BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

August 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Aug 23: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Aug 23: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Aug 25: Port of Call: Aaand... Sold!

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Show The Love - Fundraising Raffle  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: Show The Love - Fundraising Raffle
« Reply #15 on: 02/28/17, 07:56:09 PM »
An honesty panel (minimal bribery involved) in the chat room oversaw the following results of the draw:

First place prize to: Nicohlas
Second place prize to: Nicohlas (who clearly paid proper tribute to the dice gods this morning)
Third place prize to: recoveringgeek

The remaining participants will be able to take 'next pick' from the prize list in the following order:
Karmic
Seraphie
Audaine
Cordae
Dassalya

I'm going to handle choice through PMs. First PM will go out to Nicohlas, and I'll send the updated list of prizes to each person after your predecessor has chosen. Keep an eye out for PMs from me over the next day or two!

Thanks again to all!

Spoiler: show
3:39:17   1   Niarra   Room   Sorry to interject into the middle of your RP planning, but I'm going to go ahead and start doing the raffle rolls here. Looks like everyone is taking it on faith! I could totally rig this... you guys are my honesty panel... heheh... :evil:
3:39:38   1   Stalker   Room   Pink haired Rix no, Amazonian Rix was for nine years. Though that would have been almost twelve years ago ingame time.
3:39:49   1   Noth   Room   ooh ok
3:39:50   1   Niarra   Room   (No need to stop chatting, though. I am just rolling around ya.)
3:40:00   1   Noth   Room   and yess, we will be the honesty panel
3:40:33   1   Stalker   Room   Or the dishonesty panel, Depending on the bribes applied. :darks:
3:40:47   1   recoveringgeek   Room   ** recoveringgeek tumbles down the rabbit hole ...
3:40:51   1   Niarra   Room   Rolls for the :aww: Show The Love :aww: fund raising raffle incoming:
3:41:20   1   Niarra   Room   For the first place grand prize:
3:41:30   1   Niarra   Room   /roll 1d32 ( Result: 5, Total: 5 )
3:41:40   1   Niarra   Room   That goes to Nicohlas!
3:41:51   1   Niarra   Room   For the second place prize:
3:41:56   1   Niarra   Room   /roll 1d32 ( Result: 10, Total: 10 )
3:42:04   1   Niarra   Room   Nicohals is a lucky duck.
3:42:11   1   Niarra   Room   For the third place prize:
3:42:15   1   Niarra   Room   /roll 1d32 ( Result: 25, Total: 25 )
3:42:24   1   Niarra   Room   Recoveringgeek!
3:42:38   1   recoveringgeek   Room   :thumbsup:
3:42:40   1   Stalker   Room   Grats Recoveringgeek!
3:43:06   1   Niarra   Room   Recoveringgeek, since you're in here, I'll be sending Nicohlas a PM to choose a prize from the list, and when he's done so I'll send you a PM with the remaining choices.
3:43:33   1   Niarra   Room   (If you're just looking for credits I suggest checking the GTN. Not sure what they're going for right now, but at the beginning of the month I think the mounts were going for about 10 million each.)
3:43:38   1   recoveringgeek   Room   No rush.
3:44:12   1   Iaera   Room   ** Iaera tumbles down the rabbit hole ...
3:45:09   1   Stalker   Room   Welcome Iaera.
3:45:09   1   Iaera   Room   :wave:
3:45:11   1   Niarra   Room   All right, I'm going to do the rest of the roll off. Rather than trying to ignore the 25 numbers that belong to Nic and Mr Geek, I'm going to reassign as per the following (and I'm typing all this out because I'll chat log this and post it for the record)
3:45:20   1   Niarra   Room   Dassalya: 1
3:45:23   1   Niarra   Room   Cordae: 2
3:45:25   1   Iaera   Room   grats to the winrars
3:45:26   1   Niarra   Room   Audaine: 3
3:45:34   1   Niarra   Room   Seraphie: 4 & 5
3:45:39   1   Niarra   Room   Karmic: 6 & 7
3:45:44   1   Niarra   Room   /roll 1d7 ( Result: 6, Total: 6 )
3:46:05   1   Niarra   Room   Sweet, that makes it easier. I'll lop of 6 & 7 now and roll on 5.
3:46:08   1   Niarra   Room   /roll 1d5 ( Result: 4, Total: 4 )
3:46:22   1   Niarra   Room   Lopping off 4 & 5 to roll on 3
3:46:24   1   Niarra   Room   /roll 1d3 ( Result: 3, Total: 3 )
3:46:33   1   Niarra   Room   Dice gods are making things easy for me.
3:46:35   1   Niarra   Room   /roll 1d2 ( Result: 2, Total: 2 )
3:47:12   1   Niarra   Room   The remaining participants will be able to choose from the list in the following order: Karmic, Seraphie, Audaine, Cordae, Dassalya.
3:47:14   1   Niarra   Room   Thanks to all!
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03/01/17, 12:08:25 PM »
HEY I"M NOT LAST!!  :aww: :grin:

Glad I could help! :)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05/15/17, 12:24:12 AM »
So, back in February I hosted this fund-raising raffle (as described in the original post on the thread), and we were able to raise four months of donations for the site. That covered us through the end of this month (May).

So I was thinking of holding another raffle in June! Even if we don't manage to raise four months' worth again, every little bit helps!

I wanted to ask the community, though, what you feel would make enticing raffle prizes? I can put up another 20 million credit grand prize pot, but I do want to try to have some items for at least second and third place winners again. I obviously can't guarantee I'll be able to acquire specific items, but I'm thinking more along the lines of categories of things that sound good. Rare dyes? Rare weapons? Weapon tunings? Taking all suggestions!
« Last Edit: 05/15/17, 12:28:19 AM by Niarra »
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05/15/17, 07:07:39 AM »
People can donate some things for it. I've got some Vrake Mounts and harder to get Decorations. I can spare a couple.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05/15/17, 07:54:19 AM »
Rare dyes? Rare weapons? Weapon tunings? Taking all suggestions!

I think in addition to some credits, those types of donations would go far.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05/16/17, 06:08:19 PM »
@Imazi was so quick with the generosity that she sent me several donations before I could announce it wasn't necessary.  :grin: More proof you guys are all awesome.  :aww: So between what I was already gathering and what Imazi has donated, we are now more than good on donations for prizes at this point, and will have a nice pool of prizes for winners to pick from!

The best thing our community folks can do to help at this point is just to donate whatever you can to the fund raising for the site, and give yourself a chance to win some prizes! As with last time, the minimum donation for entries will be $5. The rules will all be the same as last time, and I'll get a separate thread up on June 1st that outlines the prizes available.
« Last Edit: 05/16/17, 06:26:55 PM by Niarra »