and being her lonely sith self..*)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Iaera

• Arbiter
  • Jeeeeeeediiiiiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01/29/18, 08:47:39 PM »
0 Show voters
Updates!

The pieces are moving into position! But with that said, a very clear, explicit statement must be made regarding Council stuff going forward.

This is not and will not become a job for any of the players I've spoken with who have agreed to do Council things. One of the contributing factors to my stepping away from being an active player was that I had stopped RPing for myself and was largely only RPing for other people. Now, I -- and the others -- are happy to do that, that's what the Council is here for! But only some of the time. Or, in painfully blunt terms, when we feel like it.

I want to make Council stuff fun for people, and a way to move plots and advance our collective RP and provide structure and framework and all that good stuff. But that includes making it fun for our Councilors. Already, before any kind of official Council is even yet in place, I have been harassed about Council stuff that is not the reason I am currently online and in-game. I appreciate that people are passionate and enthusiastic and that's awesome! But I and the others need to be able to play our characters (or sometimes just the game) without feeling like chopped liver. That means we will not always be on Council characters. That means we will be doing other things sometimes, and not bothering with this or that bit of Counciling.

So, essentially, the rule is thus: Unless a player is specifically on a Council character and specifically RPing that character in that context, do not harass that player about Council stuff. For example, Iaera milling around a Jedi Night and talking to people would be a fine time to discuss Council stuff IC, or maybe OOC if I am not actively busy talking to someone else. If I am on Iaera but currently in Kuat Mesas, maybe not the best time. If I am on Sibyl-ko RPing an adventure hosted by one of our other fine community members, maybe not the best time.

I can't speak for the others, but if you have Council Stuff you would like to discuss with me in an OOC capacity, you may PM me at any time and I will get back to you when I can!

In short, think of the Council as having office hours: Do not call them at 3 AM, do not stalk them to their cars, do not bother them while they're beating the high score on Dig Dug. And we will all be happier and saner for it!

Thank you!
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fiat justitia ruat clum

Iaera Farworlder - Jedi Master, lightsaber instructor, Jedi Custodum
Sibyl-ko Tanaji - ex-punk, fighter pilot, Argent Squadron
also many alts i never play ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01/29/18, 09:10:12 PM »
0 Show voters
Updates!

If I am on Iaera but currently in Kuat Mesas, maybe not the best time.

Here I thought Iaera just didn't want to talk to Jaade.  :think:
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01/29/18, 11:05:36 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm also in favor of bringing a Council back... though agree having it be a low-stress RP tool (perhaps with focus on the drop-in thread and more ad-hoc support from available Masters over Masters having to vote or all meet save the biggest decisions, to cause less stress?)

Wanted to plug the Council thread, and also the Jedi Field Reports thread I started for more newsy stuff not necc needing Council action.

On the topic of Jedi/Republic relations, my brief 2 cents- respect if majority of Custodum has moved that way, which makes sense if back on Coruscant.  Though I'd gently caution equating "Orthodox" to "Unanimous" or assuming "Old Republic" relations are exactly the same as Prequel era. 

For one thing, the Prequel Jedi had been HIGHLY subjected as an agency under the Republic Judicial office (because too many haughty Jedi Nobles running around in Dark Ages between now and then).  I understand now as more the Old Republic standard of a sovereign monastic order that stands on its own, albeit with oaths and pledges to serve the Republic.  Hence being able to do things like decide neutrality in extreme cases, as during the Mandolorian Wars, or withdraw to Tython to recover as we did during Cold War.   

I'm not suggesting major changes, just make sure we're Servants of the Republic, but not Slaves/Subjects of the Senate (a big part of the Prequel dynamic was the Jedi were tricked into that by the Sith).  I also think its totally fair to assume that coming out of Zakuul, there is internal disagreement/subfactions of even Orthodox/Loyalist Jedi and that the Custodum would be healthier to have some realistic diversity of opinion, without necc changing overall direction of Guild.  In some ways a reversal of the militant Republic Old Revanite/Neutral Council Majority split from the Mandolorian War, with the majority at this point fighting FOR the Republic and the minority more cautious given recent political betrayals.  (though both sides perhaps leery of any Sixth Line zealot remnants, a thread I plan to play with too). 

For Maerin's part, I intend to continue to play her as a Master protecting the Custodum's Rear Guard on the Rim, maintaining the droids and Adega Base as asked by Master Telline, and keeping parts of the Jedi Underground hidey holes on the Rim ready if needed again.  She'd likely welcome help from folks leery of the Core world politics, but not looking to undermine the work on Coruscant.  Likely involved in some upcoming Hutt Space intrigues too, which she's keeping an eye on though less formally as before.  Not sure how many Masters needed for the Council proper, though happy to offer her as a long-distance Council member or informal contact for more remote missions or isolated Enclaves needing support. 
« Last Edit: 01/29/18, 11:25:14 PM by SivWysan »

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01/29/18, 11:15:40 PM »
0 Show voters
As an aside too, if anyone is interested in more Tython focused stuff, we did a joint Wraiths-Custodum plot to flesh some of that out too.  Still keeping vague since don't know what happened there post-Zakuul with leadership.  But ways the Jedi explored/scouted some of the former worlds of the system to be more independent during the rough years of isolation.  Would be fun to occasionally visit there for a diplomatic or aid mission, as the Custodum sent formal starfighter/defense supplies to them during the Coalition period and one of my characters, Tela was one of the folks who endured a few lonely years as a Padawan there. 

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01/30/18, 12:32:46 PM »
0 Show voters
So, essentially, the rule is thus: Unless a player is specifically on a Council character and specifically RPing that character in that context, do not harass that player about Council stuff. For example, Iaera milling around a Jedi Night and talking to people would be a fine time to discuss Council stuff IC, or maybe OOC if I am not actively busy talking to someone else. If I am on Iaera but currently in Kuat Mesas, maybe not the best time. If I am on Sibyl-ko RPing an adventure hosted by one of our other fine community members, maybe not the best time.

I can't speak for the others, but if you have Council Stuff you would like to discuss with me in an OOC capacity, you may PM me at any time and I will get back to you when I can!

In short, think of the Council as having office hours: Do not call them at 3 AM, do not stalk them to their cars, do not bother them while they're beating the high score on Dig Dug. And we will all be happier and saner for it!

Dig Dug is important. So is Tetris. Don't poke people in Tetris coma.

In all seriousness, Iaera's pointing to being in Kuat Mesas as an example of it not being the best time is the best tip; in game character locations are your friend. If it says a person is in some unique place chances are they're engaged in PVE or PVP content that is currently their focus. I know that depending on the activity I'm engaged in I often have my chat window heavily filtered (yes, my Ops filter sometimes even filters out whispers because I want that window to be completely clean), so there's a very good chance I'll end up 'ignoring' you anyway just by virtue of my attention not being on whatever chat channel is being used. (That goes both ways; the amount of times my PVE guildies have been trying to reach me for an Officerly question and I've totally ignored them because I had guild chat filtered out in order to prevent it interfering with my RP have been innumerable. It's a wonder I haven't been guild kicked.)
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook