BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

January 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jan 22: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Jan 25: Jedi kNight (7:30 PST)
Jan 26: Dancer's Palace 9pm PST
Jan 29: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: [Light Spoilers] Guide to the KotFE-Era Galaxy  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Semah

• The sand remembers where the river was.
    • View Profile
Re: [Light Spoilers] Guide to the KotFE-Era Galaxy
« Reply #15 on: 11/25/15, 03:53:22 AM »
+2 Show voters
One does not get onto the Dark Council by being the best hugger of kittens.

Once upon a time, back before you kids were born, the Sith were playing around with the idea of a Sphere of Yarns. Kitten-hugging was part of its portfolio, but in the end it got absorbed into the Sphere of Military Categy.

Offline Toasty McGrath

• Nykel Rooks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11/25/15, 07:14:32 AM »
0 Show voters
One does not get onto the Dark Council by being the best hugger of kittens.

Once upon a time, back before you kids were born, the Sith were playing around with the idea of a Sphere of Yarns. Kitten-hugging was part of its portfolio, but in the end it got absorbed into the Sphere of Military Categy.

The result? WAR KITTENS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kJs9-7zfGs

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11/25/15, 09:16:59 AM »
0 Show voters
Yes, but in broad strokes - it is still an option and a possibility to play.

And we don't know just how small... I mean we've got the thing that does the thing now...  :grin: At the next Chapter we could be half the galaxy wide! MUHAHAHAhahaa...

Yea yea small - individuals are smaller and do less damage :).

Just saying, it would be part of the "information dump" wouldn't it? Since it IS an option, however loose and broad it might be?

For some of us its quite important.

The reason I didn't bring up the Alliance is twofold:

1: This is a spoiler-light summary, mostly for those that haven't/aren't able to play KOTFE content but want to keep RPing. Describing developments in Chapter 9+ content feels too spoiler-y for my tastes.

2: The only spoilers I'm okay with giving out are common knowledge subjects. Stuff like
Spoiler: show
Arcann being the big bad, Valkorion being Vitiate and Marr being killed
are included, reluctantly, because these are things that it's reasonable for a lot of people to know about.

The Alliance is still in its nascent days, hiding from the most powerful fleet in galactic history and only just starting to actual make an impact on the galactic stage. The most information it'd be reasonable to expect for an average person to hear about the Alliance is "Hey, heard there's someone fighting back".

I can include a brief note on that subject, about distant rumors and unconfirmed reports, but that's as far as I feel comfortable going here. Again, if you want to make a more spoiler-y thread about the new character options in KOTFE, go right ahead.  But that's not the purpose of this thread.
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11/25/15, 02:11:28 PM »
0 Show voters
No that's fine - I was just thinking it warrented a mention; for those people who would be interested in that "avenue" so to speak and to know its this "little tinkling shiny star option..." :)  even if nothing else.  That's perfectly good just like the rest of it.

I just know from several other players who have spoken to me they are really looking forward to playing that aspect of it, and finally having a true outlet for cross-faction shennanigans against a common enemy we aren't just making up ourselves ;) - that is actually born out in-game current storyline as "supportable/possible" instead of feeling pressed to the back in all the clamor for inter-faction fighting.

But yes of course, its in its infancy and gathering members hushed-hushed.. that's ok.  Karmic's use to operating like that anyway ;).

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Semah

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11/26/15, 04:46:38 AM »
0 Show voters
What happened on Korriban exactly, beyond an attack? I didn't get much info from my dialogue choices on either side.

Offline Toasty McGrath

• Nykel Rooks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11/26/15, 07:18:14 AM »
0 Show voters
That information can be found in the Sacrifice trailer. Let's just say that the Eternal Empire kicked all kinds of ass on Korriban, and then they disappeared.
« Last Edit: 11/26/15, 07:20:24 AM by Nykell »

Offline Semah

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11/26/15, 08:23:20 AM »
0 Show voters
That information can be found in the Sacrifice trailer. Let's just say that the Eternal Empire kicked all kinds of ass on Korriban, and then they disappeared.

Thanks, yeah. But they didn't do anything big or horrible beyond what was in the video? No force-draining or blowing up the planet or reducing it slag or whatever your favorite superweapon impact is. Just a hit-and-run?

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11/26/15, 08:25:08 AM »
0 Show voters

Thanks, yeah. But they didn't do anything big or horrible beyond what was in the video? No force-draining or blowing up the planet or reducing it slag or whatever your favorite superweapon impact is. Just a hit-and-run?

That's the impression I got out of it.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Toasty McGrath

• Nykel Rooks
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11/26/15, 06:18:08 PM »
0 Show voters

Pretty much. Korriban wasn't particularly populated to begin with, but it was a key organizational and symbolic target, and one hell of a defended world to hit.

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11/26/15, 07:40:25 PM »
0 Show voters
Pretty much. Korriban wasn't particularly populated to begin with, but it was a key organizational and symbolic target, and one hell of a defended world to hit.

Never stopped anyone before, eh?
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Isarii

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01/03/16, 08:42:13 AM »
0 Show voters
A bit of insight on the state of the Jedi Order from the conversation with Choza Raabat.

PC: "I'm relieved to meet a fellow Jedi. It seems like there aren't many of us left.
CR: "There are not. Those who didn't fall to the Eternal Empire have scattered to the fringes. I've tried contacting them, without success."

Granted, since he's returning from a 12 year absence himself, it's possible he's just been unable to find the Jedi power structure - if there is one - but it definitely seems like the Jedi Order effectively isn't around anymore for most characters.

Offline Iaera

• Arbiter
  • Jeeeeeeediiiiiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01/03/16, 09:07:53 AM »
0 Show voters
That's the way Custodum is playing it. The Jedi have gone to ground, and no longer have any real public presence (as usual). Hopefully, it will be fun to play going forward!
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fiat justitia ruat clum

Iaera Farworlder - Jedi Master, lightsaber instructor, Jedi Custodum
Sibyl-ko Tanaji - ex-punk, fighter pilot, Argent Squadron
also many alts i never play ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01/03/16, 10:45:05 AM »
0 Show voters
Yea - lore wise (from the movies..) and OOC/IC wise..

This really makes NO sense to me but okey.  That the Jedi would bolt and run away when the Republic (and the galaxy) needed them.

And Karmic REALLY has nothing positive to say about Jedi anymore...  :rage: :evil:  She has little good to say about the Sith that ran and "hid", Jedi... *snorts* they're useless.

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01/03/16, 12:41:55 PM »
0 Show voters
This really makes NO sense to me but okey.  That the Jedi would bolt and run away when the Republic (and the galaxy) needed them.

Probably no more than they ran when Darth Revan turned up. The Jedi have been fighting and dying across two intergalactic wars and a particularly bloody cold war, plus the Revanites, Hutts, Dread Masters...its not unreasonable to think that the Eternal Empire simply killed or turned enough of them that the rest scattered or hung up their lightsabers.
There's only so many Jedi in the galaxy.

Characters:

In existence. Sort of. Hawking and Aspasia.