BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 18: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Oct 18: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Iokath RP  (Read 2249 times)

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
Iokath RP
« on: 04/23/17, 02:18:13 PM »
+1 Show voters
For the first time in awhile (two years?), Bioware has presented us with an opportunity to reinvigorate the old Republic vs. Empire RP backdrop. The purpose of this thread is to discuss what people would like to see for guild and community RP centered on the conflict on Iokath. I rebranded my RP guild as <Imperial Wild Space Command> awhile ago to help RPers fit into the current game lore more easily, but what I really want to know is what plans other guilds/individual RPers have for Iokath RP.

If Pub-side guilds like <Jedi Custodum> or <The Wraiths> have plans for Iokath RP, that presents an opportunity for us to begin easing back into that old Pub v. Imp RP dynamic I think most of us are eager to get back to.

I believe @LVT has some plans to bring Iokath into people's RP some more, and I expect Iokath will be a focal point for my guild, probably for much of this year.

Below is a general overview of how I plan to incorporate the Iokath story into my guild's IC lore. I'm interested to hear from everyone else on whether or not they intend for Iokath to be included at all in their own personal or guild stories, and if there is any interest in guild/community RP centered on this new conflict.

<Imperial Wild Space Command>. As the Sith Empire's military unit responsible for advancing and protecting its interests in the region of Wild Space, the Iokath conflict will be a focal point of IWSC efforts for the foreseeable future. As of this post, elements of IWSC are en route to Iokath to augment Imperial forces under the command of Empress Acina, to help secure the alien sphere, its weaponry, and its resources to help the Empire rebuild and gain an edge over the Republic. Tuesday I will put up a news post announcing IWSC's arrival on Iokath. Moff Heermann is personally overseeing this operation and IC will be on Iokath (or the Ziost Avenger holding position over the sphere) for probably the next several months (so he won't be attending Dancer's Palace or that sort of thing). You can be sure if Custodum, Wraiths, or remnants of the Hypori Coalition show up, Heermann will deploy troops accordingly to address the threat.

Related Threads:

*Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath. General discussion of Game Update 5.2.
*Iokath RP - Space RP
*Iokath and Mando Stuff!
*Resurgence. IC P-b-P thread highlighting Imperial activities related to the Iokath conflict.
*Dawn of Doomsday: Landfall (Republic event)
« Last Edit: 04/28/17, 08:45:22 PM by Nicohlas »

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
Re: Iokath RP
« Reply #1 on: 04/23/17, 02:53:40 PM »
0 Show voters
I know for me, I'm excited to reignite the Republic vs. Empire RP again. I've already got Mei'li embedded into IWSC's efforts. :grin:

In terms of my other-main, Ke'rii, he's my tech, so there's a lot of opportunity waiting on Iokath for his use. He's sort of an independent in terms of Empire vs. Republic (he leans to the Empire, but still likes Republic credits :grin: )

I really hope to incorporate these two into new RP stories around Iokath! I'm pretty much along for the ride with whatever the community has in store.  :music:
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04/23/17, 03:53:27 PM »
0 Show voters
Very interested in incorporating Iokath into some of my rp. I already have Hateya in IWSC, but and I have some ideas beyond that too, but more details to come soonTM.

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04/23/17, 04:07:42 PM »
0 Show voters
I believe I'm defacto running the response on pubside; barring a bigger guild leader stepping in for me, as I've had a few ideas for events on imps vs pubs. Nic expressed interested in a back an forth, so I'll probably handle the pub response to the public and co-run the impstuff with nic.

So far the layout I have planned is another pub event, than an imp event, and then maybe a PVP event for the finale. We decided NOT to use the story line super-weapon (for obvious difficult reasons that the story branches hard); but instead I've opted to come up with my own super-weapon-ish thing on the planet that Nic agreed to. Iokath's full of new weapons and things we haven't heard of anyway, and it is an entire planet...

The next one of the events should be posted soon (As soon as I can get my RP trooper to 70).
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/23/17, 04:37:12 PM »
0 Show voters
We can get a character to Iokath simply by reaching 70, right? Like, we don't have to legitimately go through all the expansions, right? I have a republic version of Ke'rii that hasn't even done Shadow of Revan, but is 65 (i think). Just need to know I have him as a pub-side option. :grin:

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04/23/17, 06:36:55 PM »
0 Show voters
I might just steer some Custodum RP toward Iokath, as time permits...
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04/23/17, 07:22:35 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm probably in the minority here, but I haven't even gotten anyone through the entire class storyline, let alone any of the expansion materials (other than my free Level 60 who's a short ways into KotFE). I'm relying a little bit on summaries and Let's Plays to stay on top with the RP community. So if Iokath is story-gated that'd be a problem. Would also need some summaries of what's going on in the plot if anyone is willing to write one up. Personally a war plot doesn't appeal much to me... I'm more interested in Space!Monk things and exploration.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04/23/17, 08:48:42 PM »
0 Show voters
The two are not mutually exclusive.
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04/24/17, 01:06:32 AM »
+1 Show voters
We can get a character to Iokath simply by reaching 70, right? Like, we don't have to legitimately go through all the expansions, right? I have a republic version of Ke'rii that hasn't even done Shadow of Revan, but is 65 (i think). Just need to know I have him as a pub-side option. :grin:

Once you have a character at 70, you can pick up the Iokath mission from the console on your ship. You have to go through the four missions there, before you can access dailies, but you get access to the whole planet well before that. Minnette has completed the Iokath story and some dailies but hasn't yet done any of Ziost, KotFE or KotET.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04/25/17, 09:41:49 PM »
0 Show voters
Still catching up so largely a reply to initial post-  OOC, Admiral Wysan made a Wraith-force commitment to covert collaboration with Republic elements specifically seeking to avoid Superweapon proliferation (Pub or Imp), while also mindful that as freelance Alliance affiliates helping leading the remnants of the Hypori gang, we are technically supposed to be Imperial ally-ish too.  So could make things interesting.  Still need to see how much OOC interest in guild as a whole, but as a major development impacting our sphere of influence on the Rim and Republic borderland-Alliance regions, definitely possibilities for intrigue and continued relations between various factions. 
« Last Edit: 04/25/17, 09:43:55 PM by SivWysan »

Offline Toasty McGrath

• Nykel Rooks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04/25/17, 11:20:06 PM »
0 Show voters
Well, Nykel has been on Iokath from Day One if anyone needs a hook or introduction Repside. After this week my semester ends, and I'm itching for some RP.

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05/08/17, 09:01:45 PM »
0 Show voters
<Imperial Wild Space Command> met in battle in Republic forces over Iokath the other night. Now that we've begun landing troops on the sphere's surface, I wanted to gather the community's thoughts on what they'd like to see going forward:

*explore Iokath's surface?
*confront the Republic in ground combat (I have thousands of Iokath shards to pilot walkers as needed)?

Let me know what you'd like to see.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05/09/17, 10:09:01 PM »
0 Show voters
*ICily Karmic is at Moff Heerman's Disposal to summon/request to come help out at any time... Icily Karmic spends most of her time far out in the Rim conducting business so she's possibly closer than most even... to where he's at now* (I do not get space distance.  :grin: )

Oociily:

I'd LOVE exploration/discovery stuff - whatever you want to expand on that.  Its a tech world... there's story there! SURELY! lol

I'd also enjoy (some) types of Republic-Fighting as well.  So really as much "non-helpful" as "BOTH!" being the answer from me it really is BOTH ALL OF IT ALL!

Me personally get more from the Exploration Stuff and fighting NPCs than I get from PVP RP.  But now if you meant fighting republic in NPC type fights well that just has them pulling even instead of Exploring slightly ahead... XD.

I'm just not someone big into RP PVP even as much as Icily Karmic would be. :/
« Last Edit: 05/09/17, 10:11:31 PM by Karmic »

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05/10/17, 03:17:22 AM »
0 Show voters
Well I have Mei on the exploring end of things :grin: and that can also mean defensive combat.
I tend to shy away from PVP RP, but you never know, anything is possible... I did do the space RP, which I wasn't sure if I would be good at  :umm: So, you know... let's do it! I've got two characters at Moff Heermann's disposal now too (Mei'li and Ke'rii... and no... not the little jawa lol)

Offline TrickyNick87

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05/11/17, 09:07:27 AM »
0 Show voters
Thus far IWSC has got some great naval/space RP in focused on the Iokath arc.

I'd like to bring in the Wild Space Department (IWSC's Reclamation Service element), to redirect us from combat-centric RP and explore a little Iokathan lore and the non-military side of Imperial operations.

I was thinking of having an event on Iokath that would play like a hide and seek or search party event. I'd create an NPC for this. I was thinking of making it almost like a game and having Iokath decos as prizes.