BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

May 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
May 25: Dancer's Palace 9pm PDT
May 26: Gauntlet of the Empire Open RP
May 28: Indie Night - 7:30 PM Pacific
May 31: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jun 1: Dancer's Palace 9pm PDT
Jun 2: Gauntlet of the Empire Open RP

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Site Updates and Introductions  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Artisan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Site Updates and Introductions
« on: 09/02/15, 12:46:59 AM »
Greetings everyone! It's been a few days since our last site announcement and a number of things have happened since then.

I would like to begin by saying that the website has stabilized, and the aforementioned technical and financial concern are handled and in a stable place right now. This is thanks to many community members who have stepped up and offered their resources toward the site, and I am grateful to each and every one of you and for your contributions, however large and small, even a kind word.

I would in particular like to thank our temporary Admin team for their first-line help in stabilizing and reassuring during the first days of the site outage. In particular, both @Aolanni and @Seraphie have offered support in many and varied ways, and not only did they put to use their skills as former Arbiters, but they also stepped forth as leaders in the community to bring everyone back together, to console, to soothe, to heal. And that is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

We have now finalized our current official administration team for the website. The team, among others, includes members of the leadership of the recent serverwide summits, as it was out of those summits that came the idea for BC.org to become a resource not just for our current community, but also for the Begeren Colony server at large, serving RP as well as PVE, PVP, and GSF interests.

The newcomers include Lurilla, who will serve as a new full site Administrator, and Dezzrevas and Slavish, who will serve as Arbiters.

Furthermore, Cordae did a wonderful job in handling site difficulties in the absence of both former admins, and so although he had stated he meant to remain as an Arbiter, I have invited him to join the Administrators officially.

Aylaa and livia will be Arbiters drawing from our current BC.org community.

The list is then as follows:
Administrators: @Artisan, @Lurilla, @Cordae
Arbiters: @Dezzrevas, @Slavish, @Aylaa, @livia
Wiki Mods: @Audaine, @Aylaa

I would like to invite our new team members especially among the newcomers to introduce yourselves. Welcome to our community!

I would also like to thank every member of the community for your support and your understanding over the last few weeks. The BC.org team may deal with the technical and logistical portions of the site, but it is each of you that make up this community that has become a place of comfort, an online home, for many of us. You bring your ideas, your experiences, your writing, your techniques. You bring your hopes and dreams, your family and friends, your connections with one another and your unique selves. This is what enriches this place and causes us to grow. Thank you again!

As promised, I will also post an event thread detailing the day and time of a formal Raidcall Q&A for anyone who has any further questions or thoughts. You may find it here.

The remainder of this thread can serve as a place for introductions and getting to know one another!
« Last Edit: 09/02/15, 01:08:12 AM by Artisan »

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
Re: Site Updates and Introductions
« Reply #1 on: 09/02/15, 07:26:17 AM »
Well since the rest of the thread is for introductions.... *launces pre-emptive Hi and Welcome strike*

Hi @Dezzrevas, @Slavish, and @Lurilla. :wave: Good to have you aboard. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here out. Now onward to great and interesting things. :whee:
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Aena

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09/02/15, 08:04:34 AM »
Hello and welcome, @Dezzrevas, @Slavish and @Lurilla! I'm looking forward to meeting you all and chatting with you!  :grin:

Like Imazi, i hope everything will go smoothly from now on. I'm sure it will, with you all!  :whee:

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09/02/15, 08:36:33 AM »
Welcome aboard.

Offline livia

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09/02/15, 11:32:20 AM »
 :wave:

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09/02/15, 11:58:17 AM »
Welcome to the new admin teams!!!!!

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09/02/15, 01:04:55 PM »
Warm welcome and thanks to all involved in the super-heroic efforts of late!

Offline Dezzrevas

• Fear is the mind killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09/03/15, 02:43:35 PM »
Thank you for the welcome everyone. A little background for me: I have been playing SWTOR since launch as Guild Master of The Revas Order and The Fallen of Revas. Now the Republic guild is known as The Revas Colonial Alliance derived from the merging or The Revas Order and The Colonial Marines. Some in the SWTOR community know me as a mediator between guilds or just that crazy sage healer guy in warzones and operations. Though others just met me when I started organizing people for the summits. Now I have joined the team for begerencolony.org. My hope is to bring everyone who values our server to this community and see the possibilities we can all achieve.
I will do my best to uphold the founding principles of Begerencolony.org as we get to know each other and evolve as a community.

~Dezz'revas~ Republic (The Revas Colonial Alliance)
~Dessel'revas~ Imperial (The Fallen of Revas)
~Dezz'revas~ Republic (The Revas Order)
~Dessel'revas~ Imperial (The Fallen of Revas)
21st Sage in ranked PVP Grouped(season 6)

Offline blingdenston

• Parts Donor
  • A tragic history that really resonates with idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09/03/15, 04:09:26 PM »
Everyone, new and old...thank you all for your hard work and interest.  The site outage, though relatively brief, was a bit harrowing for me and, I'm certain, many others who've come to love this community.  With our site crew's hard work, and the passion of this community, I'm looking forward to years to come of action, adventure, romance, and poop jokes.

May the Force be with us all!
Pehn Qardaak - Captain of the Rodomontade
Ran-del Qardaak - Big Time Space Hero
Lastagir - Hunter for hire, no plans to retire
Hyse Qardaak - Scholar and Warrior of Peace

Offline Slavish

• I used to be sweet and Innocent then shit happened
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09/03/15, 06:11:15 PM »
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.  I hope that I can serve the site well.  As for me...Well, I am known on the Darkside as Slavish Grim and I reside within the Grim Determination and the lightside I am know as Purrfection which is part of the family within Jedi Council.  I have been playing since BETA and this is my home now.  My Mission is to offer the BC world my talents and abilites to bring our server to a new standard of living.  We need to all unite for the good of Bergeren Colony.  Ok enough of all that  :umm:  I do want to offer my time and talents in this website.

Slavish

Offline Lurilla

• The Begeren Battalion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09/04/15, 09:21:51 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcomes!

As for an introduction, I am Lurilla.  I am a second to @Dezzrevas in The Revas Colonial Alliance on the Pub side.  I am also a Raid Officer and partake in Progression of end-game content.  I heavily participate in PvE and I PvP often.  In terms of RP, I don't participate much, but have in other games I have played.  So, for me to say "never" would be a lie, as I refuse to create toons without a real name or purpose or idea of their background. ;)

My hopes for this community are that our progress not be halted by anything.  We have a direction and we will keep moving in that direction, no matter what!  My goal is to support the existing community, as well as any new additions.  I'd love to see the other aspects of SWTOR gain some interest here and bring new members and make our server the best server to play on.

With that said, I am more of a behind-the-curtain type of Administrator, keeping things organized and maintained, as well as communicating new ideas and more efficient systems.  If you ever have something in mind or need assistance, or anything for that matter, I am but a PM away (or sometimes in chat).  Don't hesitate to contact me!

Thank you again for the welcome, I look forward to getting to know you all! 

Let's keep things moving forward!
The Begeren Battalion (Pub)
The Begeren Legion (Imp)
Progression / PvP
** Ranked 3rd in server for Sages in Group Ranked ** (Season 6)