BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

August 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Aug 16: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Aug 16: Jedi Night: A Night at the Museum - 7:00 PM PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Linked Events

• December Begeren Colony Summit: 12/12/15

Author Topic: December Begeren Colony Summit  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
Re: December Begeren Colony Summit
« Reply #15 on: 12/13/15, 05:05:24 PM »
+2 Show voters
Ah I see. Well, looks like a wait and see stance is required as the dust is settling. However, I'd like to remind people, with all due respect to any that may have interests tied up in the behind the scenes kerfluffle regardless of the side of it they are on, that falling out with a few people doesn't mean and overall lack of welcome. Especially, since there isn't a guarantee to have trouble.

Goodness knows, I hopped right in the middle of things from the moment I got here over a year ago, and I run my mouth, so to speak, on this forum constantly. I haven't had any major troubles or even so much as a moderator warning in the past year. I think the problem is simply that in their eagerness to advance an idea, people sometimes forget to ask themselves five things:
  • Does this need to be said?
  • Does this need to be said by me?
  • Does this need to be said by me now?
  • Does this need to be said by me now in this place?
  • Does this need to be said by me now in this place in this way?

Sometimes the answer to all of it is yes, and you just have to go there regardless of the consequences, but that is rarely the case. More often people only need to alter one of those features, such as picking a different time, place, or method of presentation, and they can still accomplish the same goals without the trouble.

However, I hope this all resolves nicely in the end. I'll still be open to trying to help those who wish to work on RP issues or integrating into the RP community.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12/15/15, 08:47:54 AM »
0 Show voters
I hope it gets resolved soon as well. A server divided against itself is not good.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12/15/15, 11:09:57 AM »
0 Show voters
"That site is just so confusing for me to get around I don't know where to find anything."(Gilrob-Gm of The Origin) That and it seems the sign up system is glitched for the site.

Then they are going to have this similiar problem on enjin forums once you get setup.  If people just aren't familiar with forums then the only way they are going to become familiar with them is if they spend time getting to know them - Forums "period" (how to navigate them, calendar how-tos etc.).  That will be true unless the new forum only has 3 forums or something.  But then if you only have 3 main category forums and that's it you'll have the issue of threads being missed/lost because "everything to do with PVE is in this one forum" OR you don't have enough activity to move topics ....which is a separate problem.

I totally understand you guys setting up a separate site and sorry to hear about the sign up issues - that is certainly not good and not what we want!!

I hope our Admins know and are addressing the codeword issue and whatever else is glitching about signup.  I'm guessing this isn't something everyone is experiencing on signup?? (Admins?) As I know other new players who come here don't make mention of difficulties - but then again perhaps those are just being mentioned to the admins and they don't say it anywhere else!

As another "unity not division" note - its *really* not complicated or hard for someone to register (assuming yes bugs are fixed??) and then look at the calender directly on the left, click a date, put in their event and their contact information /summary of event - and then do nothing else.  Literally post nowhere else - just put the event on the forum and some contact info for those who want more details.

Even if we have no more posting crossover than getting events on BOTH calenders - I'd at least like to have the events up on both calenders just to help more people know what RP stuff is going on to show up to.  This way people can get to ALL RP events they are intersted in and they KNOW about them all so those who wish to engage in more RP with a wider variety of people can!

Seriously, they never have to look at a forum post or try to find anything themselves.  They can just click on the date of the calendar on everyone's page on the left right up front and put in their event.  Just for the sake of reaching the most number of players - (RP or otherwise) - if this really is about trying to make a server unified.

I hope once your site gets setup and once your calendar gets going that the people here who ARE taking the time to visit both will be able to move/carry over events to both calendars and try to keep that going so that way we DO have more avenues than these forums to get to know people through IC and RP etc.

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Artisan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12/15/15, 11:26:25 AM »
+1 Show voters
I hope our Admins know and are addressing the codeword issue and whatever else is glitching about signup.  I'm guessing this isn't something everyone is experiencing on signup?? (Admins?) As I know other new players who come here don't make mention of difficulties - but then again perhaps those are just being mentioned to the admins and they don't say it anywhere else!

Signup was broken for three days during the weekend. It is working properly at the moment.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12/15/15, 02:08:31 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm happy to keep cross-posting some of my events- though want to be sure don't step on any toes doing so.  Appreciate making sure all good on that.

One downside is the risk of things being lost on a single calendar- its the reason I don't always post very small guild-only events here.  But things meant for the wider population, whether an open-invite Guild run RP or GSF night sound reasonable to me.   
« Last Edit: 12/15/15, 02:10:49 PM by SivWysan »

Offline Crimsen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12/15/15, 02:37:07 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm happy to keep cross-posting some of my events- though want to be sure don't step on any toes doing so.  Appreciate making sure all good on that.

One downside is the risk of things being lost on a single calendar- its the reason I don't always post very small guild-only events here.  But things meant for the wider population, whether an open-invite Guild run RP or GSF night sound reasonable to me.   

I have on the calendar of the enjin site the server-wide War Room Night, Jedi Night, and Dancer's Palace already. I think I got it all right. Question- Is Jedi Night in post-timeskip?

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12/15/15, 05:15:32 PM »
0 Show voters
Jedi Night will be "Lost in Space" for a few more weeks, playing out the Timeskip in the Unknown Regions, then returning post-Jump time I believe. 

Dancer's Palace is also in a transition Seraphie is finalizing with a post-Timeskip form soon once she's ready to announce it OOC.

Can't speak for Imp Night, but heard you guys were caught up?   

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12/15/15, 07:48:04 PM »
0 Show voters
Yup Imp Night is caught up! Post-Timeskippage timeline now.

And many those imperial allies are leaping like rats from a sinking ship!!  :grin:

:darkside: :rage:

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood