BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

July 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Jul 19: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Jul 19: A Dread Mind
Jul 20: The Gal Gala Weekly Event 8pm PST

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Linked Events

• Depths of Despair - A Motley Crew One-Shot: 12/12/17
  • Signed up (8/99):
    # Status Name
    1.ConfirmedCaptain Augutus Jaade / recoveringgeek
    2.ConfirmedIaera
    3.UnconfirmedTyrgunn or Thrachta? / Ryshias
    4.UnconfirmedShadow Syndicate Agent (SivWysan) / SivWysan
    5.UnconfirmedMilan + Company? / LVT
    6.UnconfirmedSeraphie
    7.UnconfirmedMaerin / SivWysan
    8.UnconfirmedLolermelon

Please login or register to sign up for this event.

Author Topic: Depths of Despair - A Motley Crew One-Shot  (Read 784 times)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
Depths of Despair - A Motley Crew One-Shot
« on: 12/09/17, 05:54:55 PM »
+1 Show voters
Out-of-Character
Date: December 12, 2017
Time: 8:00PM P.S.T.
Location - Updated: Nizek's District Stronghold (Nar Shaddaa)
  • Player vs. Player must be consensual and you must bring your dance partner.
  • Use of the in-game Duel function is for colour and role-playing only, not to settle Duel outcomes
  • Duel outcomes should be predetermined and agreed upon by both dance partners
  • This is an open invitation event for the community to build on the success of last week's open world community role-play which was held on short notice at the Slippery Slopes cantina.
  • This Event has a sign-up so Players can clear their schedules. Players can also sign-up with multiple characters to allow them to change characters for scenes as needed.
  • This Event is designed for players wanting to interact with cross-faction characters, or advance their personal storylines by dropping plot hooks or cameos for upcoming Events.
  • Event Location will be announced as soon as possible for Players to scout for role-play scenes as needed.

In-Character

"It's the gaping maw of Nal Hutta, swallowing all the cargo and space port thugs the galaxy has to offer."
"Nar Shaddaa's a rough place, and easy to get lost in... or for someone to get lost."
"The beautiful Jedi has run for years... she will not stay on this moon forever."
"It does not matter where we go... if what we seek is here, we shall come upon it in due time."
"Finding a Jedi or anyone else touched by the Force here will be difficult... the mass of people, the rush of their emotions... it makes detection difficult."

Captain Augustus Jaade made an appearance very recently in the infamous Slippery Slopes cantina, and he wasn't alone. Accompanied a motley crew consisting of a Bounty Hunter, a retired Spy, and a former Jedi Grandmaster, the Old Man's company has gotten even more eccentric - and dangerous - since his days flying with the Smuggler's Coalition.

It's been years since the renegade Captain was frozen in carbonite as punishment for his desperate plan to rescue his daughter from the Jedi Custodum sanctuary. He spent the ensuring years lost as cargo, thawed and wounded, before finally sitting the chair once more and navigating a very different Galaxy from the one he had last flown.

A chance confrontation with a fierce Jedi over his past crimes caused tensions to flair, and a disturbance in the Force. The appearance of more Jedi - and Sith - were like mynocks to an exposed power cable, impossible to resist. Such a gathering of noteable characters did not go unnoticed, as agents and spies from numerous factions lurked in the shadows, observing, and preparing.

Fueled by alcohol, anger, and regret, Jaade departed the 'Slopes demanding his shipmates find their own way off Nar Shaddaa. Yet soon after the 'Crew discovered he hadn't return to his ship the Jaded Dream, and now there are fears he has descended deeper into the Vertical City, to dark places where broken men reach the depths of despair.

While Jaade left alone, he may have been followed. By friend and foe alike, seeking to take advantage of the situation. Worse still, A Motley Crew follows, and the appearance of Jedi Master Iaera Farworlder did not go unnoticed. The Jedi have many enemies in Hutt Space, and even the Jedi themselves are in disagreement about the fate of one single Smuggler, and the future of their own Order.

Now Jedi and Sith, Bounty Hunters and Outlaws, Spies and Assassins descend into the crime-fueled depths of the criminal Underworld. Do they come to help, or hinder? Galactic Events are rapidly coming to a head, and the galaxy will need the strength and wisdom of its' heroes to survive.

First they have to survive the dangers of the ecumenopolis... and each other.

« Last Edit: 12/12/17, 02:39:46 PM by recoveringgeek »
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
Re: Depths of Despair - A Motley Crew One-Shot
« Reply #1 on: 12/09/17, 05:57:47 PM »
0 Show voters
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/09/17, 07:42:40 PM »
0 Show voters
Nar Shaddaa is still a major haunt for Maerin so trying to bring her for some, though can't go as late this week. 

Open to PVP with any interested, though she is likely to try and play more peacemaker in light of reflections on her mind last week.  (working on a post, actually). 

Depending how deep undercity we are talking, Maerin has some strong underworld connections with certain factions, including refugee camps and the Deep Evocaii (the latter not likely to want to appear unless serious threats to their hidden settlements- they are hidden tribes that managed to escape the Hutts slavery into the city's roots which their ancestors built, and few even know existence of)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/09/17, 08:02:00 PM »
0 Show voters
Thank you @SivWysan, I appreciate you getting the ball rolling.

I encourage others to post questions, proposals, or invitations to other players. Post your Faction and what kinds of scenes you're looking for.

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/09/17, 08:06:41 PM »
0 Show voters
No problem! 

For some atmospherics on the DEEP parts of Nar Shaddaa I've fleshed out, see this post.  Not sure Jaade plans to go this far, heh, and if he does the inhabitants are likely to watch and keep themselves hidden very well.  Though if this plot hook is of interest, happy to explore a few possibilities of it if useful at all. 

Mostly its something I plan for some upcoming stories myself, so not letting the folks cover be blown, though people close to Maerin, or with some reason to be spying on her if she does make contact could potentially run across a hint of something unusual down here.
« Last Edit: 12/09/17, 08:09:15 PM by SivWysan »

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12/09/17, 08:10:10 PM »
0 Show voters
Karmic and I also have 4-5 Cartel Council NPC's if anyone wants Hutt politics to play into things, leftover from the Nexus plot with Geek and Tae.  Though obviously lots of time has passed, and some may have been bumped off.. 

Offline LVT

• Ritot, Ritot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12/09/17, 09:24:32 PM »
0 Show voters
I am interested.
Turari (29, Major, jr. grade CEDF)     Silivia Fenir (21, Freighter Captain)
Lashila Sellara (25, Grey Sith)         Harkasone Milan (29, Philanthropist)
Reill Farr(31, Silent Mandalorian)     Mystenin Felsa (26, 'Green' Jedi)
Touko Saizar(19, Turari's underling) Temple Guard #124(35, Pro Spook)
                                                    Freya Merril (?, ???)

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12/10/17, 01:57:31 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm a little confused... So there is no one plot or hook, the event is just "everyone happens to be in the same place at the same time for different reasons - improv it and we'll figure the event out based on what people post here"?
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12/10/17, 05:13:49 PM »
0 Show voters
To a degree @Noth.

Last week we ran some casual open-world cantina role-play, much like Dancer's Palace nights, and players brought their characters and then some old or recurring storylines came up, plus there were some plot drops for future Events people are working on.

So we wanted to run with that momentum, and give everyone a chance for a follow up. This time, it's a little more dangerous, as everyone is outside the cantina setting. We had a few in-character Imperial spies checking in on us last week, so we figured it makes sense that anyone with an vibroax to grind with Jaade, Iaera, the Jedi, Sith, this is their chance to make a play, or reverse, recruit one of those groups for their own needs (ie. Future plots or Events).

However I've also run PvP in my Events before - usually successfully - as it doesn't happen organically very often, so this is a chance to dust off your blasters and lightsabers and settle a score or repay a debt if it appeals to you.

I hope this helps.

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12/10/17, 11:34:15 PM »
0 Show voters
The location in the Event post above has been set;

Location - Updated: Nizek's District Stronghold (Nar Shaddaa)

This is a Stronghold owned by @Niarra, and while not open-world, it is perfect for the depths of The Smuggler's Moon. I will try and be online Monday evening (December 11) after 8:00PM P.S.T. if anyone wants to scout a location for their own scene at the same time.

Please sign up if you are confidant you will attend, even if you don't have a specific scene or character in mind. It always helps to have a rough head count so we know how many players to expect.
« Last Edit: 12/12/17, 02:45:41 PM by recoveringgeek »

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12/11/17, 06:24:17 PM »
0 Show voters
There is a possibility an unknown agent with ties to the Imp-aligned Shadow Syndicate may also make an appearance, depending how long I can stay with work.  Less likely to start a fight so much as gather information/contacts. 

He is a character linked to some earlier plots, but may remain in disguise.  This may change if he encounters someone with ties to the Tatooine underworld.  Certain groups like Black Sun and the Exchange may also find themselves targets, but only if they pose a threat to his interests and can be eliminated quietly. 
« Last Edit: 12/11/17, 06:27:04 PM by SivWysan »

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12/11/17, 07:33:33 PM »
0 Show voters
May be there a little later, updating dis game

There are many ways to serve the Empire

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12/11/17, 07:36:32 PM »
0 Show voters

Event's tomorrow Ryshias- though Indy night on Rishi cantina this eve. 

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12/11/17, 07:39:10 PM »
0 Show voters

Event's tomorrow Ryshias- though Indy night on Rishi cantina this eve. 

Oh, shall be done then (I suppose, I have seriously underestimated how sucky my connection could be at times)

There are many ways to serve the Empire

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12/12/17, 09:38:05 AM »
0 Show voters
Please sign up for tonight if you haven't already.

For those curious to attend but don't want to participate in any PVP, we will probably see a few NPC ne'er-do-wells make an appearance, and as we're using Personnel decorations which are static, combat will be a mixture of passive character abilities and free-form with a heavy dose of imagination.

If schedules align, we'll have @Niarra and possibly a Guest Gamemaster help out with some colourful street denizens to provide casual role-play opportunities.

Players are encouraged to initiate scenes and explore the set. See everyone tonight.