BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Brace for Collision  (Read 966 times)

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
Re: Brace for Collision
« Reply #15 on: 11/06/17, 09:42:59 PM »
0 Show voters
I've got an engagement on Wed evening, but I wish everyone much luck if you do decide to queue! (And no, Ops groups cannot queue for PVP/GSF. You have to queue in groups of 4.)
Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Nicohlas

• Empire Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11/07/17, 07:18:33 AM »
0 Show voters
Unless I get called to work, I will be there tomorrow night.

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11/07/17, 10:57:20 AM »
0 Show voters
While I would love to join the fun I am sharing the same engagement with Niarra that evening, though I may be queued up for an hour or so in the late afternoon. 

I'm also working on a Begeren Starfighter's Lounge stronghold based on Manaan.  I chose that locale because it was a neutral location and just the right size to serve as a private hub.  I currently have it set up to represent both Republic and Imperial factions with a few Alliance decos to tie it all together.  I'll post an update when it is done.   
"It's spelled just like it sounds."

Offline Iaera

• Arbiter
  • Jeeeeeeediiiiiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11/08/17, 11:11:13 AM »
0 Show voters
Maintenance has been extended into the evening, so this may make GSF difficult! I'll still try to be on tonight, whenever it lets me.
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fiat justitia ruat clum

Iaera Farworlder - Jedi Master, lightsaber instructor, Jedi Custodum
Sibyl-ko Tanaji - ex-punk, fighter pilot, Argent Squadron
also many alts i never play ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Niarra

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11/08/17, 11:36:57 AM »
0 Show voters
Was going to try to squeeze in a couple matches on the early side, but with the extended maintenance downtime that probably won't be possible. Still, there will be plenty of GSF days to come! The silver lining with this merge is that picking a GSF day and hoping for queues will no longer be an issue; there will always be matches whenever we decide to queue up. Harbinger matches tend to pop with regularity every fifteen minutes or so. I don't mind missing out on the birthday day, especially since I'd rather they extend downtime as long as they need in order to make sure that the merge goes smoothly. The last thing I'd want to see is lost strongholds, outfits, or cargo bay content because something got rushed.

If you guys do end up getting any matches in tonight, I wish you all good luck and happy flying!

Niarra Reymark, Jedi Master and Diplomat // Derrad Reymark, Starfighter Ace and Softie // Jheva, Padawan and Pattern Reader // Yatei, Jedi Knight // Zelek Arr, Corn Grower
Sivala, Sith Academy Overseer // Rannayel, Sith Lord and Museum Curator
Erran Veshkgalaar, Mandalorian Accountant // Caustrin Neyvor, Dangerous Puppeteer // Ariza Fey, Psycho and Pyro // Kettur Vaen, Semi-Spook

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11/08/17, 10:40:18 PM »
0 Show voters
Server is up. Fasten your seat belts....

Offline Iaera

• Arbiter
  • Jeeeeeeediiiiiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11/09/17, 07:27:51 PM »
0 Show voters
Well...

Regardless of team, pretty much all the matches I saw tonight had BC pilots topping the board...

High fives!  :grin:
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fiat justitia ruat clum

Iaera Farworlder - Jedi Master, lightsaber instructor, Jedi Custodum
Sibyl-ko Tanaji - ex-punk, fighter pilot, Argent Squadron
also many alts i never play ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Mourne

• Audentes Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11/09/17, 08:03:40 PM »
0 Show voters
Nic, et. al.,

Not sure if any of you knew this, but I'm a former ace pilot with a hangar full of mastered ships. I haven't played GSF in a long time (for a plethora of reasons), but wouldn't mind coming back if I had a team to fly with. I pretty much can bring any ship, depending on the roles needed, but if you all have a particular night where you meet up to play, let me know and I'll see if I can coordinate my schedule.

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11/11/17, 11:10:24 AM »
0 Show voters
This post-merge has been super fun...I got to fly with @Elaeis, @Iaera AND @Niarra all in one flight! I feel so safe with them around...

One thing I will say that I'm loving so far is that no single pilot is seriously dominating flights. There were some on BC where even I'd hit 25+ kills, but I have yet to see a single person over like 15. Seems WAY more balanced.
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11/11/17, 11:37:53 AM »
0 Show voters
I is scared of GSF, but really wanna try it..... There is reading material in this forum I need to check out.....
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11/11/17, 11:57:28 AM »
0 Show voters
I is scared of GSF, but really wanna try it..... There is reading material in this forum I need to check out.....

Yes you should! It's soooo much fun once you get the hang of it, though the learning curve is kinda steep. The good thing for new pilots starting out after the merge is that they match maker has a WAY bigger pool of player skill levels to choose from, so you should be placed in flights with pilots who aren't too crazy...

...like this. I apparently spoke too soon when I said "no one over 15"...I love flying with Elaeis :)
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11/11/17, 02:36:07 PM »
0 Show voters
I made a special MS Paint to illustrate my reaction to having to fly against @Elaeis :

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11/12/17, 09:21:54 AM »
0 Show voters
Tried out GSF this morning. Was pretty fun, and I only does once and not because of self-destructing! That's a win for me! Is there a GSF chat channel too? I could get into this!
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11/12/17, 11:43:03 AM »
0 Show voters
Tried out GSF this morning. Was pretty fun, and I only does once and not because of self-destructing! That's a win for me! Is there a GSF chat channel too? I could get into this!

Yay! It's pretty addicting :)

/cjoin gsf - I was a babbly regular on BC, but have stayed away from this server's GSF channel because I've heard nothing but toxic things about it...maybe it's different Impsie-side... @Nicohlas would be the Moff to ask.

Offline Elaeis

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11/12/17, 04:34:44 PM »
0 Show voters
I made a special MS Paint to illustrate my reaction to having to fly against @Elaeis :

Heh!  Thanks for the both the praise and the funny.  That same picture comes to mind whenever I think about how many millions of hours I've poured into GSF.   :nuu:

The GSF chat channel indeed exists and can often be a forum for the usual mudslinging, bragging and trash talking that occurs on most PVP channels but there are also friendly people in there who might offer a few pearls of wisdom.  The Galactic Starfighter forums on the SWTOR website are also filled with a ton of topics on ship builds, tactics, etc., but it gets very overwhelming pouring through thousands of posts on the subject.  A lot of that information is also now obsolete with the new changes made from the recent patch.  Of course, if you ever have any questions feel free to post them in the GSF thread and I'm sure we can help point you in the right direction.
« Last Edit: 11/12/17, 04:37:15 PM by Elaeis »
"It's spelled just like it sounds."