BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

July 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jul 19: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jul 19: A Dread Mind
Jul 20: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Poll

Vote for days:

Every other Saturday is better for me (start time negotiable)
0 (0%)
Every other Sunday is better for me (start time no earlier than 2pm server time)
0 (0%)
Alternating days of the weekend every other weekend
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: 06/26/17, 09:26:29 PM

Linked Events

• The Morti Vanta (Part 2): 06/26/17
  • Empire Day - Tinker (8pm server time): 07/08/17

Author Topic: Empire Day - Sith Empire Biweekly Event  (Read 5240 times)

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Day - Sith Empire Weekly Event
« Reply #15 on: 06/13/17, 04:35:55 PM »
0 Show voters
I wouldn't mind moving to every other week to make room for an intentional get-together for casual RP. A pro to this would be letting new people come and mingle more with the usual crowd. A con My only issue is that people are already do this by themselves outside of the event, so I'm not sure if anything intentional will change that. In other words, I don't know if there will be attendance for it.

What do the rest of you think? And what do all of you think about switching days?
« Last Edit: 06/13/17, 06:32:28 PM by Zmaj »
Zmaj: 32, Chiss agent, lover of intrigue wine
Caesiallus: 34, Twi'lek bartender, info-broker
Varinas: 40, Human Darth, archivist, former "diplomat"

Seem: 38, Rattataki Jedi Master, resident grump
Vashya'ati: 34, Togruta Jedi Sage, small-time archaeologist
Ash'tana: 32, Miraluka smuggler, trouble-finder extraordinaire

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06/14/17, 04:16:18 PM »
+2 Show voters
Here are the two choices for next Monday:

Mission: "More Like Guidelines"
Summary:
The seven-year war against Zakuul has forced many old pirate crews and gangs into retirement. But where many failed, others succeeded, gaining notoriety for themselves according to whom they chose to attack. The Sevshel Pirates, once only a nuisance to minor Republic trade routes, have made quite a name for themselves. Bold and brave (or perhaps one of few crews stupid enough to try) they made a fortune off calculated attacks against Zakuul, making them legendary to both friend and foe.

With the war over, it was expected that they'd go back to pillaging the Republic with a vengeance, and they have delivered on that expectation. But they have also begun to brazenly stalk Imperial trade routes. Intelligence has opened a dispatch to any who might be willing to woo the pirates to the Empire. Or, if they can't be recruited, use any means necessary to ensure they don't attack Imperial routes ever again.

Mission: "The Morti Vanta"
Summary:
"Mortivanta" is an influential piece of Sith Pureblood art that depicts the eponymous heroine of an opera also bearing her name. Since its theft and subsequent return to the Dromund Kaas Museum of Fine Arts, it has been closely watched, but has also regained the attention of the public, art community, and (strangely enough) conspiracy theorists. There has been no end to insistence that the painting hides a code for Sith Intelligence's security, a map to buried treasure, secret documents, and so on.

One such theorist by the name of Jalesk Helane (a small-time art restorer attached to the DKMFA) has rescued a piece of stolen art from the black market and asked for an ear for his ideas instead of the monetary reward placed for the painting. He insists that the attraction of the painting has to o with the Force itself rather than it's beauty or the skill used to paint it. He also believes that the opera Mortivanta is not a work of fiction, but rather a (somewhat embellished) summary of an actual sith's life, and that the painting is a clue to unlocking the true story.

His request has been docketed and Intelligence is not actively recommending this be pursued. It is ultimately up to you to decide if this legend has a kernel of truth, or if Mortivanta is simply what she appears to be: a work of fiction.

Please express your interest for one and state below!

Offline Erednash

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06/14/17, 04:30:12 PM »
+1 Show voters
Honestly, they both sound interesting to me, and I'm not sure which one would be more fun. If I had to choose, I'd say The Morti Vanta, for it's National Treasure feel.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06/14/17, 04:34:36 PM »
+1 Show voters
My vote is for Morti Vanta! That sounds very intriguing and is a bit more Sith-themed than the past adventures.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06/14/17, 04:50:38 PM »
+1 Show voters
Oooh, I'm going to vote for Mortivanta as well! I like the mysticism and mystery.
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06/14/17, 04:56:39 PM »
+1 Show voters
Mortivanta sounds really really REALLY cool! And I'd love to find a way to join in, but I don't know if I have a character to tag along. My characters are either deployed to Iokath with IWSC, or a creative civilian family of performing artists......

Also, weekends are best for me (I voted so, but feel free to discard my vote to others who have more actively been involved in Empire night).
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Elym

• pedantic but generally okay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06/14/17, 04:57:16 PM »
+2 Show voters
how am i supposed to choose omg i mean one has customs drama and the other one has art history/conspiracy theory drama i'm dying these prompts are too awesome. brb flailing.

i am in for either :P

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06/14/17, 07:39:04 PM »
0 Show voters
Mortivanta sounds really really REALLY cool! And I'd love to find a way to join in, but I don't know if I have a character to tag along. My characters are either deployed to Iokath with IWSC, or a creative civilian family of performing artists......

Also, weekends are best for me (I voted so, but feel free to discard my vote to others who have more actively been involved in Empire night).

I still appreciate you voting since you're new coming to this though! It'll give me a newcomer gauge.

If you're struggling with who to bring and still want to get involved come Monday, I can always set you up to NPC! I'd give you a skeleton plan for what the NPC(s) should be doing plot-wise and a loose personality lay out, but you'd be able to fill/act out the character how you like from there.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06/14/17, 08:53:11 PM »
0 Show voters
I voted for Tuesday, but weekends are equally good for me as well!
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06/15/17, 07:06:55 PM »
0 Show voters

I still appreciate you voting since you're new coming to this though! It'll give me a newcomer gauge.

If you're struggling with who to bring and still want to get involved come Monday, I can always set you up to NPC! I'd give you a skeleton plan for what the NPC(s) should be doing plot-wise and a loose personality lay out, but you'd be able to fill/act out the character how you like from there.

That's an idea. Though Mondays for me are more "I'm so mind-numbed from work straight after the weekend, I can't think". LOL I would probably fall asleep...  :umm:
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06/16/17, 09:39:14 AM »
0 Show voters
On that note, I actually have some news. As of now (or well...effectively, July 10th), ya GM Zmooj has an actual adult job!!! I'll be working as a lab tech in a hospital!!!

I'm thrilled that the job hunting is finally over and I'll be putting my degree to use, but after they train for six months I'm going to be taking the evening shift, which means I won't be reaching home until close to midnight. :shifty: I really really really want to keep this night going, and I can for the first six months of the job. But after that I may have to move this to weekends (probably every other Saturday or Sunday) if I want to continue GMing.

I'm sorry about the poll since it was supposed to be for people's opinions and is now rendered void in the face of things. If weekends are too awkward for those currently involved I'll pass the GMing off to someone else and guest once in a while/make a larger event for the actual weekend.

Lemme know how you feel about weekends/how busy y'all are and we'll figure out a way to keep this thing going!
« Last Edit: 06/16/17, 09:43:46 AM by Zmaj »

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06/16/17, 11:07:31 AM »
0 Show voters
I'm fine on some weekends - but I'd also say that's six months away so give yourself like 4 months before you have to figure that out! :)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06/16/17, 12:24:11 PM »
0 Show voters
Congrats on the job!! That is awesome news!

Weekends sound good to me, and also like it might help a lot of people since I am reading a lot of like... Monday is tiring type sentiments.

Offline Erednash

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06/16/17, 05:08:55 PM »
0 Show voters
Weekends are fine with me.

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06/16/17, 05:29:46 PM »
0 Show voters
yey!
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)