BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Poll

When Would You Like To See GeekOut 2014?

April
2 (9.1%)
May
3 (13.6%)
June
10 (45.5%)
July
5 (22.7%)
August
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Begeren Colony GeekOut 2014  (Read 6909 times)

Offline Semah

• The sand remembers where the river was.
    • View Profile
Re: Begeren Colony GeekOut 2014
« Reply #15 on: 11/03/13, 12:33:51 PM »
0 Show voters
Seiyd---you're in Seattle? Who else is there, if anyone?

Offline Saberlain

• I remember Life... Glad it's over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11/03/13, 12:38:56 PM »
0 Show voters
~500$ per person air, plus hotel and rental car, even shared, is pretty prohibitively expensive for a lot of people.

If people can't swing Toronto, I could host in the sunny, geeky city of Seattle. June is GORGEOUS in the Pac NW, and we have all the toys for networking people in, at my place.
While I likely won't ever be able to attend one of these anywhere at any time, I do have a thought.

Given that a lot of people can only participate via internet, I see no reason why there couldn't be multiple parties hosted in the same weekend in different areas of the globe. I mean, some people may have to decide to go to one or the other, but it would allow people more options to be able to hang out. For example, Toronto for those who can and want to go there, and Seattle for those who cannot, and perhaps one on the East coast... You see what I mean.

It'd take planning by multiple people, but it could work. No sense restricting the fun to just one city.

Offline Alumar

• Parts Donor
  • "There is always a choice. Always hope."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11/03/13, 12:54:20 PM »
0 Show voters
For example, Toronto for those who can and want to go there, and Seattle for those who cannot, and perhaps one on the East coast... You see what I mean.

It'd take planning by multiple people, but it could work. No sense restricting the fun to just one city.

x2.

hit core spots.
"Do not be one to let the WAR come to you. There is always choice, for as much as your heart knows, there is always hope."

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11/03/13, 08:48:15 PM »
0 Show voters
That is a really excellent idea!

Offline Kastal

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11/04/13, 12:35:24 AM »
0 Show voters
OMG!! I live in Denver!! :grin:
"The Willow knows what the storm does not: That the ability to endure harm is more powerful then the ability to inflict it."

Ilireth

« Reply #20 on: 11/20/13, 11:49:00 AM »
0 Show voters
As we move closer on dates - looks like June is the popular vote at present, so currently planning on that. Poll will remain up for a while to get more interested parties responses, figure we have to make a hard decision mid-to-end December. So there's time.

Current plan, based on feedback and availability:

GeekOut will be hosted in either Denver or on the West Coast (there've been a few offers) middlish June, with a coordinated sister event in the Provinces taking place at the same time. Specifics are still up in the air at the moment, but as stated above, there's still some time before we have to hammer this down. We want to get things set in stone fairly early on, so people can plan bein' at the fun stuff.

Offline Dyven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01/16/14, 01:11:40 PM »
0 Show voters
So this topic has been very quiet lately and now that I have finally have some free time from the work beast I thought I would jump in.  Last year and Geek Out I made the offer to everyone to host the next get together here in Kansas City.  It is a location right in the middle of things with a very accessible air port.  I can help people find hotels and can put up a few people at my house even.

I would be really excited about doing it if people are up to traveling here.  Also while my job keeps me pretty busy I can easily arrange time off ahead of time for it and be available for driving people around, I figure if I did it in Denver it will be even easier in my home town :)

So yeah, thoughts?

Offline Yena

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01/16/14, 04:17:34 PM »
0 Show voters
I can't travel for this since it would have to be with an entourage. I'm still up for organizing an event in Toronto, Ontario for anyone from Canada and the East Coast of the US who'd be willing to travel up here.

I wouldn't mind coordinating events/times with people so we can have some Skype or other video conference face time.
You are who you tell yourself you are.

Sustained, concentrated effort wins out over passion.

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01/16/14, 04:47:15 PM »
0 Show voters
I can't travel for this since it would have to be with an entourage. I'm still up for organizing an event in Toronto, Ontario for anyone from Canada and the East Coast of the US who'd be willing to travel up here.

I wouldn't mind coordinating events/times with people so we can have some Skype or other video conference face time.

When I'm not here at school in Nova Scotia, I'm in the GTA! I'm totally down for connecting with you guys in Toronto.  :grin: :dance:

Offline Niavaloo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01/20/14, 10:20:21 AM »
0 Show voters
I could potentially go to Denver or Toronto.  I could also take yp to four people with me.

Offline Brintte

• Nistia
  • You saw nothing......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01/20/14, 11:06:00 AM »
0 Show voters
Call dibs on Nia's drive of happiness and rainbows!

*Totally drunk atm btw.*

Offline Esk

• Parts Donor
  • Now shines the moon, welkin-wanderer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01/20/14, 11:39:15 AM »
0 Show voters
It looks like I won't be on-call the weekends of June 7-8th, 14-15th, or 28-29th. I could potentially make it to Denver then. If it's during the week then no go.

Imperial: Eskenah, Emlaira, Qoasha, Nochot, Linhua, Qorit
Republic: Etirza, Soori, Eswolyn, Annave, Foha, Nadimai, Yue-ming
Ialdon: Therem, Shilee
<The Koonto Legacy>

Ilireth

« Reply #27 on: 01/20/14, 12:49:16 PM »
0 Show voters
Traditionally GeekOut has been a Saturday affair, with a Friday evening shindig for those who travel to look hang around one another or some such.

The West Coast plans are falling through, so at present I am looking to host the State-Side portion of GeekOut in Denver, much the same as last year. I will have confirmation of this or not - as well as a confirmation on dates, by the end of this week.

Ilireth

« Reply #28 on: 01/23/14, 09:26:57 PM »
0 Show voters
Verdict is in.

California GeekOut plans have taken the crapshot, and so we will be holding Begeren Colony GeekOut 2014 in the same location we did last year. There'll be an official invite thread shortly for folks to confirm and rsvp and whatever else it is folks like doing with that.

To quote my previous notions on the location:

Marriott Denver Tech Center
4900 South Syracuse Street
Denver, Colorado 80237

We will have tables and refreshments, are right around the corner from the hotels in-house restaurant (which I like, personally), and we will have a computer set up with a big screen and a camera so that the GeekOut can be live for the entirety of the time we have the room.

Also, Pazaak. I had Pazaak cards printed up for folks who want to play (or learn how) and for general silly-fun. Last time there was great fun with Cards Against Humanity as well. I expect there will be again.

The Date
We've settled on Saturday, June 14th for the event proper, and we'll likely have the room for the same time we did last year (4pm-10pm).

Also like last year, I'll host a lunch get-together at about Noonish for folks who want to gather early, though the details of that are entirely dependent on how many folks are interested - I encourage using this thread for such discussion.

We also had fun meeting the folks who were flying in Friday at the airport. If you'd like in on that too, just say when you'll get in.

Mirror Event
Folks up in the more northern gatherings of the continent had expressed interest in having a mirror-gathering on the same day, joined to our event by cyber-wizards. I think this was a really awesome idea and if there are any of you who are still interested in this being a thing CONTACT ME. ASAP.

Any questions or comments are more than welcome here.

Offline Vulkanus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01/24/14, 02:22:46 AM »
0 Show voters
I say bay area. I know there's a lot of us here. Amara, Nas, myself, Aylaa, Anaris(I think?) That's already 5! But I can't go anywhere else, unfortunately. Denver is too expensive of a flight. Portland, So Cal are doable. Maybe even Seattle. Anything off the West coast is prolly out for me.