BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

January 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jan 25: Jedi kNight (7:30 PST)
Jan 26: Dancer's Palace 9pm PST
Jan 29: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Manaan Stronghold - Integrating into Lore and RP  (Read 765 times)

Offline Nicohlas

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
Manaan Stronghold - Integrating into Lore and RP
« on: 06/25/17, 10:23:43 PM »
+2 Show voters
So we'll be getting the Manaan SH next month (yay!).  I know a lot of people are excited about it, particularly for its RP potential.  Personally, as someone who principally RPs Imperial characters, a SH on Manaan doesn't do me much good, but I think I have a workaround.

The mission of Imperial Wild Space Command's Imperial Wild Space Astrography Service is to explore and map Wild Space and the Unknown Regions.  I was thinking about using this as the basis for an IC "discovery" of a new, aquatic world, which would be incorporated into the Empire.

This planet would become part of <IWSC> lore but anyone would be welcome to use it.

Let me know what thoughts you have, as well as prospective names for the planet.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
Re: Manaan Stronghold - Integrating into Lore and RP
« Reply #1 on: 06/25/17, 10:37:16 PM »
0 Show voters
That's an excellent idea. I know one thing that keeps coming up when people discuss Manaan is how to justify it in RP. Even Republic characters have a bit of a hard time doing so.

As for names... I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd // Orans: Jedi Master
Seirion: Senatorial Aide // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Terr: Mandalorian Chieftain // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06/25/17, 11:01:11 PM »
0 Show voters
It could also be a hidden research outpost, laboratory or listening station. Part of the stronghold is underwater. I imagine the above water part could be a front.
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

« Reply #3 on: 06/26/17, 12:24:54 AM »
0 Show voters
Seems like it'd be good for a mercenary stronghold. y'know, like Mother base in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid V.

Offline Iaera

• Arbiter
  • Jeeeeeeediiiiiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06/26/17, 03:03:05 AM »
+1 Show voters
Yeah, seems to me a Manaan SH can easily just be used as a stand-in for any ocean planet, or even just any marine/underwater base. I use Yavin 4 SH as a stand-in for Tython all the time.
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fiat justitia ruat clum

Iaera Farworlder - Jedi Master, lightsaber instructor, Jedi Custodum
Sibyl-ko Tanaji - ex-punk, fighter pilot, Argent Squadron
also many alts i never play ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06/26/17, 06:18:53 AM »
0 Show voters
Nic, is there a large enough ocean space on Belkadan for a place like this? Malagant needs some new digs. Or if not, perhaps on that waterworld the IWSAS could find, that you mentioned. :D
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06/26/17, 07:17:06 AM »
0 Show voters
Ooh, a water station on Belkaden would be cool too! Or an entire water planet! Now I'm more excited for this release!

Here is a list of aquatic planets... Might be a good place to start:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Aquatic_planets
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Availability: M, T, Th 6-8pm PST. No Wed. Fri/Sat/Sun 50% chance.
Contact me on Discord: Mei'li#3559 or PM

Offline Elym

• pedantic but generally okay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06/26/17, 08:14:13 AM »
0 Show voters
In the absence of any hard "there's no water on Belkadan" info I missed, I think an ocean lair there would be fine by me. But if you wanna move to the new planet that is of course totally cool. :grin:

Offline Kremon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06/26/17, 08:42:45 AM »
0 Show voters

I'm calling it here and now, someone, somewhere is going to roleplay their stronghold as a trooper stronghold on Kamino regardless if it's been discovered or not by the galaxy at large...
Exephos; a haunted war-ravaged veteran.
Shad'ra; an indecisive ex-mandalorian.
Gharzog; a happy-go-lucky gun for hire.

Offline Nicohlas

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06/26/17, 09:00:35 AM »
0 Show voters
Nic, is there a large enough ocean space on Belkadan for a place like this? Malagant needs some new digs. Or if not, perhaps on that waterworld the IWSAS could find, that you mentioned. :D

According to Belkadan's Wookieepedia page, the planet has multiple small natural bodies of water, so I think a Manaan SH used as Belkadan wouldn't look totally right, but ultimately that call is up to the player.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06/26/17, 11:56:11 AM »
0 Show voters
Yeah, seems to me a Manaan SH can easily just be used as a stand-in for any ocean planet, or even just any marine/underwater base. I use Yavin 4 SH as a stand-in for Tython all the time.

I have wanted to make "the ruins of Mahara Kesh" on Manaan for ... literally since the first rumor that it might be coming, so years ago. I'm definitely going to try to make it, but it's going to be a loooong proccess gathering all the necessary decos.
Pubs

Bren: Jedi Archaeologist // Iirim: Padawan Spook // Zorru: Jedi Recruiter // Aybekk: Padawan Nerd // Orans: Jedi Master
Seirion: Senatorial Aide // Varooth: Iridonian Politician // Ayrak Malid: Arbiter of Clans // Telen: Tiny Slicer

Imps

Urziya: Mandalorian 'Diplomat' // Terr: Mandalorian Chieftain // Majia: Pirate Princess // Athuuna: Agent Cyberneticist // Zhekrazh: Mysterious Sith

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06/26/17, 01:29:18 PM »
0 Show voters

Yeaa.. here's me going - "People actually use their Strongholds as places on the actual ooc planet the SH is on?"  What a novel idea...

The Maanaaaann SH doens't have to be anywhere it doesn't work for you guys; if it doesn't fit or a stretch - then Icily its something else.

In Karmic-head-land - NS is the inside of her ship; DK is both a "random hotel room" (has been Kaas, has been SHaddaa, has been unknown before) and a few rooms that operate as my Spaceship Captain's Deck.  A room on Coruscant SH is "Ilum..."

I mean yea the water is "big" but any "big lake" explains the water enough I would think? 

Use it for whatever you like - and then the next day change it to another place that suits your purposes!  All of the above ideas sound great to me!

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09/21/17, 05:59:56 PM »
0 Show voters
It could also be a hidden research outpost, laboratory or listening station. Part of the stronghold is underwater. I imagine the above water part could be a front.

The Manaan SH posed some special problems that other SHs did not, namely, it has a very bad hook allocation. I've always been of the opinion that it's more important for a SH to look good than to just fill it up with random crap to reach 100%. As with any SH, having a theme in mind helps achieve that polished look that sets it apart from others.

That being said, I chose to use the Manaan SH as a "safehouse" for my Imperial Agent. On the outside, it appears opulent and unaffiliated with any faction. Once you get inside, however, it becomes obvious that it is an Imperial base.

For mine, it's sitting at about 55% right now, but honestly that's probably as far as it will go since as I mentioned earlier, if I try to cram more stuff in it, it will start to look silly.