BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

February 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Feb 22: Jedi kNight (7:30 PST) + Council Meeting
Feb 23: Dancer's Palace 9pm PST
Feb 26: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Feb 26: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice (6:30
Mar 1: Jedi Night (7:30 PM)
Mar 1: Mei Dei

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: The Outfit Designer WIP Advice Thread  (Read 501 times)

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
Re: The Outfit Designer WIP Advice Thread
« Reply #15 on: 02/06/18, 01:14:41 AM »
0 Show voters

I love the red/dark gray default color of Visas Marr's blouse.  I like the gold filigree at the elbows, as well.  I like the pants (Bastila Shan's, I think); their plain, somewhat textured look goes with the theme I'm trying for, which is something like, "Fancy, but not delicate."  Just because she's got a nice shirt on doesn't mean she won't break your nose.

This character is a tank (Sith Juggernaut).  Her gloves and boots are meant to be armored, as I imagine her using martial arts-style combat more than her lightsaber, despite the animations of the game.

I'm looking for suggestions on the gloves.  I originally used Eidolon gloves, as they matched the colors well, looked like tanky gear, and left the gold filigree at the elbows exposed.  However, they're a bit too blocky and angular for my taste (for this character).  I'm looking for something a bit more rounded, as these Zakuul Knight gauntlets and boots are, but which don't obscure the elbows.  I'll probably put the Genteel Clothing belt back on and color match it, which will turn it maroon with the trim staying gold.  Edit:  it's gray with gold.  My mistake.

What would you suggest for the gloves?
« Last Edit: 02/06/18, 01:50:19 AM by Sotekh »

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02/06/18, 04:14:59 AM »
0 Show voters
For the gloves: Could try the old tried and true method of looking through the greens and blues on the GTN for a generic heavy armor piece that looks nice with the set. There are a lot of good overlooked pieces in there.

For everyone else: I'm having some trouble making up my mind for this outfit, what dye to use with it, and which skirt to slot in. Thoughts on the skirt and on a dye?

The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Online SquigglyV

• Don't you wish you shot like a girl?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02/06/18, 08:34:43 AM »
0 Show voters
@Sotekh You could go with the Mercenary Slicer's gloves. They do cover the gold trim though, but I haven't been able to find any other gloves that look sleekly armoured without having big elbow pads (or being ludicrously expensive).

The Conquered Exarch's Meditation gloves also look really well suited for use alongside robes while still looking really well armoured. They do have the same problem of covering the trim though. :/

Note: The gloves are not dyed or unified in these pictures. This character has no gloves so unifying colours won't work in the preview lol.

@Noth I like the skirt on the left, though both are really nice, and I think the dye you have is fine. It might look super nice if you swapped the colours tho, like do red primary and black secondary.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02/06/18, 08:54:11 AM »
0 Show voters
@Noth I like the skirt on the left, though both are really nice, and I think the dye you have is fine. It might look super nice if you swapped the colours tho, like do red primary and black secondary.
I was thinking red/red might also look nice. Something like the Honor Guard red, maybe? Regardless, I decided to keep it as-is for now and instead make a secondary outfit with a similar silhouette but a different color scheme and details!
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02/06/18, 01:44:38 PM »
0 Show voters
@Sotekh You could go with the Mercenary Slicer's gloves. They do cover the gold trim though, but I haven't been able to find any other gloves that look sleekly armoured without having big elbow pads (or being ludicrously expensive).

What are some of the ludicrously expensive options?  I might have some of them already.

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02/06/18, 02:00:57 PM »
0 Show voters
Calculated Mercenary's gloves, Tythian Disciple's gloves, and Revanite Champion's gloves are the ones I was thinking of, though they also all cover the trim. :/

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02/06/18, 09:35:48 PM »
0 Show voters
A few examples from the GTN:

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02/06/18, 09:41:23 PM »
0 Show voters

The Conquered Exarch's Meditation gloves also look really well suited for use alongside robes while still looking really well armoured. They do have the same problem of covering the trim though. :/

I like the Conquered Exarch's Meditation gloves a lot; thanks for posting that.  I didn't even know about them; can you still get them from Star Fortresses?

Until I can get some, trying these for a bit:

« Last Edit: 02/06/18, 10:42:29 PM by Sotekh »

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02/07/18, 05:00:50 AM »
0 Show voters
I'm pretty sure you can still get them, I don't remember how though. I believe you get to choose one piece every time you finish a heroic Star Fortress for the first time, though I haven't done Star Fortresses in forever so idk if that's right. They're legacy bound tho!

Those gloves you're using now look quite nice too.

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02/07/18, 07:19:54 AM »
0 Show voters
Bind to Legacy?  Nice.

Now:  are there any other headpieces that look like there's a veil over the mouth?  Much as I like that piece she's wearing, the camouflage pattern doesn't quite look right with the pattern on the shirt.

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02/13/18, 05:53:42 PM »
0 Show voters
I don't believe there are any veil-like headpieces, unfortunately. Would be nice for dancers and spooky Sith.

There is Ajunta Pall's mask though, which is probably the only cloth item covering the mouth that we have since everything else is a gas mask basically.

I've been looking at NPCs to find a good low-ranking Sith outfit, like an apprentice. I've found a few but not sure which to use.

I like the left one a lot (and it has a hood-up variant that looks identical!) but i'm not sure it works for a warrior. The middle one might be a bit too simple but I think it's really cute, idk how I feel about the pauldrons tho. And the right one just looks too armoured for formal or casual use, I could solve that by having multiple outfits but i'd still have to decide on another outfit in the first place lol.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02/13/18, 06:06:39 PM »
0 Show voters
I like the third one personally. Low-ranking Sith have plenty of reason to keep their armor on, since they make for easy targets should someone try to get to their superiors. Maybe use all three (four counting the hooded variant) situationally?

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02/13/18, 08:24:11 PM »
0 Show voters
I like the middle one, personally.

Online SquigglyV

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02/14/18, 07:58:15 AM »
0 Show voters
Maybe i'll go with the middle and right ones as a formal outfit and battle armour respectively. They're both used by so many NPCs, so I guess I can't really go wrong with either one.

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02/20/18, 10:30:04 PM »
0 Show voters
Still working on getting around to doing Star Fortresses for the Conquered Exarch Meditation gloves, but here's what she looks like now, with the Hallowed Gothic gloves and new hair:

A better shot of the gloves themselves:

Thanks for the tip; I really like these gloves, and had no idea they even existed!

Edit: fixed image links.
« Last Edit: 02/20/18, 10:33:45 PM by Sotekh »