BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

August 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Aug 23: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Aug 23: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Aug 25: Port of Call: Aaand... Sold!

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Stargazing!  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
Stargazing!
« on: 07/01/17, 09:13:43 PM »
+5 Show voters
Enjoying time with my dad and his new telescope, and grabbed this shot of the moon! Also saw, but unable to get a decent photo, Jupiter (could even see it's surface and not just a blob of light), and Saturn too. I need to steal this telescope before I go back home! :music:
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Elym

• pedantic but generally okay
    • View Profile
Re: Stargazing!
« Reply #1 on: 07/01/17, 11:31:13 PM »
0 Show voters
I think I also need this telescope... :grin: what a lovely way to spend the evening

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07/01/17, 11:35:28 PM »
0 Show voters
I can't believe how defined the craters are...such an awesome shot!
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07/02/17, 06:36:22 AM »
0 Show voters
The camera doesn't even do it justice! If the clouds can clear out this morning we're gonna look at the sun... because this thing can look at the sun and not burn your eyes out!  :dance: It is super cool, and a beast of a telescope!

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07/02/17, 10:22:26 PM »
0 Show voters
You will have to forgive me... I'm space-nerding out here. XD My dad's telescope is truly awesome. I took more shots of the moon... tried to get Jupiter this evening, but the camera we set up probably needs some filters on it. Same with Saturn, though I did get a 'decent' one of that one :grin:

Here are some shots of the moon earlier in the evening and then the one of Saturn. So pretty. XD

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07/02/17, 10:23:44 PM »
0 Show voters
And some shots later in the night of the moon... also trying to see if I can get the video of the fly by we did of it.... *crosses fingers* I know how to work YouTube.... XD

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07/02/17, 10:43:23 PM »
+1 Show voters
Woo! I figured out YouTube!

https://youtu.be/2pFBU-ZwUDU

I mean, it's like I was that close to the moon, but I was in my parent's backyard XD :dance:

Offline Sebrik

• I Peaked in Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07/02/17, 10:47:24 PM »
0 Show voters
Woo! I figured out YouTube!

https://youtu.be/2pFBU-ZwUDU

I mean, it's like I was that close to the moon, but I was in my parent's backyard XD :dance:

Mei I don't think I've ever seen a YouTube video titled more accurately than that.

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07/02/17, 10:51:48 PM »
+1 Show voters
So amazing, @Mei! I don't know why I get so fixated on the craters. It's kinda terrifying in a way...like, how many bullets did that poor moon take on our behalf?

Does the telescope have a built-in camera that you're taking these pics and videos with?
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07/03/17, 06:42:12 AM »
0 Show voters
Mei I don't think I've ever seen a YouTube video titled more accurately than that.
LOL some days I'm creative; others.... not so much! =P

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07/03/17, 06:50:14 AM »
0 Show voters
So amazing, @Mei! I don't know why I get so fixated on the craters. It's kinda terrifying in a way...like, how many bullets did that poor moon take on our behalf?

Does the telescope have a built-in camera that you're taking these pics and videos with?

I know, Ela! They are fascinating to look at!

The telescope comes with several lenses and extensions, filters, etc. A camera was one of them that we were able to hook up directly to a computer to get the recording and stills. Unfortunately we didn't have other filters for the camera to pick up Jupiter and Saturn better. And because the auto tracking is having issues and we have to manually follow the planets and stars, it was like trying to focus on a moving target (which, you know, is impossible) so they were a bit bkurry. Seeing them through the viewer without the camera was just.... wow!

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07/03/17, 04:28:54 PM »
0 Show voters
Everytime I see up close shots of the moon the only thing I can think is... "It really does look like swiss cheese..."  :evil:  :grin:

Such a cool little Saturn! Too bad you didn't get any of the sun I was curious to know what you guys saw!

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07/03/17, 04:52:57 PM »
0 Show voters
I love the photos! Maybe someday I'll look at a nice telescope like that... I certainly have the sky for it! Make sure you plan to watch the eclipse in August with it!

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07/03/17, 06:40:36 PM »
0 Show voters
Everytime I see up close shots of the moon the only thing I can think is... "It really does look like swiss cheese..."  :evil:  :grin:

Such a cool little Saturn! Too bad you didn't get any of the sun I was curious to know what you guys saw!

LOL It does look like cheese XD
Unfortunately, the sun was "boring". Just a giant blob of orange, and no sun spots like my dad said he saw the other day.

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07/03/17, 06:42:36 PM »
0 Show voters
I love the photos! Maybe someday I'll look at a nice telescope like that... I certainly have the sky for it! Make sure you plan to watch the eclipse in August with it!

I wish I were able to watch the eclipse in August, but they are taking it to a family reunion I'm unable to go to during that time. But I'm sure I'll see all the photos and video from it.