BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

April 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Apr 26: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Apr 27: Dancer's Palace 9pm PDT
Apr 28: World War 4 - X-Faction/Open War
May 3: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Shadow of Shadren - Planning Thread  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Cyone

• View Profile
Re: Shadow of Shadren - Planning Thread
« Reply #30 on: 10/20/17, 02:05:46 PM »
0 Show voters
Well, not that I'm of particular relevance here, but I'll weigh in and say I far prefer anything that can be done in-game be done in-game. Really takes the wind out of my sails, personally, to default to chatroom RP. Perhaps availability problems can be scheduled around?

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10/20/17, 02:34:22 PM »
0 Show voters
Hello everyone, I would like to just head off a few things before things get out of control haha:

1. Please be patient and hold your horses a little. Dass and I will post here when there will be another RP installment. At the moment we are gathering interest and drafting the portions to come next.

2. The only active plot thread for this right now is the Pub one with the Jedi delegation. We will be running further events for the Imps and the Indie sorts. Again, please be patient. RP the rumor mill if you want, but please allow us to GM for you all rather than rushing to do everything now. See the IC thread for the information your characters would have at present.

3. The IC thread is for IC information. Please keep questions and OOC in this thread and leave that one free for infodumping and summaries.

You do not need to rush. Choices are player driven, but this is still a GMed plot. And one of the GMs (me) doesn't even have a computer until Monday. We will give you guys all the IC info you need when we are ready to do the next part. Imagine this as having major plot installments with casual RP surrounding it, and remember this is a long arc, not an immediate issue to solve. Thank you!
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10/20/17, 03:59:19 PM »
+1 Show voters
Luckily for Jaade, he knows better than to mess around with fractured Hegemonys, fleets amassing, determined Jedi Investigators, and scheming Sith. That's just bad for business.

Unfortunately for Jaade he has on board a reputation-hungry Bounty Hunter looking for the next big score and a semi-reclusive Jedi Master always sticking up for the little guy.

Could be worse though. He could have a retired Republic S.I.S. agent on board too.

Wait... damn.

@blingdenston
@Iaera
@Niarra
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Online Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10/20/17, 04:54:05 PM »
0 Show voters
I'll post my interest here! At the moment, I have no idea with what character, on which faction, in what role, but I'm interested. I'll figure the rest out as I see things evolve.

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10/20/17, 10:02:19 PM »
0 Show voters
@Cyone bring them both! It would be neat to bring some Pub military type presence, since there haven't been many opportunities for that lately. And Xem fits in through his friendships and peacemaker role easily.

@Mourne - Dassalya is handling the Shadren side of things, so I cannot answer your questions there. However, do not get the wrong impression: This plot is equally concerned with both Imperial and Republic affairs. Ex. The previous plot mentioned in the OP dealt indirectly with separatist factions on Iridonia and delved deeply into matters of the Senate and the Pub military, which may factor into this thread depending on what happens. Both plots are equally weighted with equal opportunity for all players.

And yes Mourne - one could absolutely take the position you're talking about and feel (and some have) the Hedgemony's leadership is more threat to the Empire/not loyal and that yes, this is all smokescreens.  So you can definitely take that logical route - despite the ic/ooc reasonings of things that ended up having to happen.

Or any other of the myriad of ways personal interpretation, politics, and character morality may take them.

It certainly isn't a black/white "All Imperials are totally into saving the Queen and returning her to her power!".  Some are, some aren't, some maybe a bit of A, bit of B... some just because /hate jedi and nothing to with the Queen.. some who help the Jedi agreeing with them... all are possibilities (in addition to all the possible jedi motivations :)).

(The Sith meeting where Veridat informed everyone they were leaving the Empire was entertaining for sure!)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10/21/17, 08:44:20 PM »
0 Show voters
Nice to see some big stories happening again.  I'll try and lurk, don't want to commit to too much but let you know if I see ways my characters might plug in, even if its the background

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10/21/17, 10:28:33 PM »
0 Show voters

The moment I realized I was tagged for RP.

As some could see, I'm wrapping up the latest series of writings about Haar that I made on my little spare time, in preparations for the massive amount of time I'll have free during the following months, setting up bit and pieces to get my RP ball going across again.

That said, I'm deeply interested in this and I want to partake in this actively  :grin: I'm having quite a few good ideas running around my mind on how to add a plethora of my characters, Haar and Trygunn most likely, to the fray.

Anyone wanna break out a potential defector from a Imperial MaxSec prison? Asking for a...friend... :shifty:

There are many ways to serve the Empire

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Offline Lolermelon

• *builds a fence*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10/21/17, 10:45:10 PM »
0 Show voters
Tae is so in for breaking Ryshias out

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10/21/17, 11:27:36 PM »
0 Show voters
Sounds like fun! And before then, you can always get Tyrgunn involved while Ryshias' allies work on getting him free.

Is everyone interested Impside free for RP Wednesdays? We are thinking of running our Imp intro installment this Wednesday.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Erednash

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 10/21/17, 11:41:31 PM »
0 Show voters
Wednesday works for me.

Offline Dorian

• I'm a holy half-dead who has seen the Underverse
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 10/22/17, 01:17:28 AM »
0 Show voters
I like Wednesdays

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10/22/17, 02:16:24 AM »
0 Show voters

The moment I realized I was tagged for RP.

As some could see, I'm wrapping up the latest series of writings about Haar that I made on my little spare time, in preparations for the massive amount of time I'll have free during the following months, setting up bit and pieces to get my RP ball going across again.

That said, I'm deeply interested in this and I want to partake in this actively  :grin: I'm having quite a few good ideas running around my mind on how to add a plethora of my characters, Haar and Trygunn most likely, to the fray.

Anyone wanna break out a potential defector from a Imperial MaxSec prison? Asking for a...friend... :shifty:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OMG, I HAVE A NEW RELEVANT CHARACTER TOO.
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Philla Kasan (29, Captain, 51st Recon)

Offline Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10/22/17, 05:44:00 AM »
0 Show voters
I could tag along on a Wednesday.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10/22/17, 03:41:52 PM »
0 Show voters
The only imp character I feel able to do much with at the moment is my Mando who is more non-aligned and runs in both circles but it would be nice to drop in on if that's okay. in my case it will mostly be at the beginning of the night due to time zones so a less involved mercenary scoping out business opportunities seems a good role to play.

If I cannot always stay for long events I would also be happy to offer her to Noth as a limited background NPC  connecting things to the Mando Clan.  She is neutral but with sympathies to border worlds trying to avoid getting screwed by the politics of both factions, and is more concerned for civilians and underdogs then some Mando's so is selective in the work she takes.  But not above taking a job that could screw over a noble of either faction
« Last Edit: 10/22/17, 03:47:27 PM by SivWysan »

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10/22/17, 04:33:09 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm good for this Wednesday - between the hours of about 6 server till about 11 server then its ni-nights! :)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood