BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

February 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Feb 22: Jedi kNight (7:30 PST) + Council Meeting
Feb 23: Dancer's Palace 9pm PST
Feb 26: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Feb 26: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice (6:30
Mar 1: Jedi Night (7:30 PM)
Mar 1: Mei Dei

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: 5.X Patchnotes, Updates, Guides, etc...  (Read 4913 times)

Online SquigglyV

• Don't you wish you shot like a girl?
    • View Profile
Re: 5.X Patchnotes, Updates, Guides, etc...
« Reply #165 on: 02/10/18, 07:08:36 PM »
0 Show voters
I noticed that too. I think those are heroic missions or side quests for the opposite faction, because most of the ones i've seen are in areas where I know there's a heroic, but maybe it does apply to class instances too.

I know an easy one to check so i'll report back on that in a few minutes.

edit: It does indeed apply to all phases. That's a weird change, it doesn't affect anything so why bother?
« Last Edit: 02/10/18, 07:11:57 PM by SquigglyV »

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 02/10/18, 07:14:53 PM »
0 Show voters
I keep seeing Instances labeled as "Imperial Faction" when I'm on my Republic character. Do they no longer display the specific Class Instance anymore?

... and confirmed. It now says Imperial Agent when I'm on my Imperial character. So now world map exploration to find role-play locations is even more opaque.

Thanks BioWare?
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Online SquigglyV

• Don't you wish you shot like a girl?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 02/10/18, 07:17:26 PM »
0 Show voters
I don't think you can get into those instances without being on the right mission anyway tho. So it's probably not a big deal.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 02/10/18, 07:20:21 PM »
0 Show voters
I don't think you can get into those instances without being on the right mission anyway tho. So it's probably not a big deal.

You are correct, you need to be on the right mission.

However, when exploring, you may discover an Instance for one of your other classes you haven't played through, so you previously would have know if you have an active Class that can play it. Now if you are on the opposing Faction, unless you remember the specific mission, you have no way to know which Class it pertains to.

It is a big deal in that it removes information to make game play easier for those pesky nuisances... the players.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 02/10/18, 09:13:44 PM »
0 Show voters
Mmm, that's one interpretation, Jaade.

Another is that it's pro-player: Players doing, say, their Smuggler story aren't spoiled at where the Trooper story would eventually go. All they see is "Republic instance". May sound silly, but I've found myself pulled out of the story at points by remembering "oh, right, that zone's where I'm supposed to go".
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 02/10/18, 11:08:00 PM »
+1 Show voters
I understand that perspective Orell.

Just as I understand the game design and story-related reasons why they use Instances to control game play and ensure everyone gets to play their individual story in a shared world environment.

However, for me, the number of times my immersion has been broken when I've been exploring a really well designed area of the map, perhaps a cave, or a base, or just some raw wilderness, and they let me most of the way inside, and then I hit the force field of game breakage.

Instances have never been Pro-Player for me. They've prevented me from playing the game beyond just as a CRPG, and instead playing it as a true RPG.