BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

February 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Feb 22: Jedi kNight (7:30 PST) + Council Meeting
Feb 23: Dancer's Palace 9pm PST
Feb 26: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Feb 26: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice (6:30
Mar 1: Jedi Night (7:30 PM)
Mar 1: Mei Dei

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Nanowrimo 2017  (Read 711 times)

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
Re: Nanowrimo 2017
« Reply #15 on: 11/11/17, 03:38:52 PM »
0 Show voters
Don't forget to write today. :grin:
Check my profile for links my short story and art work threads.

New to RPing? Check my Getting Started Guide.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11/12/17, 07:07:42 PM »
0 Show voters
I know as we are going along real life conspires to keep us from writing, our muse is out on a walkabout, and our characters can't make up their minds what they are doing... *cough* because it certainly can't be that we can't make up our minds*cough*

Regardless of what roadblocks may be sitting in our way, we can do this. Even if you can only squeeze out a couple of words, put them down somewhere... even if it is on the back of a piece of paper towel. Don't give up!

Remember that you have a great story to tell lurking somewhere in the back of your mind. That's why you felt the urge to write in the first place.

Don't worry, it's still in there, and you're right. It's a story worth sharing. Sometimes good things come to those whose wait but even if it is taking longer than you'd like, don't stop writing. Keep squeezing out words until your muse gets those messages you've been leaving.

We've got this everybody. :cheer:

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11/14/17, 07:42:29 PM »
+1 Show voters
For those of you doing worldbuilding for your NaNo novel, I found this cool phone app called World Scribe. It lets you sort all the characters, groups, places, items, and overarching concepts for your story, with connections between each one. It's not perfect (it doesn't let you sort or alphabetize the connections between things, which for me was a no-go), but it's a handy little tool to help map out your story.
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11/14/17, 11:12:25 PM »
0 Show voters
Thanks for sharing that Noth. :)

Also, for everybody writing, whether they are doing Nano or not, are you finding that you are starting to run out of steam now that we are mid way though the month?

Don't worry you probably just need a little motivation to write. Nanowrimo has a listing of pep talks written by various authors to help keep writers going. Browse through their archive and see if maybe one of your favorite authors wrote one. https://nanowrimo.org/pep-talks

Lemony Snicket's pep talk is still cracking me up.

Also, google is your friend for looking up things to help you keep writing.

We're halfway through November everybody. Keep on writing! :cheer:
« Last Edit: 11/14/17, 11:31:27 PM by Imazi »

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11/16/17, 06:10:17 PM »
0 Show voters
Keep on writing everybody!

Just remember that there is a reason you had the urge to write something down, you had a story that needed to be shared. No one else can get that out to the world so keep on writing little bit by little bit. We can't tell you how much we like your ideas if we never hear them. :)

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11/18/17, 06:51:20 PM »
0 Show voters
Don't forget at least a sentence for the day. I know it's really tempting to give up on it, but not yet. You can do it!  :grin:

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11/23/17, 07:48:41 PM »
0 Show voters
Alright, one more week left in November, we are almost there!

Whether you reached your goals this month or not congratulate yourself for doing something. Even if you haven't written anything yet this month, there is still time to take 5 or 15 mins to jot down some ideas you've been rolling around in your head.

Getting a story out of your head and down where you can see it is the first step to actually sharing that story with everyone else. Once you can look over what you've been thinking about, more ideas may come.

Regardless of where you are in the stream of things, remember that you are awesome and so are your ideas, even if they aren't quite as polished as you may like. :grin:

Seven more days everybody, we can do this! :cheer:

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11/26/17, 12:17:56 PM »
0 Show voters
Don't forget everybody, November isn't up yet. Make sure you write at least a little bit. Even if you haven't started anything yet, take out a little time to write a story blurb. A paragraph counts just as much as a book.

Offline Imazi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11/30/17, 05:43:51 PM »
0 Show voters
Final Nanowrimo Post!  :grin:

Well everybody we did it. We got to the end of November. Whether you wrote two words, two hundred or two hundred thousand, you all did a great thing in even starting.

If you didn't get anything done this year, don't worry there is always next year. Start making preparations now and you may be in a position to act on them next time.

Either way, don't stop creating stories. You never know one day the story you write might be a beloved classic... or a highly sold book once you change the fanfic names. :grin:

Keep writing everybody.  :write: