BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: The Chronicles of King Dorian  (Read 6809 times)

Offline Dorian

• I'm a holy half-dead who has seen the Underverse
    • View Profile
Re: The Chronicles of King Dorian
« Reply #45 on: 10/24/16, 09:42:01 AM »
The ships transporting the Killiks were in orbit around Lurirul. The outlines of the massive vessels could barely be seen from surface of the moon. Resting on his back was a tiny Killik from the Wuluw hive, a Joiner walked beside the two of them.

“Bur rurub.” Wuluw clicked as she looked over at empty mounds that Korok had built years ago. “Yes. The Killiks that came here with me are lost. A darkness infected them and sadly they had to be put down before whatever had tainted them spread.” Dorian’s voice was laced with sadness at the loss of his hive.

She seemed to understand this and brushed her antennae across his cheek in an almost comforting manner as her thorax hummed. “The moon now will be the colony’s once more. I know you will not enjoy this Wuluw, but I must ask that you put up with the skeletons.”

The Joiner turned her head to look at the king now. “We understand. You do not wish for your subjects or anyone else to become joined with one of the many hives. We are assuming that you also wish to prevent us from getting infected like the hive that was here, correct?” She tilted her head slightly to the left as she stared blankly into those glowing blue orbs of his.

“Correct. Safeguards to keep both of our people’s safe.” He could hear the soft hum come from the little Killik as they walked through the deserted mounds. “I will also like to ask that some of the hives keep tabs on the Chiss. If the Sith decide to push their luck, their allies might make a move to support them. The Colony will help greatly in checking the Chiss if they do turn out to be our enemies.”

“We will attempt to do so. We do not like the idea of going up against the Chiss, but we will sing the song of swarming if they attempt to leave their worlds to aid their Empire.” The Joiner spoke in a calm voice. “That is if all the hives agree to this.”

“I understand Wuluw. We just need to have a majority on our side. If the worst happens.” He looked over at the Killik as he spoke. The Joiner smiled at him. “We will see to getting our people arranged on this moon. Give your queen our regards.” Dorian let out a small chuckle. “I will do so, I am sure she will be delighted to hear this.”

Wuluw jumped off Dorian and landed onto the Joiner’s back. She waved her antennae at the King as the two of them walked off. A hint of a smile started to form behind that mask he wore as he watched them go. But. It would not last long as he turned away from thoughts of the past.

Dorian reached down into a pouch on his belt and pulled out his holocom. The hologram of a knight appeared. “My liege.” The tiny knight bowed. “Captain. I am on my way to speak with the queen, but I want you to prepare your order. If she and I are in an accord, we will go ahead with the conversion centers.”

“I will see to it at once, sire.” The image faded away and unliving monarch tucked the device back into the pouch. The Galaxy. He promised it to his wife. Even if it took several life times. He will give it to her. Once his people embrace this gift he has to offer, they would have an immortal army that can prepare for this conquest.

“Now. To see to my queen and see if she is willing to embrace the gift herself…” Dorian smiled to himself as he thought of Vedriat.  “...but first I must change into someone more. Feminine.” The sound of bones breaking. Shifting. Could be heard as the king walked towards his shuttle.

Offline Dorian

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 11/07/16, 02:18:33 PM »
The representative of the Tion Hegemony impatiently tapped a finger against the table. Glaring from the door to the empty chair sitting across the table from him. Cyrus was wasting his time here waiting for the diplomat of some backwater kingdom that thought to call itself the Shadren Hegemony. The nerve of these upstarts to copy Tion. The only pleasure he had was that he would inform these peasants that the House of Tion wanted nothing to do with them.

Pushing himself back from the table, Cryus started to stand from his chair when the door opened up. In walked a stunning specimen of feminine beauty. The Shadren diplomat wore a silk mask that highlighted the angles of her face and brought the focus on those bright blue eyes of hers. Her hair was a mix of white and blue, like fresh snow on pristine ice. She wore a form fitting black dress that made her pale skin stand out and those curves. His eyes openly wandered across her body as he stared as lustful thoughts entered his mind.

Cryus had forgotten that he was forced to wait and what he was there for as he stared. “Apologies, my lord. My lady required my attention. I am known as Danika. I will be speaking to you on behalf of my king and queen.” Her smile could be seen through the transparent mask she wore. “I.. umm yes. It is quite alright. Please, sit.” He gestured to the empty seat.

He watched as the woman walked over to a counter and grabbed two glasses. Pouring a red tinted liquid into both of them, she brought them over to the table. Sitting herself down, Danika passed one glass over to Cryus. “Wine made on one of the worlds that make up the Shadren Hegemony. I do hope it is to your liking, my lord.” She bit down on her bottom lip as a hopeful look filled those eyes of hers.

“I’m sure it is fine.” He took sip of the drink that was offered to him. Tasted like piss compared to the vintages found in Tion. “Wonderful. I’d like a bottle to take home with me.” He lied with a charming smile upon his face. “Shall we get down to business?” As he asked this, all he could think of was letting her down softly. Then perhaps he could take her out to cheer her up. Perhaps one thing could lead to another.

“I’d like that.” She gave a nod of her head, drinking some of the wine. “I won't give you the run around, my lady. I presented your offer of trade to the House of Tion. I am sorry to say that they don’t think it is in their best interest right now to work with the Shadren Hegemony.” Cryus felt bad as he saw the sad look cross over the woman’s face. “I.. I am sorry to hear that.”

“I am sure we can try to present it to them another ti...ugh..” He felt a sharp pain in his stomach. Instinctively his hands grasped his sides. “The poison has kicked in already? Seems that you’re weaker than you seemed.” Danika crossed her legs and leaned back into her seat as a wolfish grin spread across her face.

“What… have you done…. bitch!?” He glared at her. He couldn’t believe he wanted to bed this harlot. “You will live if you drink this within an hour.” She fished a small vial out from the front of her dress, dangling it in front of the poor man. “How?! We drank the same thing!” He was panicking as he watched her take another sip of the wine. “Contact poison on the rim of your glass. Now. This is what you will do. You will go back to those fools on Tion. You will tell them that King Dorian and Queen Vedriat made an offer you could not refuse. Then. You will work your best towards a full military alliance between our two peoples.”

Danika set her glass down on the table as she got up from her seat. “Because the thing is. The poison you drank will only be delayed if you drink this liquid once every week. In other words. Your life is mine.” She walked over to his side, he stared up at her with a look of disgust and horror. “You bitch…” He spat as a new wave of pain washed over him.

“Yes, I am. So little man, will you be the honor bound servant of Tion and die. Or do you wish to live and work for me.” She pressed her chest against his shoulder as she leaned against him. He felt disgusted in himself for how much he liked being close to her. He could feel her lips against his ear. She felt as cold as a corpse. “Even in death, I can force you to serve.” She placed a small kiss on his cheek. “What is your answer?”

Kriffed. He was kriffed no matter what he did. Swallowing, he bowed his head. “Please… I do not wish to die…” A wave of disgust washed over him as he listened to her laugh. She tossed him the vial as she danced away from him. “Then live. You are now mine, Cryus of Tion. I expect word in a week, if you wish to remain within the land of the living.” She winked at the man as she walked out of the room. Her laughter echoed within his head as he sat there.

Was this how his servants felt? He drank the liquid in the vial and got up from the table. It was a long trip back to Tion and he had to come up with an offer to present his bosses.

Offline Dorian

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11/29/16, 03:16:57 PM »
The dark side of the Force was strong here. Every surface was infused with its twisted taint. Yet. To those that could feel the presence of the Force, they would be able to feel a seductive pull to this room. Sith artifacts soaked in the dark side acted as beacons to those foolish enough to heed their siren’s call. In this vault of Sith artifacts patrolled none of the undead. Tuk’ata dwelled within, protecting the treasures from any who happened to make it past the roaming dead.

“Hadzuska,” A voice called out as a figure called as the entered the vault. Sith runes started to glow a deep blue for a few seconds. Then glow faded as soon as it came, the warding returned to an inactive state.

Walking out from the shadows of a bookshelf came the large Sith spawn. There was an intelligence within those red eyes as it stared at the hooded figure before it. Sniffing the air as it took several steps forward. “Meistras,” Hadzuska growled out in Sith as it recognized its master. The Sith hound sniffed the air again. “Kodel buti j'us patelex?” The question caused the hooded figure to smile.

“Xis Nu gal buti.” They walked passed the large abomination. Glowing red eyes followed the feminine figure as they browsed through the shelves. “Hmm. This is the one.” A slender hand reached out to take hold of a shield talisman. “Drained of energy.” It sounded as if they were pouting as they ran a finger across the surface of the gold amulet.

Canting his head to the right, much like an inquisitive canine, the Tuk’ata stared at its master. It did not seem disturbed as the room echoed with the sound of breaking bones that shifted and grew in size. Pulling back the hood, Dorian looked at his pet with a grin on his face. “Buti j'us guvus kia kojasi, nuyak nutnusi?”

“Xaz meistras,” growled the Tuk’ata as red eyes locked onto the blue eyes of the king. Still grinning, Dorian hooked the talisman over his head. “Na stebe nun, nuyak nutnusi.”  Hadzuska padded over to the king’s side. Emerging from the shadows of the shelves came the rest of his pack as they stared at the Lich.

“Time to find my queen to see if she will approve of a little hunting trip. Maybe a demonstration of our new military assets for the allies we are courting as well.” He mused to himself as he walked out of the vault. At last the Tuk’ata would not be stuck guarding the king’s treasures. The pack would be blooded at long last.

“Perhaps. I will invite The Kind along.” Dorian voiced his thoughts aloud as he left the treasures of his house. Slowly, the door to the vault closed behind the last of the Tuk’ata as they followed their master down a dimly lit hall way. A bright flash of runes lit up along the surface of the door before fading away. The vault was secure once more.

Offline Dorian

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12/06/16, 01:17:31 PM »
Dorian found himself resting in his saddle as he stared off into the jungle. This was not the hunt her wanted, but it would have to do while his armada was outfitted with new payloads and fighters. Balios twitched its tail as it stared into the jungle, watching the movements of the various creatures in the distance. Dorian ran a hand across the undead Ice Cat’s head.

It was bad enough that he had to wait around for his ships, but have to suffer through another eye roll inducing news feed from the Sith Empire was worse. It seemed as if those Sith that were critics of his could not think of more creative reasons to hate him. They started to sound like broken holorecords at this point. Traitor this and traitor that. At least the attack over his use of the undead was new, but that makes them sound like hypocrites. After all it was a Sith king that set the foundation for all he was doing.

“Dathka Graush. I am sure he would love to see what has become of the Sith. Perhaps I should wake him from his slumber so he can see.” He mused aloud to himself. Turning those blazing eyes of his towards Hadzuska. The Tuk’ata sat beside him, gazing up at his master. “Go. Bring your pack mates back,” Dorian waved his hand in a dismissing manner as he spoke. The Sith hound let out a short growl before darting off towards the treeline.

As he waited for his hounds to return, a thought crossed his mind. Did Malagant really believe that he was denying him the dead by burning a world? As a Sith, he should know that the dead were not just limited to corporeal forms. It would be best that he did not remind him of this, as it could just escalate his tantrum. Children. That is what nobility and the Sith were. Just children who are given too much power. Without keeping them in check, they run around causing headaches for their betters.

“It is time we display our strength, Balios. I am done trying to make nice with these mortals.” The Lich growled this out as he ran his hand across his mounts side. “When my armada is ready, our hunt begins.” With only a thought, the king directed his mount back towards his capital. His Tuk’ata were racing back towards him as Balios broke out into a jog.

All the undead monarch could think about was unleashing the dead upon the living. To give them a real reason to hate him. Perhaps his wife would be able to direct his anger to something a little more constructive than a war upon the living.

Offline Dorian

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12/15/16, 04:56:45 PM »
Death’s Fist. This was the name of the his personal fleet. It was one of two fleets that could effectively sneak into enemy territory. Each ship had radar blocking material along the hull and to help reduce visibility the hulls were painted black with a star pattern painted. This way if anyone were to look out the view ports they would only see distant stars. Without a life support system, it was possible for them to drift through space and blend in with the void. Until it was too late.

Currently every ship was running full power as they made their way towards chaotic Demetras sector. It would not be long before the Empire sweeps in to restore order and bring this sector back into the fold. All thanks to Zakuul finally starting to lose grasp of Galaxy. Before that could happen, he needed to annex as much of it as possible.

His time table would have to be accelerated further thanks to those within the Sith Empire that insisted on meddling with his affairs. These gnats were growing to be a bothersome annoyance. Was this how the former Sith Emperor felt before he abandoned his empire for another?

Dorian would not make the same mistakes as that man. For starters a large chunk of his military was bound to his will. It also helped that those that worked in the mines and fields could be used in battle as well. As for those that are retained their free will, they would slowly become more hedonistic. As the pleasures of the flesh decayed, they would have to seek such thrills in other ways.

Combat. War. These will be supplement their need to feel something. While immortal, they could still be destroyed. Risking themselves in battle to see if they can meet someone worthy enough to grant them the true death. This is the path he would steer his warriors on.

The Lich ran his hand through his hair as he sat back in his chair as looked out the view port of his ship. All these thoughts on the future will be pointless if the Sith Empire or any of the other powers decide to crush him. Numbers. That is what he needed.

With the wave of his hand, he used the Force to active the holocam. His image was projected to the bridge of every ship within his fleet. His voice would broadcast throughout each ship so all could hear what he had decided upon.

“Each and every one of you knows that we have but one rule within our kingdom when it comes to the gift of undeath. You must accept it of your own free will. From the lowly Skeletons and Zombies all the way up to likes of you all. My Revenants. All who have joined the ranks of the unliving have done so because they wished to serve for eternity.”

Dorian stood up from his chair as he spoke. He paced back and forth as he pointed to something.

“But. Once the Sith Empire and the Republic are finished with Zakuul, there will be nothing to keep them distracted. We do not have the numbers to beat them in an open war. There is a way to remedy this. When we arrive in the Todirium system, we make this system into a graveyard. For they have spat upon the offer to join us peacefully. The living will be pressed into service in death and their dead will pay for their descendants folly. They had the chance to serve me in life. Now. They will slave for me in death. Prepare yourselves. We have planets to kill.”

The holoprojector cut off as the king returned to his seat. He knew that Vedriat was not going to be pleased with his choice, but she was busy trying to deal with the Imperials through diplomatic channels. It was time to remind these pests why the living should fear the dead. Dorian sat back down in his chair as his gaze focused on the view port once more.

He closed his eyes. When he returned, it was time to see the Chiss.

Offline Dorian

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 12/19/16, 03:18:04 PM »
The once vibrant world was gone. Whatever its surface would look like in the future would remain a mystery. A cocoon surrounded the planet, hiding the surface in a thick layer of ash and dust. The undead monarch’s gaze lingered on the dead world as he stood before the viewport of his ship.

At least I managed to save the prettiest flowers of each world to bring back home to Vedriat. They shall be added to the gardens, to act as grave markers for these lost worlds. The smile that formed upon his face was hidden behind the silk cloth he wore as a mask.

There was a tingling sensation at the back of his mind as he sensed one of his creations, one of his children, approach him. “I have a task for you.” He spoke as soon as the abomination stood directly behind him. “Take a squad of your lesser brethren. You are to go to Taris and bring back to me several Rakghouls,” Dorian finally turned his gaze from the ruined world to the skeleton behind him. The Wight was one of those skeletons who regained their sense of self. Yet. Were still connected to that telepathic bond that most had with the king.

As the skeleton tilted its head to the right, it stared at its king with those empty sockets. Empty, yet a blazing blue light glowed within them. "Your will be done, my king." Its voice echoed within the Lich’s mind. “Take one of the Imperial ships. I will know when you have returned. Now go. Do not fail me.”

With a bow, the unliving minion of the king departed. It was time for him to return home. The fact that when he last saw his queen she was wearing his soul around her neck spoke volumes to him. Whatever plots she had gotten herself involved with, put him in danger if she failed. It is time to return home, he thought.

“Captain. Send word to my Master of Ships. My invasion fleet is to resume the conquest of this sector,” Dorian’s voice was projected out with the Force, causing all crew present to hear his command. “Also. Send word to the queen. We make for the capital.”

"Yes, your majesty!" The Captain called out. Dorian blocked out the sounds coming from the bridge as his gaze returned to the tomb world that was born from his actions. I should feel something. I brought about the deaths of many. Yet. I feel nothing. Just as I did when I crushed an insect under my heel in my youth. Are the living now nothing more than insects to me?

These thoughts caused a frown to appear upon the Lich's face. When then would he view his mortal children with the same level of disinterest? Or his wife? The disconnect from the mortals of the Galaxy was troubling. He would speak with his wife about such things. Perhaps she could help remedy these thoughts of his.   

Offline Dorian

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01/11/17, 11:15:58 AM »
Lightning flashed outside, seconds later the crash of thunder sent vibrations throughout the palace. Zaria and Trestin didn’t seem to be phased from the storm, sleeping soundly. Dorian stood there, leaning his back against the wall as he watched his children sleep. A small smile crept across his face as he watched his daughter snuggle up against tiny Republic model droid. The smile did not last long as his mind turned towards the thoughts that troubled him.

It would be centuries before his scouts returned with a report on a chart to reach the Rishi Maze. Even longer to establish a hyperlane there. His plans to dominate the dwarf Galaxy would take time, meaning he would have to make due with surviving within this Galaxy. To that, he would need to make peace with the Sith Empire. He would not bend his knee to the Empress and give up the sovereignty of his reign.

Dorian turned away from his children and looked out the window. Lightning streaked across the sky. The sight reminded him of Kaas. “I will not submit to the Sith Empire. I will not lower myself to being there vassal..” An idea suddenly struck him. “...but as an allied state we can provide a buffer between them and the Republic.”

Placing his hands upon the windowsill he leaned forward. We can still trade with the Sith and provide them with goods and services but also act as a barrier between them and the Republic. At least for this part of the Galaxy. Granted either side could go around this sector, but if they did attempt to cross his domain he could turn them away.

“I’ll have to run this by Vedriat,” Dorian spoke in a soft whisper as he turned his head to look back at his children. “Before I leave, I need to carve out a chunk of this Galaxy to leave to you two.” He stepped back from the window. The lich made his way over to a chair next to Trestin’s bed. Sitting himself down, he would settle in to watch over his children as they slept. He would remain forever, but he would have to watch these two grow. If they do not wish to embrace undeath, he would have to watch them die. He wanted to spend as much time with his children as he could before they were gone.

This was the curse he placed upon himself. To live forever in a state of undeath, but having to watch those that he loved grow old and eventually die. He reached out a hand to brush it across his son’s head. He worried that once they were gone, his last ties to his Humanity would die with them.

Part of him looked forward to being freed of the shackles of his Humanity and yet another part of of him was scared at what he might become. A frown appeared upon his face as he withdrew his hand. He could puzzle out these thoughts later. For now he would focus on the present and being here with his family. Withdrawing his hand from his son’s brow, he settled into his chair. It would be a few hours before they would be ready to wake. He would use this time to meditate and center himself. For in the morning he would have to go back to ruling a sector.

Offline Dorian

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 03/28/17, 03:23:28 PM »
Dorian sat upon his throne as he shut off the holoprojector. Life within the Galaxy seemed to carry on as normal. Dorian kept tabs on the realm of the living as he withdrew himself back to Shadren V. It did not take long for them to find something new to fear or hate. Such was the way of the living, being scared of something or trying to wipe out the thing that they hate.

The living were a blight. A cancer. It took his liberation from the mortal coil to see this. His subjects were free to do what they please. They had no fear, for what was there left to fear after embracing death? There was no need to hate either. Death was the great equalizer. It doesn’t matter if you were Human or Wookiee in life. In death, they were both just corpses. In some way or another, all the living would join him and his people.

There was no longer a point for him to take an active part in the Galaxy. Let the living bring about their own suffering. Dorian no longer cared to partake. Slowly his eyes started to close. Sleep. That was what called to him. He would wake when needed, but until such a time, he planned to sleep through this decade. A datapad rested upon his lap. A letter to his wife was contained within it. Letting her know what he was up to and how to wake him. If she or his people needed him, he would wake early from his slumber.

Without a fuss, King Dorian Numair, the undying lord of the Shadren Hegemony, checked out.

Offline Dorian

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 10/20/17, 06:32:34 AM »
It had been weeks since Dorian had awaken from his slumber. He had spent his time making amends with his wife for his selfish behavior. Something troubled him though. He had not heard from his wife in some time. She went off a mission to further show the Sith Empire that we view them as allies, not enemies. It was normal not hearing from her for long periods of time, but this time it was unusual.

The undead monarch had planned to remain in the shadows, allowing Veddy to rule as he aided her in secret. Though something about this mission troubled him. Marching to the barracks he singled out two members of the royal guard. “Get a hold of my admirals. I wish for Death’s Fist to be in orbit in three solar days. Contact the queen’s furries. Their king demands to know everything about this mission she went on.”

This unease he felt troubled him. Now was not the time for him to be hidden away. Turning from the guards, he went straight to the command center. “Prepare a press conference. It is time for my people and the Galaxy to know that King Dorian the Undying has returned.” His eyes blazed with an unnatural blue glow. He reached out through his connection with the undead he had created. Awaken! He commanded those undead that hibernated alongside to rise and walk the land of the living once more.

Part of felt that he might be overreacting, but it was better to be safe than sorry. “Where are you Veddy…” He muttered to himself.
« Last Edit: 10/20/17, 01:16:15 PM by Dorian »

Offline Dorian

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 10/23/17, 02:49:48 PM »
Dorian sat upon his throne in silence after Tymeis had left the throne room The crackling of the torches were the only sound in the room, then suddenly he pounded his fists down on the arms of the throne. “Kriff!” He roared, no longer able to contain the anger that burned within him. He jumped up onto his feet, tapping into the Force, he threw his throne into a nearby wall. The throne broke upon impact against the stone surface of the wall, showering debris all across the throne room. His emotions took control as the Dark Side surged through him. “Damn her for being reckless!” He punched his fist with all his might into the wall near him. There was a crunching sound as he broke the bones in his fist. Yet he felt nothing. Bone poke out of the flesh his hand, if he were still alive he'd be in agonizing pain.

Energy wafted off the undead king as he drew his lightsaber. The black and white plasma of the weapon shimmered into existence and it hummed softly. Dorian let out another roar as he cleaved the other throne in the room in twain. His thoughts were a disorganized swarm with ideas of revenge. He bellowed out his anger as he reached out with the Force, toppling a nearby statue. It crashed down to the ground shattering all over the floor.

“I am going bring death to those that have taken her.. I shall make manifest their worst nightmares!” He tossed a chunk of marble into one of the standing torches in the room, scattering embers all over the cold stone floor.“If they harmed her in anyway, there will be no mercy.”

Taking hold of one of the halves of the cleaved throne, he tossed it at the entrance of the throne room. Just at that moment the door opened and the nanny droid who looked after his children peeked in. “Master, I have brought the children. They were craving the attention of their moth…” A piece of the splintered throne smacked into the chest of the droid causing it to fall back with a loud thud. This was followed by a shrill cry of a child. “Mommy!” Dorian’s jaw dropped as he saw standing in the hallway his children, a few feet behind the downed droid. “I want mommy!”

He felt his rage drain from him as he let his lightsaber drop to the ground. It bounced off the stone floor, deactivating now that it was out of his grip. He rushed over to the little prince and princess, dropping to his knees before them. His arms snaked around the little prince. “Shhh, Trestin. Mommy is away working.” A part of him hated that he had to lie to them. “She will be gone for a little while.”

Now that he was no longer venting out his rage, he started to think rationally. This was not the time for war. He had to follow through with the plan he had formated. “Daddy is scary! I want mommy!” Trestin shouted as he attempted to get away from his father. The dead man flinched slightly at the sting from his son’s words. “Daddys not scary, daddy is fun.” Zaria said in a sleepy voice as she held her arms up. The princess appeared to ready for bed. “Up.” She commanded with the ease of a ruler. Dorian obliged, freeing his son and picking her up in his arms.

He caught sight of the nanny droid that was finally getting back to his feet. “Master, the children were asking for you and queen so I figured I'd bring them to you…” It trailed off as it saw the mess within the throne room. “Oh dear! What a mess! I shall get someone to clean this up!”

“Thank you.” He muttered. He reached out and pulled his son into his arms as he stood up. “No! I want mommy!” He kicked and screamed as Dorian held him. “Mommy!”

He sighed softly. Leaving the droid to tend to his mess, he carried the prince and princess to their rooms. Tiny fists and feet pounded against him as he walked. “Trestin, stop. Mommy won't be home for a while. Daddy will look after you and Zaria.” The little prince rubbed his tear stained face into the king’s shoulder. “You have to be strong like your sister.” Zaria looked over at her brother and smiled. “I am strong. Just like mommy.” She seemed proud of herself. “Yep you're just like mommy.” He gave his daughter a soft smile. “Too much like her..”

The door to the children’s room opened right before he walked into the room. He first tucked Zaria into her bed. Then he tucked in Trestin. He sniffled as he looked up at his father. “You my little knight, are too much like me. Now. Sleep.” He kissed his son on the top of his head before moving to his daughter. He kissed the top of her head as well. “Sleep well my little girl.” The lights dimmed as he left the room. As the door closed, he dropped onto his rear and rested his back against the closed door.

“I made you go through this too, didn’t I?” He talked to himself as he stared down at the floor. “We need to get you home.”