BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

February 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Feb 25: Old Woman's Plea: Mando-Hutt Conflict Episode 1 ( open 6pm Server/9EDT)
Feb 26: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Feb 26: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice (6:30
Mar 1: Jedi Night (7:30 PM)
Mar 1: Mei Dei

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: WWOHS?  (Read 172 times)

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • Days Since Last Fall Off Makeb: 8
    • View Profile
WWOHS?
« on: 02/07/18, 04:41:27 AM »
0 Show voters
We all know the guy. From his edgy one-eye mascara accident to his pointy "Hey look I'm a bad guy!" goatee to the nasal-y way he practically vomits 'slave' at you like the very word tastes like dogpoo.

A friend and I who recently made new Sith characters have been having a good ol' laugh about how much we love to hate Overseer Harkun, and what our characters would really say or do to him if they had the chance.

So! Let's have some fun with exactly that.

If your Sith character had been trained as an acolyte under Overseer Harkun, however long ago; What Would Overseer Harkun Say, and what would your OC say right back?
« Last Edit: 02/07/18, 04:44:53 AM by Aolani »
"Son, you got wings on your armor and a tattoo goatee. Imma think nerd as automatically as humanly possible."

- Zmaj

There are many ways to serve the Empire

Offline SquigglyV

• Don't you wish you shot like a girl?
    • View Profile
Re: WWOHS?
« Reply #1 on: 02/07/18, 06:51:19 AM »
+1 Show voters
edgy one-eye mascara accident

excuuuuse me it's called a tattoo and it's fashionable.

I feel like half of my Sith would be treated the same as the inquisitor, just replace "slave" with "alien." The human ones would probably just get average treatment, at least by Sith standards. So that's not very interesting.

Alonni and Phayri would probably receive treatment closer to Ffon though. Alonni has enough Sith ancestry to not be considered a degenerate, plus a lot of education in proper Sith/Imperial practices. And Phayri is the daughter of a Darth, which is enough to trigger anyone's self-preservation instincts lol. :P

Offline Sotekh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02/07/18, 07:30:52 AM »
+1 Show voters
Sotekh, Saaret, and Thaavah are all half Sith Pureblood, half human, though their Red Sith mother looks nearly human herself, so all three of the kids look like pure humans.

I imagine that Harkun would get on them about that, or how their Sith mother is basically a nutjob, or both at once. 

I.e.:  "No wonder your mother went insane...she couldn't bear the shame of her weak blood, which she's passed on to you."

To which Thaavah would bristle, but say nothing, as she's very conscious of status, and as an acolyte, Harkun outranks her.  She'd endure his taunts until she was out of the academy, and then forget him like the worm that he is.

Saaret would just look at him with her head tilted slightly, and remain silent.  A few days later, Harkun would wake up with tuk'ata innards covering his bed.  A single black flower would be placed in the middle.

Sotekh would laugh at him, a cold and cruel laugh.  When Sotekh becomes a Darth, he'll show back up and kill Harkun, slowly, laughing the same cruel laugh the whole time.

Offline Noth

• The Jedi of Tira'Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02/07/18, 08:45:31 AM »
0 Show voters
Gotta love Harkun... Guess I can spoil my own stuff a little to brainstorm about this.

Zhekrazh would have gotten a lot of sneering 'alien' comments, probably, or 'brute' given his family did the whole 'Rattataki who bound themselves to a Sith Lord liege to follow' thing. He would have calmly sneered back and bragged that his alien blood makes him stronger than weak and foolish humans. Also throw it back in his face that the Sith who sent him to Korriban was a Pureblood from an old family... and Harkun is nothing compared to that.

The girls could have possibly met Harkun, which is a fun thought. And no doubt gotten a lot of 'slave' and 'alien' and 'half-blood' tossed at them, and calling their father a weak Sith following an even weaker Lord. (Spoiling my own OC backstories here...) Zorru would probably have given her dad's line about alien blood. Z'ridia would have quietly delivered some variant of the 'The more you make me hate you, the stronger I become.' lines you can give in the cutscenes, and come back once she was an Apprentice to thank him and rub it in further.

Which opens up the way for more Harkun sneering, since Z'ridia became her dad's apprentice, and that's just... open for jabbing at and repeating the 'Then you'll be weak like your father' type comments, with bonus 'Go hide behind daddy's skirts and let the real Sith earn what they are'.

And someone, somewhere, would insult his eye makeup.
« Last Edit: 02/07/18, 08:47:59 AM by Noth »
The Jedi: Bren (Archaeologist), Iirim (Healer), Zorru (Recruiter), Orans (Master), Aybekk (Padawan)
The Politicians: Varooth (Senator), Seirion (Aide/Spy), Ayrak (King)
The Mandos: Urziya (Rallymaster), Terr (Chieftain)
The Outlaws: Telen (Slicer), Majia (Pirate/Smuggler)
The Imperials: Athuuna (Agent), Zhekrazh (Lord), Z'ridia (Apprentice)

Offline Orell

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02/07/18, 10:39:43 AM »
0 Show voters

...ya know, given how much of a classhole he is, it's probably meant to remind you of a monacle :D.

Quarasha

Harkun: "Hah. I knew you would be a failure, slave."

Quarasha: "Ah, Harkun, as always, your sneering disapproval reminds me that I'm on the right track."

Asori

Harkun: "Hmph. You could be doing better, but at least you know what those stick are for."

Asori: <Glare Silently>
Character List:

Pub side: Lien Orell, Kyri Orell, Shaantil (possibly Dumas), Norland, Everen (bank alt ATM), Quarashaa (Pub version of the real Quarasha), Merrant

Imp Side: Quarasha, Effet Ornell, Arazel, Zedney, Zhel, Asori-Alnas

Offline Iaera

• Arbiter
  • Jeeeeeeediiiiiii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02/07/18, 11:00:55 AM »
0 Show voters
Perditus would smile, bow politely, refrain from saying anything (overly) rude other than suggesting he not mistreat potentially capable young Sith, and silently mark him for discreet assassination later.

Think Roose Bolton or Tywin Lannister.
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fiat justitia ruat clum

Iaera Farworlder - Jedi Master, lightsaber instructor, Jedi Custodum
Sibyl-ko Tanaji - ex-punk, fighter pilot, Argent Squadron
also many alts i never play ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Hawking

• Deep Quote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02/07/18, 03:14:37 PM »
0 Show voters
Digging back into the vaults of yore to my Sith RP days here...

Lethash would probably offer him a gracious bow and some thinly veiled quip about how helpful the dear overseer had been, and mentally note him down as one to avoid or stomp on later.

Lexicanus would go on some esoteric tangent because his player had no idea what he was doing when he was an active character. He'd probably then disappear or invade Harkun's soul or something.

Carvur would rip his head off. And then eat the head.

Characters:

-Hawking Shatari, Master of Myserty
-Aspasia Maguire, Smack Talker
-Rieko "Boogie" Black, Agent of the Empire

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • Days Since Last Fall Off Makeb: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02/07/18, 04:58:40 PM »
0 Show voters

...ya know, given how much of a classhole he is, it's probably meant to remind you of a monacle :D.

AAAH I'M DYING  :omg: :lol:

Baelfir would have tried to play the part of snake-charmer, likely failed miserably, then at some point with Harkun beet-red in the face dropped the bomb that his prospective master is from an old pureblood family. Then watch the guy stew in his juices.

My new little feral Feyda, however...

Harkun: Well well, what was it your Sith patron said? A flunky Jedi? Peh! None are more pathetic, even the slaves they cart here in the dozens are not beneath you, worm!

Feyda: *just watching him quietly*

Harkun: What? What is that blank, listless face for? Don't you understand my simple common, alien filth?

Feyda, dreamily: I wonder what your insides would look like on the outside

Several months later, when his master comes to claim him,

Harkun, probably while covered in k-slug guts, trembling with anger: TAKE IT BACK. TAKE IT BACK NOW WE DON'T WANT IT.

Lord Tas'ra, stroking his chin, watches the cheeky grin fall from Feyda's face as he muses: Hm... Maybe a few more months...
"Son, you got wings on your armor and a tattoo goatee. Imma think nerd as automatically as humanly possible."

- Zmaj

Offline Jaydek

• The Dark Chorus | House Moros
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02/08/18, 05:32:18 PM »
+1 Show voters
Tas'ra was always quite the internal seether, and arrogant AF.  :compare:

Harkun: Late again, slave...

Tas'ra: I enjoy taking my time, Overseer. [cleans his blade of the fresh blood of his competition] Besides, I do believe I'm not the last to arrive... Tulan has yet to make it back from the tombs.

Harkun: Wipe that smile off your face, you alien filth. Tulan was found dead, so that just leaves you. Lord Zash has no time for wastrels, or useless scum like you. I should strike you down where you stand, and save Lord Zash the trouble!

Tas'ra: I've been called worse things by better people. Surely you have better things to do, Overseer. What is my next task?

Internally, he's thinking about how gorgeously satisfying sinking a blade between his ribs and watching him suffocate on his own blood will be, one day...