BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

August 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Aug 23: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Aug 23: Jedi Night: Mahara Kesh - 7:30 PM PST
Aug 25: Port of Call: Aaand... Sold!

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: So, this is the beginning of a Goodbye.  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Kremon

• View Profile
So, this is the beginning of a Goodbye.
« on: 08/30/17, 08:46:25 AM »
0 Show voters

This day was coming up on my calendar, but that makes it no less difficult.
This is goodbye, for two years time.

I've decided to serve a religious mission, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a decision I debated, but ultimately knew the eventual choice. Part of the standards that missionaries vow to uphold is to abstain from the distractions of the world, so... This will be a farewell until we meet again.

I'm hoping that in two years time, I'll come back and still find all you wonderful people still here, but since the passing of time is cruel, I must assume the worst and that this would be an adieu to you all for good. You are all wonderful people that I have come to love and have learned from over my time spent here. Be it highs or lows, Begeren Colony's always been there as a place for me to express my creativity and love for Star Wars.

In that time, I've come to make exceptionally good friends among you all, and I would hate to leave without some special remarks.

Seraphie - Your incredible. You host Palace Night, keep the decor constantly updated, arrange and GM numerous events, besides welcoming everyone to the site and being an all around magnificent hostess both on and off the site.

Noth - A while back you were having a hard time, but I'm happy to see your back on your feet. Your a great artist, and no matter how much the world knocks you around, keep on enduring, because your understanding nature is a joy to behold.

Karmic - You've always been a willing one to lend an ear and offer advice when someone's going through trouble. If ever there's ever a single person on the site expressing worries, it's a sure bet that your there to console and express kindness.

Niarra - If anyone's taught me anything about good writing and character development, it's been you. Don't kid yourself that your writing isn't good, it's fantastic. You've definitely got a talent for it, and I urge you to pursue it. I'd love to read a publishing of yours in future.

Mei - I only just got to know you through the recent storylines, but it's clear that you've got spunk and I like that.

LVT - Your a cool operator that always got my plots moving and my creative juices flowing one way or another. You always had a clear sense of right and wrong with them that I liked, and I want you to know that I appreciated that.

Nicohlas - For whatever reason, your constant attempts to convert my characters and others to the Imperial side reminded me of Starship Trooper... I always half expected you to say; "Would you like to know more?" But your a good organizer and great at keeping everything and everyone in the IWSC up to date.

Last but not least, Lolermelon - I've really only got one thing to say: Keep it wacky.

I still have a few days left, with the final date being 12th September. Until then, I hope to keep in touch with you all for as long as possible.
Exephos; a haunted war-ravaged veteran.
Shad'ra; an indecisive ex-mandalorian.
Gharzog; a happy-go-lucky gun for hire.

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
Re: So, this is the beginning of a Goodbye.
« Reply #1 on: 08/30/17, 10:43:15 AM »
0 Show voters
Hey, Kremon!

I'm not a particularly religious person myself, but I grew up in a town that has a large Mormon community and have had many friends of the same denomination. I recognize how important and meaningful a mission is, and so I just want to say I wish you the best on your journey, and hope that you have the opportunities to learn, love, and develop the kind of relationship with God that you are seeking. And while I haven't been on a mission, I have, several times in my life, thrown myself (or have been thrown) into circumstances where I was in places I didn't know, with people I didn't know, and speaking languages I didn't understand. It can be lonely. It can be difficult. But it can also be one of the most rewarding experiences you'll ever have. I wish, sincerely, that this becomes the case for you.

We haven't had as much time to RP with or get to know each other as I would have liked, but I'm still happy I had the chance to meet and interact with you and your characters. Good luck on wherever life takes you, and, if this is the final goodbye, may God keep you in the palm of His hand. :)
« Last Edit: 08/30/17, 10:46:01 AM by Dassalya »
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee|Doz Jalth
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azaera

Offline Iaera

• a spooky ghost
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08/30/17, 10:51:40 AM »
0 Show voters
I'm not religious, but perhaps unsurprisingly I can appreciate a little asceticism! I hope everything goes well for you, and I hope we'll all still be here to welcome you back in two years!
retired ~ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08/30/17, 12:25:10 PM »
0 Show voters
Kremon, you will definitely be missed in the community. No one has consistently been able to put my characters in uncomfortable positions, ethical dilemmas and arguments with their loved ones as well as you have, save @Kezie.

I wish you all the best in your adventure of service and spiritual discovery and that it strengthen your relationship with God. You'll be in my prayers.

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08/30/17, 01:54:13 PM »
0 Show voters
It'll be sad to see you go, Kremon. The way you enriched all of our lives with the stories you wrote will certainly be missed.

But I'm so happy for you and wish you all the best on your Mission! Heavenly Father will watch over you :)
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

Offline Zmaj

• K'tah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08/30/17, 03:54:10 PM »
0 Show voters
It's a shame to see you go, but I understand the calling. You've given us a rich character and story to be involved in, and you've managed to keep it open to everyone and kept it balanced (and kept us on our toes!). We're very happy that you could be a part of our community. We didn't have a ton of interaction, but the interactions my characters had with yours were the best kind of challenge I could've asked for as an RPer.

Keep safe out there! Prayers for all provision and safety coming your way!
Zmaj: 32, Chiss agent, lover of intrigue wine
Caesiallus: 34, Twi'lek bartender, info-broker
Varinas: 40, Human Darth, archivist, former "diplomat"

Seem: 38, Rattataki Jedi Master, resident grump
Vashya'ati: 34, Togruta Jedi Sage, small-time archaeologist
Ash'tana: 32, Miraluka smuggler, trouble-finder extraordinaire

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08/30/17, 05:33:45 PM »
0 Show voters
I can't tell if my hand or the bus is shaking. =P I'm only very remotely religious and not of any faith that has it's roots in the testaments so I can't say understand what the decision is like, but I know that you'll do great with utmost passion and efficiency. Best of luck and stay in touch if you can afterwards.

Also, you're really too kind xD. I'm your average rper who's just trying to find time and people to RP with.
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08/30/17, 05:53:21 PM »
0 Show voters
You will definitely be incredibly missed on the server, Kremon. It's been great to come back to the server and find such awesome people to tell stories with, and yours were some of the most fun I remember having in my RPs here. You are a talented writer and storyteller yourself! Two years is a long time, and I'm sure once you come back you'll have a lot of stories and unique experiences to share. And of course, thank you for the well-wishes. I can only return them! Echoing the sentiments of the people here saying that I'm not Mormon, but I understand how transformative spiritual journeys of any kind can be. Wherever you end up, may it be a worthwhile adventure. :)
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08/30/17, 06:36:05 PM »
0 Show voters
Kremon, I am certain I am not the only one who is going to be sad to see you leave our community (the responses on this thread are testament to that, and I've no doubt you'll get a lot of heartfelt goodbyes through other mediums as well). Your contributions to the community's stories (and to the community itself, in or out of the stories we weave) have always been intense, surprising, and colorful. Your commitment to your characters, to exploration, and to contributing to the community tapestry has always been admirable and we've all benefited from it.

I wish you much luck in your chosen path, and much satisfaction to be found at the end of that journey. Significant undertakings like this always teach us as people, and we come out the other end with new experiences to inform our personal growth and all of our pursuits. I hope you get all those benefits out of your experience and more.

The nature of our chosen hobby is such that we end up interacting with each other primarily in the paradigm of story-telling, and as such I will speak to that and say that I hope you'll find, when you return, that your desire to keep writing your stories remains strong, and that you've got a broadened store of experiences to write from. I've always enjoyed reading your stories, and I hope I (and the game!) will still be here living in SW land when you come back so that I can enjoy the new offerings you'll have to share!
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08/30/17, 09:09:02 PM »
0 Show voters
Awww...  :cry:  You will be greatly missed friend.

Loved your stories.  Love your voice.  And not sure if you realized it or not, but you portray hardened old soldier acutely well;  no idea if that's "all in your head"  :grin: or if you've actually served combat time - but as someone who works frequently counseling PTSD soldiers - your writing and conceptualizations/psychology of characters is spot on. 

I haven't always agreed with some of your story decisions; but I've always respected them and greatly appreciated the fact that you played them open enough to allow any of us time to work with you on them :)

I know that your mission work will effect and fulfill you for now and for the rest of your life.  Take care of yourself, take care of your soul AND your mind - and remember that you have to save enough for yourself to be able to continue to share and give to others.

And whether we're all around here or not in two years - I hope you'll still come find the site and if its here - give the call out to our emails.  Make a welcome home post and tag all of us.

Because even if we're not around here, if the site is still up I'll bet most of us will come back and say hi, welcome home :).   (Or will if we get tags in our email  :aww: )

And I hope journaling or creative writing isn't considered the outside distraction :); because I hope you will keep writing during your two year mission - and journal it all down for yourself, and I'm sure for others - after its all over.

*hugs and loves* 

(And thank you so much for the lovely words - tonight they were especially needed  :aww: )

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08/31/17, 05:32:50 AM »
0 Show voters
Take care Kremon. :wave: We'll likely still be here when you get back.  :grin:
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09/01/17, 11:05:44 PM »
0 Show voters
Best wishes.  You certainly made things interesting in your time with us. :) 

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09/02/17, 10:08:08 AM »
0 Show voters
Kremon, I wish you all the best in the future. It has been awesome running the current storyline with you. You are so creative and I've enjoyed sharing the Star Wars love and writing with you. You will be missed!
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Sindee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09/05/17, 01:50:02 PM »
0 Show voters
I don't really know you but I really appreciate what you've done for our virtual community and I admire what you're going to do in Real Life. Best of luck to you! We are all luminous beings!

-Sindee

Offline Cyone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09/09/17, 11:49:26 AM »
0 Show voters
I too did not really know you, and I'm bummed it seems that is destined to remain the case at least for the next couple years, but I wish you the best. Cheers man.