BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 18: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Poll

What night is best for an Indie Night revamp?

Monday
10 (58.8%)
Tuesday
2 (11.8%)
Saturday
3 (17.6%)
Sunday
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Return to Rishi - Indie Night V3  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
Return to Rishi - Indie Night V3
« on: 10/29/17, 06:27:46 PM »
0 Show voters
Hello everyone! To start out with, this is mostly the brainchild of @Cyone and me, but since he's been eaten by Destiny 2, I'm writing this thread to start us out. As some of you know, I made an attempt to revive Indie Night a while back, but it died for various reasons... Cyone and I have been brainstorming to figure out ways to make this one more accessible and fun for everyone to get involved with. Here's the deal so far:

Rishi! World of scoundrels, sparkling beaches, precarious haphazard buildings, black markets, and firelit cantinas... All kinds of characters can find a purpose here, no matter their business, no matter their pasts.

One problem we had in the recent revival attempt was location. Using the SH system, we often ran into a situation of not having a SH or not having people to invite on both factions. The solution: Hold it out in the world!

Indie Night, like Jedi Night, will have a "cantina" style fallback in the form of Rishi. The actual themes and events of the night will change week by week, but the planet of Rishi will be our mainstay. Keep an eye on the OOC channels and the thread here to find out where on the planet we will meet each week. Occasionally - like our Jedi Night - we will go on adventures on other planets, but the aim with Indie Night is to inspire and encourage more open world RP, for ease of cross-faction RP and to take advantage of what the game gives us already.

Rishi was chosen for its theme, but also because, with the new way Bioware is rolling out content, anyone who has subbed for even the shortest amount of time has access to all expansion content. For $15 everyone can have access to all the planets, so we figure it's no longer much of a barrier to join in.

Here is the full list of locations on Rishi the event cycles through and their themes:

Rishi - South Beach Party: Beach Party! Take off your boots, kick around in the water, and enjoy the beaches of Rishi.
Rishi - Blaster's Path Cantina: Cantina night at the classic Blaster's Path Cantina. Enjoy the music and drinks and grungy ambiance. Bar brawls encouraged!
Rishi - Old City Boardwalk: Part marketplace, part hangout, part street cafe, the tropical boardwalk has something for everyone.
Rishi - Gorge Hollow Barbeque: Picnic on tropical grasses and under sunny palms! Like the beach party, but a different location.
Rishi - Bootlegger's Marketplace: Tour the market squares of Rishi, going stall to stall and seeing what the merchants have to offer. A market with no NPCs required.
Rishi - Coastal Slums Market: Impromptu market under the docks, with no rules or interference. Shady black market characters required to buy and sell wares and intel.
Rishi - Inlet Slums Dock Show: Ship auction on the docks. Check out the merchandise, haggle for starships and starship parts, and enjoy seeing the snazzy rides.
Rishi - Inlet Slums Junker's Brawl: Bring your brawlers and sharpshooters to the waste pits of the Inlet Slums for an unglamorous, but profitable, fighting arena.
Rishi - Trader's Causeway Speeder Races: Gather above and beneath the northwest corner of the Trader's causeway to compete in and watch speeder racing!
Rishi - Warehouse Rave: Mix business and pleasure at the Old City warehouse cantina. Drink, dance on the docks, and deal business in back rooms.

Time

Another problem we ran into was picking a good time and day of the week to hold Indie Night on. After throwing around days, we decided to put it up for a vote. Please select the option that works best for you in the polls! For consistency, we will probably run this in the evening like our other events. If it's on a weekend there is some leeway in timing, but weekends also tend to be reserved for one-off RPs and chatroom events in our community here. Let us know what time and day works best for you!

Currently Rishi Night takes place on Mondays at 6:30 Pacific Time!

Characters

Independents Night is what it sounds like - aimed at the characters in the community who do not fit easily into one faction or another. For the most part this means our mercenaries, scoundrels, outlaws, and the types of characters who like to play multiple sides of the galactic conflicts the game gives us. Indie Night will not be Alliance-themed, but Alliance characters can come. It is, however, more aimed at the characters who can't really attend the Republic or Imperial events with regularity.

Indie Night is a melting pot and likely to change week by week depending on what kinds of characters attend. The more lawless environment of Rishi and the chance for the occasional adventure plot sets it apart from Dancer's Palace such that we hope the two will be able to complement one another nicely!

Feedback!

Let us know what you want to see out of an Indepenents Night! Whether that be adventure themes, questions, or logistical issues... We really want to see this scene open up again, and hope that you will all be interested in it as well. And vote in the poll!

Edit: I may have messed up the poll. If you cannot vote, please comment in the thread with your preferred day!
« Last Edit: 02/12/18, 12:53:47 PM by Noth »
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
Re: Return to Rishi - Indie Night V3
« Reply #1 on: 10/29/17, 07:28:21 PM »
0 Show voters
IS Rishi still limited in who can go there by who has bought the expansion (it was tied with...)??

I know at one point this was the case and also part of the reason it failed as a previous location for a community night (when it was newer).  Half the people couldn't physically go there.

May not be the case anymore - just wanted to make sure! :)

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10/29/17, 07:30:09 PM »
0 Show voters
IS Rishi still limited in who can go there by who has bought the expansion (it was tied with...)??

I know at one point this was the case and also part of the reason it failed as a previous location for a community night (when it was newer).  Half the people couldn't physically go there.

May not be the case anymore - just wanted to make sure! :)
If you've subbed for even a single month, you have the expansion. Anyone who subs for the smallest amount of time gets all the expansions, so at this point, we figure that isn't really a barrier of entry anymore. Edited the OP to reflect that.
« Last Edit: 10/29/17, 07:41:51 PM by Noth »
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10/29/17, 08:13:34 PM »
0 Show voters
Yessss!!!

Now if only people will still be there when I'm free for rp late...

I love this idea and really hope it blossoms!

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10/29/17, 08:30:05 PM »
0 Show voters
Awesome idea Noth.  Before I vote, just curious what times you were thinking for this?  Helps me to plan given my timezone. 

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10/30/17, 01:00:37 AM »
0 Show voters
I have always wanted to do RP on Rishi! I have a couple characters that are in some way connected to that place in my head. Unfortunately, the day that seems to be winning is just not possible so... but depending on the time... perhaps... and my RP time has been sketchy lately, so I'm obviously just here to express how happy I am to see the idea of Rishi and planet -side RP not in a stronghold (not that SHs are bad, but I love world RP!).

Hope I can make it on whichever day/time is chosen :grin:
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10/30/17, 03:13:45 AM »
0 Show voters
For times, we'll need to hear back from the people who are wanting to attend, what times you all are available. Other than "in the evening/night if on a weekday" that has not been decided yet, since it's going to rely pretty heavily on, you know.... when people can actually make it. :P So please post your availability if you want to attend!

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10/30/17, 06:51:53 AM »
0 Show voters
For me: Saturday's around 9pm PST (possibly able to push it earlier, like at 8pm PST).

Offline Biavi

• welcome to altaholics anonymous. i'm your host.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10/30/17, 08:35:04 AM »
0 Show voters
I'd be down for this!! Unfortunately I am only available weekends (specifically Saturdays after 7 pst and Sundays most of the day).
icon art by snuffysbox on tumblr

Impside:
Biavi: jerkface, bounty hunter
Ileyn/Lord Osso: paranoid tech nerd Sith
Pubside:
Niwava: older padawan; fun past
Omyara: smuggler; jokester

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10/30/17, 04:57:36 PM »
0 Show voters
But but..."Rebels" is on Monday nights...

A lovely and kick-butt idea, @Noth!
@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

| Alexandra ~ 70 Sage | Meagan ~ 70 Sharpshooter | Medley ~ 70 Sentinel | Sariyah ~ 70 Shadow | Evany ~ 70 Vanguard |

&>~~~ (UNGUILDED) IMPERIALS ~~~<&

| Inivera ~ 70 Marauder | Aubrey Anna ~ 70 Operative | Julan ~ 70 Bounty Hunter | Maladous ~ 70 Sorcerer |

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11/02/17, 07:08:43 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm definitely interested but I think I will let the rest decide.   earlier on work nights is a big help if one can do 6 or 7 server so I can at least make the beginning but don't want to impose on others since my time zone is now so weird.

Wraiths usually meet Saturday or Sunday but not every single week and it varies

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11/03/17, 12:11:34 AM »
0 Show voters
So far there are 6 votes for Monday and 2 each for Saturday and Sunday. I'll wait for @Cyone to weigh in before deciding anything.

That said, a typical event start of 6:30-7:30 PM sounds like it might work for everyone, is that right?

Offline Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11/03/17, 09:59:58 AM »
0 Show voters
Early is better for me on weekdays. Like 6-6:30 start time. 7:30 start time won't give me a lot of RP time in my time zone.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11/04/17, 02:08:34 PM »
0 Show voters
 6:30 or 7 server sounds great.   don't want to discourage the later folks who want to continue just nice to have people able to start early too.

Offline Cyone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11/05/17, 04:53:21 AM »
+1 Show voters
finally wrestles himself out from the gaping maw of Destiny 2 for one whole moment to respond to this like he ought to have days ago

Ehem. Yes. Fear not, citizens, for I am here now. For this; the culmination of the planning that I have been doing with @Noth for some time now—as he mentioned—and the subject of much thought and interest of my own since well before that. Seriously, this is actually something I have a great deal of investment in, despite what my total absence hitherto would indicate (I really am addicted to Destiny and it has laid claim to a great deal of my leisure time at the computer of late, so I apologize retroactively and in advance for that).

Just felt I ought to get that said.

Now then, to the matter at hand. It sounds like timing is going to be a bit complicated. Kind of expected that. That being said, I don't know that there's a good answer to that other than the poll we've already instituted, whose results I feel we are somewhat obligated adhere to. As far as other options for days go, however, I've had a thought that we could potentially run the occasional adventure/supplementary event (again as Noth mentioned being a possibility) on another day if there was a runner-up time that would work for some folks who aren't able to make the normal time to attend. So if you end up one of those folks, don't despair! I know that rather complicates matters, but I figure it might help give more people more opportunity to participate, and participation is the goal! As for the start time, on Mondays I personally can make whatever work, and generally the same with Saturdays. Sundays are more complicated, as they are often claimed by all the many other things that have to happen on weekends because of other people's schedules, though a late option could potentially be viable. But that's me.

As I alluded to previously I think with the results of the poll being pretty clearly in favor of Mondays, that's what I would declare as the official day. Democracy! Woo! If there are any radical objections by those with significant interest, speak now or forever hold your peace! Provided there are none, the next issue would indeed be the specific timing of the event, which it sounds like would optimally be around 6 or 6:30 PST? Aye? Nay? (Hint: this is also going to default to "aye" unless there are objections or unless Noth tells me to stop dictating things willy-nilly).

Right then. Go ahead and put up the Cyonesignal again when next I am needed.

is snapped back up and swallowed whole by the Destiny monster again without a moment's delay