BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

July 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jul 19: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jul 19: A Dread Mind
Jul 20: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Timeline Alterations - A Bit of Confusion  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
Timeline Alterations - A Bit of Confusion
« on: 03/05/16, 04:48:35 PM »
+1 Show voters
I began to notice something: Going through (and adding to, occasionally) Wookieepedia's entries regarding in-game stuff, particularly the KotFE storyline, there is a bit of a change regarding "what year it is".

Now, when the expansion released, it was implied that the events that took place after the Chapter 3 class story - Makeb, Revan, Ziost, getting ice-blocked, so on - all occurred in 3640 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin - as in, before the first Star Wars movie - for those unfamiliar with the dating), or 13 ATC (After the Treaty of Coruscant, the SWTOR dating system). The timeskip, therefore, would be five years later, in 3635 BBY/18 ATC. Except this no longer appears to be the case. All across the board, the events from Ilum onward have had years added onto them - according to a developer on Twitter, RL time has passed since the events on Ilum:

So, as a result, we got an additional three years tacked onto the timeline. Valkorion's death on Zakuul is now listed as being in 3637 BBY/16 ATC, and the timeskip is now 3632 BBY/21 ATC. So now, my brain is officially confused.
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
Re: Timeline Alterations - A Bit of Confusion
« Reply #1 on: 03/05/16, 05:21:04 PM »
0 Show voters
Though it raises confusion, it should be noted that it's not a official confirmation. They can modify the dates if someone brings up this confusing event to them. Point on it, though, it makes me feel old to realize there's been three years now XD

There are many ways to serve the Empire

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Offline Toasty McGrath

• Nykel Rooks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03/06/16, 08:03:24 AM »
+1 Show voters
Interesting. I've been assuming the 1 expansion = 1 year timeline the whole time.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03/06/16, 02:41:55 PM »
0 Show voters
Interesting. I've been assuming the 1 expansion = 1 year timeline the whole time.

Yeah.  If they can't keep their story straight, we'll just have to do what works best for each of us. 

Offline Toasty McGrath

• Nykel Rooks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03/07/16, 08:46:58 AM »
0 Show voters

Yeah.  If they can't keep their story straight, we'll just have to do what works best for each of us.

Well, it's mostly because that's the system that games generally go with. Even if you're with an expansion for two years, in-universe only one year has passed between expansions. Which gets awkward with games that have holidays...

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03/07/16, 07:53:30 PM »
0 Show voters

We RP - I thought we did this anyway.

RP Timey Wimey Rules!  :aww:

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood