BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

February 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Feb 22: Jedi kNight (7:30 PST) + Council Meeting
Feb 23: Dancer's Palace 9pm PST
Feb 26: Return to Rishi - Indie Night (6:30)
Feb 26: Mare'cye'tuur - A Very Mando Winter Solstice (6:30
Mar 1: Jedi Night (7:30 PM)
Mar 1: Mei Dei

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: Holo-net Page requests!  (Read 8472 times)

Offline Seraphie

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
Re: Holo-net Page requests!
« Reply #60 on: 06/01/14, 11:04:05 AM »
0 Show voters
Ok, figured out how to create a wiki page for Stell myself, yay! But I'm still having problems with the infobox. As soon as I add the infobox, it puts my whole article tied to the infobox (not in the box itself, but just as if it were all the same item on the page) in the visual editor and I have to use the source editor to change anything. I'm guessing I'm missing a tag, or more likely part of a tag somewhere, but I can't figure out where, even after looking at the source of a number of existing pages. I also can't get the image for the infobox right. Aylaa, when you have a few minutes, can you have a look at my page and let me know what I need to do to fix these things? Thanks so much!

Joshmaul helped me fix it all! Thanks so much!

Offline Joshmaul

• A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 06/01/14, 12:55:47 PM »
0 Show voters
Glad to help, Stell. :D
Circled tomb of a different age
Secret lines carved on ancient stone
Heroic kings laid down to rest
Forgotten is the race that no one knows

Offline Aena

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 06/01/14, 11:38:19 PM »
0 Show voters
Ok, so i decided i'm finally going to make a HoloNet page for Jen'asha, and i did with some basic information.

However, it looks like shit. I do study Web Developing and Design and i am familiar with code, but i've never made a Wiki page anywhere before, and i'm slightly confused. I'd like it to look better, but i also want to do it myself so i learn.

Therefore, i'd like some help and advice. How would i go about making it look kind of like Colton's page for Drexa? I really like that one. :)

Offline Darshendros

• Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 06/01/14, 11:46:38 PM »
0 Show voters
Usually you can look at the templates other people use on their pages (via the Source tab) and copypasta them and edit it with your own into, or pick a template from the side panel (but sometimes they're wonky). And headers organize everything nicely. And add Categories so your page gets listed in the right section.

Offline Aena

• Parts Donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 06/02/14, 12:00:31 AM »
0 Show voters
Thanks, Darsh! Also, how and where do i upload images?

Offline Darshendros

• Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 06/02/14, 12:34:28 AM »
0 Show voters
Click the Photos link on the main page.

Offline Aybri

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 06/24/14, 02:23:43 AM »
0 Show voters
Name: Aybri Augustus Rand
Title: N/A
Race: Human
Faction: Independent
Homeworld: Coruscant
Player char or NPC: Character
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Game character class and advanced class: Sniper

Summary: Aybri was born on Coruscant, in the Core Systems in the Galactic Republic. His family is held in high regard, both in the military and in the Jedi Order for their contributions to society and to the galaxy as the whole. When word came around of Aybri's associations with the Sith Empire, he shamed his entire family. Killing people for credits, dealing with Sith and Imperial Intelligence; many people looked down on him for his dealings, exposed by his brother, Anesial. While his dealings within the Empire and outside it are suspect, you can easily tell just by talking to him that he takes who he deals with seriously and professionally, regardless of his reputation, so long as they pass his 'test'[1]. He maintains a relationship with his family, if strained due to his allegiance. As of late, however, the young bounty hunter has changed clients, breaking off with the Sith Empire and becoming a truly independent gun.

Physical Description: Six feet tall, and two inches, the man can easily blend in in crowds if he so wished. With his calm, orderly hair, to his tough jaw and intimidating aura, he can be considered handsome in human terms, and persuasive at least. He usually spends time on his ship, alone, working on his warp drive or navi-computer when he has the chance. Those times, he dresses casually without fear of being embarrassed, wearing comfortable coats and his shorts.

Personality: Strong, and all too often flaunting the advantages of being independent, Aybri has always been a stubborn kid, never backing down unless an ally or friend tells him to do so. Often times, this has earned him the reputation of being a "leashed dog", but he doesn't let that get to him. He gives the "earned respect" to the Sith, but when they talk about murdering innocents, all bets are off with this hired gun. With a strong sense of right and wrong, he believes nothing can go wrong if he has a faithful companion at his side, covering his back while he tries to keep those he loves safe.
« Last Edit: 06/26/14, 06:24:14 PM by Aybri »

Offline Abbon

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 05/17/15, 08:15:24 AM »
0 Show voters
Is this still an open offer, Aylaa?

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 05/17/15, 11:45:42 AM »
0 Show voters
Yes though I will want more information and I will require that your text comply with our Manual of style.

http://begerencolony.org/holonet/Holonet:Manual_of_Style

Alternatively I can build the page for you to fill out.

Give me the following. * are marked as mandatory. the rest are optional and will fill out the box like so: http://begerencolony.org/holonet/Holonet:Manual_of_Style/Character_Records#Example

|name=*
|image=
|Status=
|species=*
|gender=*
|age=*
|height=*
|weight=
|hair color=*
|eye color=*
|skin color=
|homeworld=
|title=*
|alias=
|affiliation=*
|residence=
|spoken languages=*
|understood languages=*
|notable relations=
|in-game name= *
|in-game faction= *

All text should be presented as being factual and as non-narrative or commentary-like as possible. (I.E. make it read close to a wikipedia article) and should contain things people could be able to access via rp.

Leading text: this is a short paragraph summary of who your character is.

Appearance: The appearance section describes the character's physical appearance. i.e how the character dresses themselves for day to day activities, how they style their hair, notable scars, tattoos and other unique features.

I will provide a history and relationships stub for you to fill out. I can also upload an image for you if you have posted it online someplace.

Offline Slavish

• I used to be sweet and Innocent then shit happened
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 08/14/15, 08:33:06 AM »
0 Show voters
Is this active? I would be interested in submitting a Character if it is.  :aww:

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 08/14/15, 10:18:03 AM »
0 Show voters

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 01/03/16, 12:46:18 PM »
0 Show voters
Ok - Since its been awhile and I didn't see anyone ask this directly...recently... =D

I thought I'd post the question instead of just PMing @Aylaa.

I can also upload an image for you if you have posted it online someplace.

How do you want us to do this?

Do you determine the size of the image?  How does the notation work for the quotes about the pictures?

This is my very first wikki anything and I'm getting the text edit part no problem (I once knew how to code HTML...HA!), but what/how do I do the stuff with the images.

I'm wanting to put in a few more (like Malagant/JoshMauls...) than just the overall picture from the summary so I wasn't sure how the coding went and whether I link them to you from like a third party or give you the images directly?

:aww:

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood

Offline Aylaa

• Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 01/03/16, 01:37:51 PM »
0 Show voters
You can upload images yourself and then link to it using the wiki markup :)

http://begerencolony.org/holonet/Special:Upload is where you go to upload and that page also displays what the wiki markup for displaying images is. Try to stick to the 200px wide display guideline if you can :) The maximum file size of any given image is 2mb

Offline Auryn

• Parts Donor
  • Days Since Last Fall Off Makeb: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 01/03/16, 02:31:04 PM »
0 Show voters
I keep flaking on doing my Wiki pages... Wish I had a Mr Meeseeks to do it for me >.>

"Son, you got wings on your armor and a tattoo goatee. Imma think nerd as automatically as humanly possible."

- Zmaj

You can find me at Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground

Offline Karmic

• The Shadows Betray you, because they Serve Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 01/04/16, 10:46:52 PM »
0 Show voters
You can upload images yourself and then link to it using the wiki markup :)

http://begerencolony.org/holonet/Special:Upload is where you go to upload and that page also displays what the wiki markup for displaying images is. Try to stick to the 200px wide display guideline if you can :) The maximum file size of any given image is 2mb

Hrm, ok not sure what I did wrong for the Header-Box-Image.

I used the pasted text, but I can't get rid of the "250" on the side...

Nevermnd I THINK I figured it out.... its...fixed... *peers at the page*

History Posts:  Her Backstory , Darth-Hood