BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

August 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Aug 23: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Aug 23: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Aug 25: Port of Call: Aaand... Sold!

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Upcoming Hiatus  (Read 1857 times)

Upcoming Hiatus
« on: 05/18/17, 02:10:06 PM »
+3 Show voters
(The following has been copy-pasted from the Clan Mercea forums.)

I'm making this post to let everyone here know that, at some point in the next two or three months, I'm going to be dropping offline and remaining offline for several weeks or more as I recover from major surgery. Earlier today I learned that I have what is essentially a tumor growing in an area of my back that's uncomfortably close to my spine. It's not cancerous and doesn't appear to be at risk of becoming cancerous, but it does pose of risk of growing exponentially and abscessing. Draining it will only prolong the inevitable, and so it has to be cut out at the root. It's difficult to think about the specifics of "the procedure" and what it means for me in the long-run, much less talk about it. But to give you all an idea, the area on my back that the doctors are going to be working on will require several rows of stitches, and I'm going to need to be put a brand new regimen of medication to make sure that I don't find myself overwhelmed by pain or succumbing to infection. Not only that, but the doctor also estimated that I'm going to need as much bed rest as it takes for the stitches to work their magic, meaning ten days of little to no physical activity. It... sucks... to say the absolute least, but it's unfortunately necessary. The alternative is to let it go until it's too late, and who knows what kind of damage that'd do to me.

*sigh* :sigh:

Anyway...

...how're all of you doing?
« Last Edit: 05/18/17, 02:16:20 PM by ThyssenKrupp »

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Hiatus
« Reply #1 on: 05/18/17, 02:24:25 PM »
0 Show voters
Stay safe and I wish you the best  :lightside:
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05/18/17, 02:49:49 PM »
0 Show voters
Stay safe, mate. May you have a speedy and comfortable recovery!
Zmaj: 32, Chiss agent, lover of intrigue wine
Caesiallus: 34, Twi'lek bartender, info-broker
Varinas: 40, Human Darth, archivist, former "diplomat"

Seem: 38, Rattataki Jedi Master, resident grump
Vashya'ati: 34, Togruta Jedi Sage, small-time archaeologist
Ash'tana: 32, Miraluka smuggler, trouble-finder extraordinaire

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05/18/17, 04:13:17 PM »
0 Show voters
Wishing you a very speedy and gentle recovery! Hope that everything goes well. :) *sends hugs*
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05/18/17, 04:35:04 PM »
0 Show voters
Positive vibes!! Take care of you. We'll be here when you return!
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05/18/17, 04:59:53 PM »
0 Show voters
As the others have said - take care of yourself with all the time you need, that always needs to come first. Wishing you luck and an easy recovery!
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05/18/17, 05:14:25 PM »
0 Show voters
Take care of of yourself Thy. We all want you healthy. After having had tumor surgery myself I'd say don't worry so much about the surgery. Just focus on recovering. We're all sending your our best wishes. :)
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05/18/17, 05:29:26 PM »
0 Show voters
Take care of yourself Thyssen! I'll keep praying for you. *hugs*

« Reply #8 on: 05/18/17, 05:43:18 PM »
+3 Show voters
I really can't put into words the emotion that welled up in me when I got around to reading these responses. Knowing that you've all got my back, even after I've been forced to take so much time off already for one reason or another... it means more than I can possibly say. Thank you, all of you. ❤

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05/19/17, 11:43:03 PM »
0 Show voters
Take care, Thy o7

« Reply #10 on: 05/20/17, 12:34:41 AM »
0 Show voters
Workin' on it, Seb! く(^ー゚)ノ

Offline NovaZero

• Life is the enemy, Death is our solace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05/20/17, 06:41:37 AM »
0 Show voters
I'm about to go through something myself so here's to you buddy :o

Oh, and... prepare reading things and queue your To Watch lists. For those moments you're awake, you will be bored out of your mind.

Good luck, take care!
Heads up! Most of my roleplay is done over Discord!

Hit me up there if you're keen!
Check profile for plot.

« Reply #12 on: 05/20/17, 01:20:44 PM »
0 Show voters
Way ahead of you, Nova!

And best of luck to you, as well!

« Reply #13 on: 05/23/17, 05:26:04 PM »
0 Show voters
By the way, for those of you who've been wondering...

(You're probably going to need to right-click and select 'open image in new tab' in order to view this properly.)

This is why I haven't been able to get on my own computer for the last few months, and why I'm not sure when I'll be able to again. The whole media room is like this. Just crammed full of my parents' numerous unfinished projects. About the only spaces free are the ones immediately in front of my gaming consoles, and the spot on the couch in front of them. And, yes, that is dog hair all over the carpet that has yet to be vacuumed. I daren't think about what the vents in my tower look like right about now. :rage:
« Last Edit: 05/24/17, 03:48:45 PM by ThyssenKrupp »

« Reply #14 on: 09/15/17, 02:50:17 PM »
0 Show voters
Hello everyone,

It's been a while, hasn't it? I wish I could say that I was returning to you with good news, or simply returning to you period. But I'm here today to let you all know that it's looking more and more likely the surgery that I thought that I was going to have to endure some months ago is going to occur at some point in the next couple of weeks. I go in on the 25th for a reevaluation of the "objects" in my back. Yes, objects. Plural. I now have more than one. Isn't that wonderful? Anyway, after the reevaluation comes the scheduling of the operation. I can't say for certain whether or not I'm still going to be completely out of contact with the world for the originally estimated ten days, but my guess is that I won't have to worry about being away for any longer than that, since the "objects" are more than likely all going to come out in one go. I could be wrong, of course, but I can't imagine that my dermatologist would want to take a “wait and see” approach this late in the game. But if he does, I'm going to insist that we go through with the procedure anyway, because having just one of these things being in danger of abscessing is bad enough. I mean, really, what have I got to lose? Y'know, other than skin. :sigh: