BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 18: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Oct 18: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: A Subdued Evening  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
A Subdued Evening
« on: 06/27/17, 09:59:36 PM »
@Lolermelon

I almost began this with 'my lord', but I believe we're past that now, aren't we?

Enclosed in this envelope are two items: a ticket to Mortivanta, and a pass for dinner at the opera house itself, which can be had during the production or intermission. I procured a box for this, of course. (Box 12. Perfect view of the entire opera house and stage, squarely in the middle, not too high but not too low.)

It's an involved opera but from what I understand it'll be worth it. Lord Callus is supposed to be performing the leading role and it is, by all accounts, a colorful and vibrant opera meant to be absorbed by all Imperials. How delightful to be counted as an equal. Doors close at 6:30pm!

- A

P.S. I doubt the doors will stop you, but if you're late, I'll assume intrigue is afoot and prepare accordingly.

~

Dromund Kaas Opera House. Even through the decades of service, the wars, the attacks and unknowns, the rain, it'd stayed intact. No surprise of course; the place was made out of stone, carved lovingly (or at least pridefully) by sith artists whose names she couldn't recall.

Her eyes fixed quietly on the crowds wandering the opera lobby. She had a terrible predilection for being early to all things, she realized. It was a wonder the staff didn't recognize her; her self-assigned "station" by the left window was a favorite of hers while waiting here. It offered a nice vantage point for the room.

How long had it been since she'd last set foot under this roof? Seven years? Nine? Strands of silver now invaded her immaculate hair. Her eyes crinkled more easily at the edges. But, much like the opera house, she was still standing tall. Perhaps that was all that mattered in the end: fighting and living to tell the tale. And what a tale the last seven years had made.

"Hm...I wonder if he's arrived earlier than me," she mused.
Zmaj: 32, Chiss agent, lover of intrigue wine
Caesiallus: 34, Twi'lek bartender, info-broker
Varinas: 40, Human Darth, archivist, former "diplomat"

Seem: 38, Rattataki Jedi Master, resident grump
Vashya'ati: 34, Togruta Jedi Sage, small-time archaeologist
Ash'tana: 32, Miraluka smuggler, trouble-finder extraordinaire

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
Re: A Subdued Evening
« Reply #1 on: 06/28/17, 07:46:40 AM »
Aliana,
We were past that some time ago, my fair diplomat.
I do enjoy a bit of involvement every now and again, and I definitely enjoy a good show.
Sith Actors are a rarity these days, even moreso than during the Cold War. I simply cannot wait.
-L.T.
P.S. I'll try not to dally with fans or death threats. I wouldn't want to keep you waiting.
~

Dromund Kaas Opera House. It stood, much as it had when he kept his title, and looking it over instilled a certain nostalgia. He was different now than he was, then... but he did have such fun.

His reverie was cut short, however, by the latter part of his postscript. All of twenty minutes on planet, and a clarion call of 'traitor!' brought the slightest frown to his face. The assailant, a middle-aged human of some import, judging by his attire, let out a banshee wail as he crossed the Opera Hall Square, and a soft whimper as he clambered to the floor from a well-placed elbow to the throat from the Pureblood.

"Later, please. I have a show to attend."

Taelios set the man on his feet by means of the force, pat him on the head as he recovered from his daze, and then checked his wrist-chrono. A sigh of distaste- still early, but probably late compared to his companion. She was always so well-rehearsed and timely.

He strode up the stairs to the Hall, presented his ticket, and passed through the turnstile into the lobby.

His youthful visage, timeless as ever, upturned into a smile as he scanned the lobby for his companion.

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
A Subdued Evening
« Reply #2 on: 07/01/17, 10:29:30 AM »
The pageantry for the opera had never been more impressive in her opinion. Well-to-do members of the military filed in with their company on their arms, crisp uniforms pressed and brushed to perfection. Famous Sith lords strode impressively around the room drenched in rich scarlets and purples. Even the average citizens that'd somehow managed to procure tickets had come determined to shine alongside their loftier peers. There was an air of excitement that hadn't been felt for ages, every last inch of the lobby drowned in the buzz of talking.

She took in the chatter with the ear of one used to the constant absorption of information. But tonight, the prospect of hearing something suspicious felt less likely than ever. There was no dedicated assignment, no general upheaval to work in the shadows of, no dynasty to struggle against. There was only a night of opera to look forward to.

It was as close to a public day off as she'd come in years.

The crowd pressed and the talk swelled, but it didn't take long to find her companion. She carefully slid past a pair of rather animated moffs toward him, and gently tapped his shoulder. "It seems everyone had the same idea about 'arriving early'," she said.
« Last Edit: 08/08/17, 05:50:04 PM by Zmaj »

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/04/17, 03:59:42 PM »
Taelios turned at the touch on his shoulder. He looked up at Aliana, smiled a wide and delighted grin, and nodded emphatically.

"Who would want to be late to a show like this? A good lot of the entertainment is in the gathering, after all. I think someone tried to stab me outside, and what would a trip to Dromund Kaas be without some sort of assassination attempt?"

He let out a soft giggle, inching away from the pair of Moffs and motioning his companion to follow. "You know, today it's almost _expected_ you treat me as your equal, huh? I'm looking forward to our newfound first name basis, given my lack of title."

A wink, and a playful elbow to Aliana's side.

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/12/17, 06:58:46 PM »
If the quiet, sharp exhale through her nose was any indication, she found the "assassination attempt" to be highly amusing. A look of false superiority followed with his declaration, and she lazily batted away his elbow. "I'm a master at evasion, remember? I'm sure I can find creative enough ways to address you without actually addressing you."

Red eyes slid right, held there in anticipation for being followed. There would be less to bother her tonight than every before, but habit was a terrible thing to drop. "I hear the great Pureblood soprano Lord Callus is supposed to take point in tonight's performance. Do you remember her?" She followed, entering the sea of glittering finery of the crowd. "She was at the last opera we attended. Only three years into her career back then, I think. Or was it five?"
« Last Edit: 08/08/17, 05:50:52 PM by Zmaj »

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07/20/17, 07:43:04 AM »
"Of course I remember. She played the Mistress in the second act- a waste of her talent on such a small role, but it is what it is."

Taelios' gaze drifted to the middle distance for a moment, before returning to Aliana. He made his way past murmurs and several pointed glares to their booth, and plunked himself into his seat with the usual reckless abandon.

"Hopefully no faulty pyrotechnics this time. I didn't come with a costume change."

The Pureblood smiled cheerfully at his companion, fished a humming flask from under his suitcoat, and set to drinking with nary a further word.

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07/20/17, 06:34:28 PM »
Before now, most of those she'd seen directed at him had been purely out of aggravation. And as for her, well...she was Chiss. The list of reasons to be glared at had probably increased over the years, second only to the list of actual people who bothered glaring.

Not that it mattered. In the end, all it was was a look. What was a glare when you knew you could break the person giving it to you?

She sank into the booth with her usual grace, carefully arranging her cape before she folded her hands primly in her lap. "It was a fun occasion in spite of everything. Messy. But fun."

Her eyes wandered to the audience stretching out below and around them. People had come ready to enjoy themselves for as long as it took; a much-needed reprieve between the stubborn process of rebuilding and the headaches of electing new bodies to take positions of power. And any and all in those positions seem to have come out ready to make a statement. Dozens of scandals immediately stretched before her like a network, connecting or running parallel with each face.

She reached into the small bag she'd brought with her and plucked up a pair of carved binoculars. "Everyone and their mistress seems out in full, fashionable force tonight," she murmured. "I suppose time spent out of the Empire makes it seem a little trite. We probably haven't changed much here."
« Last Edit: 08/08/17, 04:56:03 PM by Zmaj »

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07/28/17, 06:16:44 AM »
"It's not at all trite. A bit entertaining with all my time spent elsewhere- everyone AND their mistresses, you say?"

Taelios giggled playfully at Aliana, her careful observation of those gathered not-at-all unnoticed by the Pureblood. He smirked at her, making a sweeping gesture at the crowd.

"The game never really ends, does it? Hopefully you can sit on the bench for today..."

The Sith wiggled in his seat, retrieving his own pair of opera glasses to observe comfortably.

"Thank you, by the way, for having me. It has been far too long- both coming here and seeing you for longer than ten minutes."

Taelios murmured, digging about his own satchel and retrieving a fistful of candy. Thankfully, when he began to eat it he was relatively polite and went piece by piece, as opposed to shoveling it down his gullet.
« Last Edit: 07/28/17, 06:18:56 AM by Lolermelon »

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08/08/17, 05:07:38 PM »
Her species was known as a cold one, seemingly ungainly when it came to emotion and hard-pressed for any reaction that was not controlled. Habit dictated the straightness of her shoulders and the lack of unnecessary movement. But it was the years of knowing the former sith (or perhaps too much time spent around humans) that led her to craftily pluck a piece of candy out of his fist. And more so, to smile warmly.

"I enjoy few things, and opera is one of the best. ...Well, and a fine vintage from home, I suppose. But the other thing I enjoy most is good company. So to have two good things in one evening? My luck had better hold out for the next few hours against such delights," she murmured back playfully. Her smile sustained as the lights of the theater dimmed.

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08/19/17, 06:46:10 PM »
Taelios offered Aliana a scandalized gasp, then settled into silence as the lights went dim.

"Careful, lest someone thing you're capable of experiencing fun."

The orchestra's opening theme was loud. The footsteps near their box were not, and in most cases would be covered by the former.

The diminutive Pureblood never made much of an effort to mask his presence or act in any sort of subtle manner, and it was this lack of care that allowed the would-be assailant to locate their box. In a conspiratorial tone, Tae murmured to Aliana.

"Should I handle our guest or would you like to? I think this early disruption is more agreeable than it would be during the show...we could be lenient."