BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

February 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Feb 25: Old Woman's Plea: Mando-Hutt Conflict Episode 1 ( open 6pm Server/9EDT)
Feb 26: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Feb 26: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice (6:30
Mar 1: Jedi Night (7:30 PM)
Mar 1: Mei Dei

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Official BC.org Site Additions Discussion Thread  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Artisan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Official BC.org Site Additions Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: 10/19/15, 06:17:46 PM »
I would love it if, as admin of my guild's forum, I could create child boards within the guild's forum. If this is already a possibility, please tell me how! I like the forum here way better than an Enjin site, but I miss being able to make multiple forum boards for my guild, being limited to organising things only in threads.

Unfortunately creating child boards is not possible as a breakout permission for GuildNet forum moderators. However, child boards can be created by the Admin team at a GuildNet moderator's request.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10/19/15, 07:28:47 PM »
I would love it if, as admin of my guild's forum, I could create child boards within the guild's forum. If this is already a possibility, please tell me how! I like the forum here way better than an Enjin site, but I miss being able to make multiple forum boards for my guild, being limited to organising things only in threads.

Unfortunately creating child boards is not possible as a breakout permission for GuildNet forum moderators. However, child boards can be created by the Admin team at a GuildNet moderator's request.

Ah! That would work! *starts drawing up organisational plans* :grin:

Offline Dezzrevas

• Fear is the mind killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11/25/15, 12:18:45 AM »
So we never really got any real discussion on if this community wants to encourage game aspect specific channels. To help new and old members reach out into other aspects of the game they might not be as familiar with. Choosing one channel for each aspect and sticking with it is the only way to get it populated and stay that way. These are the channels that would compliment the rp channels in the site faq page. http://begerencolony.org/index.php?action=helpguide;area=roleplay_channels    To make it easier for the community to connect with each other. The Summits so far have agreed unanimously in most meetings to adopt the following. Now it is up to the rest of the community to decide how to assist players in having fun.

// /cjoin warzone ← Both sides
         // /cjoin gsf ← Both sides
         // /cjoin Krayt ← Both faction Operations channel

~Dezz'revas~ Republic (The Revas Order)
~Dessel'revas~ Imperial (The Fallen of Revas)
21st Sage in ranked PVP Grouped(season 6)

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12/11/15, 07:47:03 AM »
Re: recent community announcement (not looking to trigger more drama, so let me know if helpful- just word of support and suggestion)

Thanks to the Admin for all they do.  Not having the time to lurk in chat as much as some, I often feel out of the loop when these things happen. 

But as a former site Admin as well as member for many other RP communities, I know how hard it can be.  I also know the temptations of a good flame war and how easy it is to lose perspective. But I've also seen good places and friends harmed by drama, so if it  gets to the point folks are feeling that unsafe or burned out, something has to change. 

I would also advise, perhaps within new guidelines a clause allowing Admin to request (then enforce) a pause/cool down on an inflammatory topic to allow everyone reasonable time to cool off and Admin to respond to any concerns within the sane time frame for anyone's life.  I am in full agreement that they are not our paid, elected leaders.  Of course we all have free speech, but they are hardworking folks juggling a site we love around their day jobs.  With the exception of a hacking attempt to shut down and delete everyone's writings, nothing here is so urgent that it can't wait a couple days.  Being asked to give people sane time to address a concern and not escalate a conflict is not a gag order.  And it is not unfair to ask someone to be civil and patient.

I would ask, were the site to need to be paused or suspended for some reason in any worse case scenario, efforts be taken to ensure everyone's creative writings were backed up/not deleted.  Having lived through some of these, I'd be happy to help do the legwork of archiving files, etc.  Great appreciation to those who ensured that did not happen after the earlier situation this summer.
« Last Edit: 12/11/15, 09:39:18 AM by SivWysan »

Offline Sasmi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12/11/15, 08:55:39 AM »
I believe that the admins post on their decision in the other post are a rather sensible decision, I support it.  It makes sense to me.