BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

February 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Feb 25: Old Woman's Plea: Mando-Hutt Conflict Episode 1 ( open 6pm Server/9EDT)
Feb 26: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Feb 26: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice (6:30
Mar 1: Jedi Night (7:30 PM)
Mar 1: Mei Dei

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: The Begeren Colony Community Timeline.  (Read 258 times)

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
The Begeren Colony Community Timeline.
« on: 12/24/17, 11:15:44 PM »
+1 Show voters
Thanks to extremely helpful links from @Dassalya, we now have an editable Excel timeline for Star Wars: The Old Republic and an (mostly?) official timeline to base it on.

Now, Dassalya has invited contributions, thus embarking on a goal I had a few years ago, to start creating a Timeline for our community, noting major community role-play events and as close to the actual timeline dates as we can approximate. I abandoned the idea as I felt it was too big to try and put together solo, and we've lost many Players who were once significant contributors.

I don't know if our forum has ever lost any Event postings, or if we can still scour that forum for every major Event that's been posted?

However, I also thought it would be really amazing to add in major events for each of our characters. That's why I created this thread, so we can discuss if this feasible, and any ground rules we'd like to try and voluntarily adhere to.

I wouldn't want to be the one updating Dassayla's Excel timeline, for fear of messing something up. However I would totally scour my own Events and character background to add in memorable details about characters I felt contributed to our Community storyline.

We all have secondary Alts who are important to us, but we may want to not include every single minor Event for the sake of sanity. Some years on the timeline might have multiple Events from multiple player contributors, so it would be helpful for everyone to start with the biggest Events first, and then slowly add in more content as we go.

I just think it would be wonderful to be able to go back and read the Timeline and remember some of the amazing Events and character moments we all shared (and may have forgotten!). I also think it would be nifty to see our Events overlaid on the main game timeline, and we can feel like our stories are part of the Galaxy-at-Large.

Thoughts?
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
Re: The Begeren Colony Community Timeline.
« Reply #1 on: 12/24/17, 11:21:17 PM »
+2 Show voters
This is actually exactly what I've done on a copy of the spreadsheet I have for my personal use. I've included all the birthdates, deathdates, and important events of my character's lives (and of the lives of characters with whom they have significant association as I am able). It's a lot of work, but it does put things into some neat perspectives! On that spreadsheet, I have a column for "Galactic Events" (i.e. what happens in the game canon) and a column for "Character Events" (events significant to my toons). It helps keep things a little more organized, if this is something in which folks are interested in moving forward.
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azeara

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12/24/17, 11:30:11 PM »
0 Show voters
Using what you've done so far as a template Dassayla, that's exactly what I'd love to see. The list might get busy and long, but re-creating the last six years of stories we've all been writing would be pretty amazing, and would give us all something that can outlive Star Wars: The Old Republic as a game.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12/25/17, 12:27:11 AM »
0 Show voters
Love this!  Definitely like to see it happen. 

The Wraiths played through a very detailed version of the initial Zakuul Republic Invasion and Timeskip, and a few major events before that.  Happy to add our stuff.  Here's our Timeskip timeline (have to fill in Grey Coalition/Alliance Stuff but I can help there too)

Zakuulan Invasion, Fall of Corellian Shipyards
Republic Fleet Regroups at Empress Teta/Deep Core Bastions.  Mantellan Separatist Terror attack on capital.   
Grey Covenant Guild Rescued from Taris Shipwreck, merges with Wraith Fleet
Fall of Brentaal IV/Key Hyperlane Junction and Admiral Aygo's Retreat through Ringalli Nebula
Republic Fleets begin to collapse; Proto-Star Fortress spotted over Brentaal IV
Skirmish on Begeren Colony/Rogue Zakuulan AI Discovered and canned by SIS/Wraiths tangle with Admiral Kraeken
Wraiths uncover Zakuulan Massacres of POW's, Republic Covert Assassinations of "disloyal" Jedi, signs of final Zakuulan massing on Core
Emergency Recall to Coruscant; Riots/Dissident Massacres on Duro by Sareesh's "Protectors"/Former Sixth Line Operatives.  Wraiths receive intel on Sareesh's war crimes. 
Final Assaults on Deep Core Fleet Bastions and Coruscant, Republic Surrender.  Admiral Kraeken tries to silence surrender order for Sareesh/attack comm station. 

Surrender+4 months Wraiths join military/Senate-backed team arresting Sareesh on Empress Teta trade conference.  Trap, team Captured, Wraiths pursued by Kraeken, fake death and escape in Isotope 5 explosion. 
« Last Edit: 12/25/17, 12:57:09 AM by SivWysan »

Offline SivWysan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12/25/17, 01:01:52 AM »
0 Show voters
I wonder if it would be possible to have tags for larger server-specific events/battles, and more personal character stuff.  Would help to differentiate Game Canon Galactic Events, BC Canon Galactic/Regional Events and smaller-scale family or character developments.  Though obviously some overlap it could help to keep things organized while fitting in some of the big things our community has fleshed out (like formation of Grey Coalition, liberation of a few planets, etc).

Offline Dassalya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12/25/17, 12:53:28 PM »
0 Show voters
Three columns instead of two might work for that. "Galactic Events", "Server Events", and "Character Events", perhaps?
Republic: Brinla Ruun|Dassalya Nasadee|Mihzarwi Taan|Nulaa Ulair|Tamminick Nasadee
Imperial: Adeliey Innesaud|Sadhara Zinn|Vedriat Azeara

Offline Ryshias

• The Dark Chorus
  • "...Keep them coming. I'll kill them all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12/25/17, 02:50:20 PM »
0 Show voters
I support this endeavor! And shall be say, I'm throwing my hat into the table by saying I could go around gathering data from most of the current wiki/asking concurrent users of the forum about their characters.

Nice idea! :grin:

There are many ways to serve the Empire

"I'm willing to burn half the galaxy if I save the other half in the process."

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12/25/17, 10:14:02 PM »
0 Show voters
Three columns instead of two might work for that. "Galactic Events", "Server Events", and "Character Events", perhaps?

Yes please.

I could go around gathering data from most of the current wiki/asking concurrent users of the forum about their characters.

If you can start that now, and perhaps even post that information here for Dassalya to mine for the Timeline entries, that would be helpful. Just be sure to get everyone's permission before you post any character history info in case something private was missed.

Offline NovaZero

• Life is the enemy, Death is our solace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12/26/17, 12:21:49 AM »
0 Show voters
oooOh! Thanks for this. Gives me good motivation to actually finish my wikis too. <3 @Dassalya
Heads up! Most of my roleplay is done over Discord!

Hit me up there if you're keen!

Offline Mei

• let your darker side give in
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12/26/17, 07:15:54 AM »
0 Show voters
Hmmm.... good reason to make sure my character wikis are all up to date!
Sometimes I get creative: Story Collection || Artwork Collection

Availability: M, T, Th 6-8pm PST. No Wed. Fri/Sat/Sun 50% chance.
Contact me on Discord: Mei'li#3559 or PM

Offline Ela

• Little ball of happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12/26/17, 09:16:30 AM »
0 Show voters
Super cool! Thanks @recoveringgeek and @Dassalya!
| Alexandra 70 Sage | Meagan 70 Sharpshooter | Medley 70 Sentinel | Sariyah 70 Shadow |

@>~~~ SONG SQUADRON ~~~<@