BC.org relies on donations to provide an environment for players of the Begeren Colony SWTOR Server. For those who wish to contribute in any capacity, a module is available to display what the site uses:

Calendar

October 2018
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Events
Oct 18: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT
Oct 25: Jedi Night - 7:30 PM PDT

Shoutbox

Voice Chat

Site specific user guide.

For those with Discord client: https://discord.gg/ymKqsvC

Author Topic: (OOC) SoCal Begeren Colony GeekOut - OFFICIAL INVITE  (Read 15892 times)

Offline Alumar

• Parts Donor
  • "There is always a choice. Always hope."
    • View Profile
Re: (OOC) SoCal Begeren Colony GeekOut - OFFICIAL INVITE
« Reply #15 on: 06/24/12, 12:00:01 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm in. Who know where to get the best round trip airfare from Seattle?

:)
"Do not be one to let the WAR come to you. There is always choice, for as much as your heart knows, there is always hope."

Offline Alumar

• Parts Donor
  • "There is always a choice. Always hope."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06/24/12, 12:05:01 PM »
0 Show voters
PS- Disara if you wear pants on your head I'll buy you a beer.
"Do not be one to let the WAR come to you. There is always choice, for as much as your heart knows, there is always hope."

Offline Lanse

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06/24/12, 12:48:16 PM »
0 Show voters
I'm in. Who know where to get the best round trip airfare from Seattle?

:)

Alaska Air's got a nice L.A. area-Seattle service, we used it when we went Burbank to Seattle (and back again) for Emerald City Con this year.

But check kayak.com and it'll give you a ton of options.

Offline Disara

• Web designer by day and comic book artist by night
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06/24/12, 02:22:02 PM »
0 Show voters
PS- Disara if you wear pants on your head I'll buy you a beer.

You guys are turning me into Disara in RL. Though first I will need to loose a ton of weight and not have boobs in order to be an accurate Disara. :P

Offline Disara

• Web designer by day and comic book artist by night
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06/24/12, 02:32:43 PM »
0 Show voters
For those of you who are coming from out of town, here is a list of some hotels that you can check out.

(All prices below are based on what I saw on Kayak.com)

Places located in Little Tokyo and blocks away from where we will meet up: (Sold out of rooms)
  • Miyako Hotel = $199 a night - 0.1 miles away from Oiwake
  • Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens - 0.3 miles away from Oiwake.

Places near where I live, Pasadena that are "cheap". Thanks to the Rose Parade, we have plenty of hotels.
  • Super 8 = $70
  • Rodeway Inn & Suites = $65
  • Saga Motor Hotel = $69
    It's right across from a college campus (Pasadena City College). The restaurants next to it are what you expect across from a college; fast food and a 99 Cent store. Plus a pretty nice English style pub near by. This hotel was built in the 1950s and still has that sort of look to it. Some say the look makes the place look tacky, while others say it's nostalgic.
  • Best Western Royal = $77
  • Best Western = $87
  • Howard Johnson = $89
    Another place that's right across from PCC.
  • Quality Inn = $82
  • And many more...

Lanse and I will be taking the Gold Line train to Little Tokyo. The station is the Sierra Madre Gold Line Station and a lot of the hotels I put for Pasadena are pretty close to this station. Quality Inn (the last on the list of hotels) is possibly in walking distance for most - depends on what you consider a long walk. You are more than welcome to meet up and ride with us on the Gold Line to Little Tokyo. Cost to ride the Gold Line is $1.50 one way. So that's $3.00 for the whole day.

There seems to be limited hotel room in the hotels in Little Tokyo. This might be because the next week there is a big Japanese holiday for the entire week that a lot of people travel to Little Tokyo for. So if you want to try booking a room in Little Tokyo, do it fast.
« Last Edit: 06/24/12, 06:08:06 PM by Disara »

Offline Dyven

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06/24/12, 02:57:51 PM »
0 Show voters
Hey Dis, when I checked last night before I started talking to you both hotels near the mall are sold out for that weekend already.  Which was why I was wondering about hotels near you guys so we can just travel as a group.  Besides, everyone knows Rpers travel in packs. 

But yes the "infinite awesome" that kaly is referring to is my infinite crazy.  It occurred to me yesterday other then a few cons I have not taken a real road trip in almost five years so I decided to say "California, here I come!"

And Alys, I am in Kansas City so I take the great 70 route to get anywhere.  I jump a exit off 70 and I am on a highway going straight to Kaly.
« Last Edit: 06/24/12, 03:02:55 PM by Dyven »

Offline Kalypstra

• "We know truth, not only by reason but, by heart."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06/24/12, 03:24:27 PM »
0 Show voters
Now now Korti... we love you for your crazy.  Besides, you'll have a full dose of it with me in the car for 18 hours AND staying at my house the night before with me and Kalin!  And I think everyone in here will agree it -is- pretty awesome that you are offering to pick me up on your way to Cali!  Now.. Sciran lives in Denver >.>

Characters:
Kalypstra (Main)
Nara'kei
Rikki'a
Viridiah

Offline Lanse

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06/24/12, 03:29:16 PM »
0 Show voters
Wow, you guys are troopers.  Not literally, I mean, but that's quite a trip!  :D

If you get one of the hotels Disara listed closer to PCC, there's an Allen Avenue stop for the Gold Line that will be closer than Sierra Madre Villa. It's walkable. The selling point of Sierra Madre Villa is free parking: anytime, all the time, for as long as you want.

Now that brings up one quirk I do want to mention early... our Metro Rail stops running at an abominably early hour, even on weekends. So although Oiwake doesn't close until 2am, if we don't want to end up stranded we'll have to head out of there by 11:30pm at the latest (last train back to Pasadena is 11:38).

Offline Ghazan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06/24/12, 08:53:13 PM »
0 Show voters
Damn, how interesting would it be...and I am good at singing so mwahaha. Um hopefully I will know before the end of July!

Offline recoveringgeek

• Aged Scoundrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06/25/12, 02:17:13 AM »
0 Show voters
Someone needs to be organized and get at least one clear group shot of everyone, plus various pictures of the event itself. Just sayin'.
I knew some of the Palace history, but not the bit about Jaade crashing that barge. That's good lore, right there.  :grin:

Offline Kalypstra

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06/25/12, 08:39:41 AM »
0 Show voters
Oh there will be pictures.  I have to smear you guys all over my guild site and facebook page :P

Also... I can sing as well >.> Music is my soul and any form of music has always had my attention.  I hope it's enjoyable and I can't wait!

Characters:
Kalypstra (Main)
Nara'kei
Rikki'a
Viridiah

Offline Colton

• Parts Donor
  • I write. A lot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06/25/12, 11:06:04 AM »
0 Show voters
Now that brings up one quirk I do want to mention early... our Metro Rail stops running at an abominably early hour, even on weekends. So although Oiwake doesn't close until 2am, if we don't want to end up stranded we'll have to head out of there by 11:30pm at the latest (last train back to Pasadena is 11:38).

AFTERPARTY AT DISARA'S PLACE!!! :D
Saura Colton - Former Republic slicer/spy
Jace Colton - Captain of the Second Star (retired)
Drexa Nahir - Akar Enclave Master (deceased)

Offline Kalypstra

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06/25/12, 11:26:20 AM »
0 Show voters
YES!!!!!!

Characters:
Kalypstra (Main)
Nara'kei
Rikki'a
Viridiah

Offline Colton

• Parts Donor
  • I write. A lot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06/25/12, 12:54:45 PM »
0 Show voters
I love that so many people are getting in on this, and even coming in from out of state to hang out with us! I'm so excited that we're going to have a real live cantina night! ;D
Saura Colton - Former Republic slicer/spy
Jace Colton - Captain of the Second Star (retired)
Drexa Nahir - Akar Enclave Master (deceased)

Offline Dyven

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06/25/12, 01:31:32 PM »
0 Show voters
Oh boy, no singing for me.  I took voice lessons for years and was a part of many choirs but can not do the get up on stage in a bar scene.  But I can't wait to meet everyone.  While we are there we can discuss the secret plan to take over both the republic and the empi.....I mean...all the great fun to be had in the future!

And yes, I have confirmed finances and it is a go for me.  Just need to get final confirmation on hotel room.  In the meantime I guess if there are going to be pictures I should go get a hair cut and a mask....maybe even some cool shades.  8)